main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the BIG mystery the "Dagobah's Cave"

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jedi4christ37, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi4christ37

jedi4christ37 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2005
    Greetings,
    I have been reading these boards for the last 3 years and I love this site and the SW saga in general. One thing in the saga that most people seem confused over is the Dagobah Cave. I have a theory about the cave and it's purpose. Which is as follows:
    The cave was primarily a lesson. Just prior to going into the cave Yoda tells Luke that the only in the cave is what he takes with him. Prior to that he tells Luke that a Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense. Now with that said the force was trying to tell Luke about who his father was and how he turn to the dark side. This plays into "only what you take with you" line and the "knowledge and defense" line. Also it was showing Luke how his father turned initially to the darkside. Remember how he (Anakin) decapitated Tyrannus. Therefore to an extent the force was giving him a warning about the future. The reason that Luke passes his test in the end is because of the cave, in ROTJ after Luke takes Vader's hands he pause then the Emperor starts proding him to kill Vader. The Emperor is not the reason that Lukes does not kill Vader the reason he doesn't do is because he remembers the cave. My point is that this was not a darkside presence or any of that non-sense. The only darkside that was in the cave was iin Luke's feelings about what he needed to do to save the galaxy, when Yoda tells that that place is a domain of evil really he just perparing Luke for where the Force was about to take him to.It was showing him who his father was as well, that's why when the helmet explodes it is his face that he sees, this is also another vision of the future meaning that he will becaome what he hates if he uses that same tactics as his enemy ( the lesson Yoda and Obi-Wan learn in dealing with Vader and Sidious).

2. TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR

TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    jedi4christ... what the

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Welcome to the Saga forum. This is a place for cross-trilogy discussion of the six films. The cave is only featured in The Empire Strikes Back, so this thread would be better off at the Classic Trilogy Forum.

Thank You,
    Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.