main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whats the best UK aspect of Star Wars?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Animawookiee, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animawookiee

Animawookiee Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2003
    Whats the best UK aspect of Star Wars?

:confused:

In my opinion it has to be Sir Alec Guinness. Mainly because he brought an air of sofistication and wisdom to a 70's fantasy sci-fi film.

Your opinions please...

:)

EDIT: I changed the question to be 'UK' and not 'BRITISH'. This is the UK forum after all.

2. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Good thread mate. :)

I agree with you on AG. However, for me it has to be the duo that is Ewan and Liam. ;)

Liam was fantastic in TPM (the best acting performence in the film IMO) and many a time, his work on that film is overlooked. :(

Then we have Ewan. I thought he was great in TPM, but his acting and integrity just knoked me back in AOTC. He was awesome in every aspect. :D

3. Posh_British_Jedi

Posh_British_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003
    ''Whats the best UK aspect of Star Wars?''

Perhaps the fact that so many people in a galaxy far, far away speak with a middle-class British accent. 8-}

I agree with Darth_Imran, Qui-Gon Jin is a totally underrated character. Liam?s performance is right up there with Alec Guinness?s in the original trilogy. The only actor that tops him would be the fantastic Ian McDiarmid, IMHO.

4. Animawookiee

Aug 3, 2003
    I feel that both Liam and Ewan were brilliant in The Phantom Menace. They really showed how UK actors are better than Americans.

I think that Ewan seemed better in Attack of the Clones because he was the master and could be more dominant over Christensen and really put in the best performance.

And I agree Posh_British_Jedi, Ian McDiarmid is brilliant in the films so far, he will be amazing in Episode III too.

5. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    At last a Star Wars topic :)

For me it has to be Lord Vader himself (Dave Prowse) even as a kid and not liking the films I still adored the character of Darth Vader.

6. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    Jeez, so much to choose from, remember that it's not only the cast but a lot of the crew are from the UK, GL obviously recognises talent when he sees it. This is actually one major bugbear with me; when American kids go on about "Star Wars" being American. OK, the idea and leadership comes from the mind of an American but after that it's a pretty much a Global affair.

Anyroadup, my choice would be Ian McDiarmid, Palpatine is the best acted part in the whole Saga.

7. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Two Words: Peter Cushing

8. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    FFUK Nuff said :D

Wait there you mean the films [face_plain] The fact that apart from George Lucas and a couple of American actors in ANH (and I presume ESB and ROTJ), the films were mainly made by British people (That doesn't make any sense ?[face_plain]) So what, up the Brits :D

9. Animawookiee

Aug 3, 2003
    I was originally going to say the mostly British crew, but opted to say Sir Alec Guinness because he had more of a prominant role. England is famous for having the best film crews in the world. Carpenters, camera operators, SFX, we still are the best!!

10. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    :D *Booming British Pride* :D

11. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    wookiee, when you say "England" I presume you mean "British" i.e. the Scots, Welsh, Northern Irish AND the English???

12. Animawookiee

Aug 3, 2003
    Im confused!! :confused:

Darth_Asabrush, I think I meant what I said. England has the best film crews. I did say in the same post 'the mostly British crew', I said that because I did not want to exclude countries in the UK, but I've never heard people say the Welsh have brilliant film crews. I really was not trying to exclude countries, I was just being honest!! I did say UK in the title. Im still confused.

EDIT: Infact I'll just say:

The UK has the best film crew's in the world.

Yeah, thats better.

13. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    Not one single Welshman has contributed to the SW Saga. Unless you count the Shaak in AOTC.

14. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    I'm sorry but you cannot exclude the Scots! I just get fed up with people saying "England" when refering to the "British". And that's coming from an Englishman from the south coast!

15. Animawookiee

Aug 3, 2003
    I never excluded the Scottish!! I said the right thing by what I said. Anyway...

British = The English, The Scottish and The Welsh!
    The UK = England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland!
    The British Isles = The UK, Eire, Isle of Man + the other small islands around the UK and Eire!
    The Above = A brief lesson for my Yank mates

Finally I know where I live!! Seriously, I have lived on this Island for over 22 years and still dont know what all the names mean. Now I can learn what you have said Darth_Asabrush and be that bit smarter. Thank you.

EDIT: And Im from the UK!!

16. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Not a single Welshman has contributed to the SW saga eh??

The Millennium Falcon was built and stored in Barry, South Wales. Nuff said.

We make the fastest hunks of junk in the galaxy I?ll have you know.

Plus i'm pretty sure that Jar-Jar Binks is a native of Merthyr Tydfil. People from South Wales will get that joke, others won't.

17. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    It just erks me when the Yanks refer to England and mean Britain (re: my sig). I'm not sure about your comment about where you live.

Anyway, moving on......

I still think Peter Cushing is the best Brit in the entire SW saga. His accent is pure evil and he needs no supernatural powers to be one bad ass dude (just command of the biggest gun in the galaxy)!

PS - It's the teacher in me you know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.