main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX what's the craziest thing you've done for SW?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Pete_Solo, Feb 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete_Solo

Pete_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2000
    Was it waiting in line for TPM? Was it saving all your money to get the latest toys once they came out? Just how far have you gone?
    For me, I skipped my math lab class (told the instructor that my sister was in labor) and that I wanted to be there. So I drove across town and paid full admission to see the trailer for TPM. I didn't feel so bad, there were at least 6 other people who had the same idea.
    Pete

2. Sirikus_Willowbend

Sirikus_Willowbend Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2000
    Something crazy for star wars? nah i've never done anything the least bit crazy for star wars...

*grin*

sirk

3. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I spent over $1,000 going to the Denver convention. Then $800 on some original figures to complete my classic collection. Standing in the cold, rainy mud, waiting to see Anthony Daniels in a large outdoor tent. Not that I'm complaining or anything. ;)

4. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Does driving around riding shotgun wearing a Jar Jar mask and waving at people count?

5. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Well.. fortunately I have a husband who keeps me in check with my insanity.. LMAO! Probably a good thing I'm a "house wife" or else I'd be spending Waaaaaaay too much $$ on SW stuff :) If I were single and working, I'd probably constantly be traveling all over the place for conventions and stuff and buying merchandise and thinking about living space arrangements more suited to "where can I put my stuff, neatly" LOL ;)

Of course.. my hubby does think my SW and especially Maul obsession is "cute" and would buy everything if he could <g>....

I don't think I'll be waiting in any lines but I would love to get into costuming someday and hope I can make a big convention or event outside of Texas sometime in the future.

6. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    I remember everything! I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday. I was barely seventeen, and I once killed a boy with a Fender guitar. I don't remember if it was a Telecaster or a Stratocaster, but I do remember that it had a heart of chrome and a voice like a horny angel.

I don't remember if it was a Telecaster or a Stratocaster, but I do remember that it wasn't...at all....easy. It required the perfect combination of the right power chords and the precise angle from which to strike.

The guitar bled for about a week afterward. And the blood was zoooo...dark and rich like wild berries. The blood of the guitar was Chuck Berry red. The guitar bled for about a week afterward but it rung out beautifully and I was able to play notes I had never even heard before.

So, I took my guitar, and I smashed it against the wall! I smashed it against the floor! I smashed against the body of a varsity cheerleader! Smashed it against the hood of a car! Smashed against a 1981 Harley Davidson! The Harley howled in pain! The guitar howled in heat!

And I ran up the stairs to my parents bedroom. Mommy and daddy were sleeping in the moonlight. Slowly I opened the door, creeping in the shadows right up to the foot of their bed. I raised the guitar high above my head, and just when I was about to bring the guitar crashing down upon the center of the bed, my father woke up screaming,

"Stop! Wait a minute! Stop it, boy! That's no way to treat an expensive musical instrument!"

And I said, "GOD D$#^IT, DADDY! You know I love you. BUT YOU'VE GOT A HELL OF A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!"

This moment of insanity was brought to you by me. =) If you are still reading I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but I felt like reciting the Steineman speech.

I suppose the most embarrasing thing I've done for SW would be spilling water all over a famous Star Wars actor's kitchen counter. =)

7. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    I ain't sayin nothin about your post Kurgan.

:)

8. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Jon, you like Star Wars? Waterboy, I ain't got nuthin' to add to that =:eek:

9. JarvisW

JarvisW Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2000
    I heard some fool (in this group?) sat out for a month to get EP1 tickets! JK!

I myself pulled a Homer out side of the ESB premier. I kept saying "I can't believe Vader is Lukes father!" to the other people who were waiting to see the second show! I feel bad now but back then I felt "If you werent here waiting in line for the first show then you deserve the spoilers!"

10. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    I've done quite a few things for SW, but i think my most dire decision was revealing to my wife that the reason i liked her choice name for my daughter "Skylar" was that it resembled "Skywalker". Still can't live that one down.

11. TheCloud

TheCloud Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2001
    I opened a retail store and devoted it to SW does that count???

OhOhOh...I read posts while surrounded by this gross shade of pink...

12. DonnovanSunrider

DonnovanSunrider Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    I spent $200 on a six-inch lightsabre tattoo, registered my web domain as light-sabre.com, and my license plate says LITSABR on it. Plus there's the little things like camping out for over 200 hours, paying full price to see the Ep1 trailers, seeing TPM 9 times, framing the tickets on my wall, carrying around a countdown timer on my belt counting to the first show of TPM, and working for free at the theatre showing the New Hope Special Edition (NorthPark 1-2) on opening night so I could get in and see it 3 times that night.

Then there's also my legion of R2 items and the fleet of Falcons.

Does any of that count? ;-)

13. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I haven't done it yet..but I am planning on getting a tattoo of a certain sith lord(think red and black)...Still trying to figure out where to put it ..hmmmmmmmmmmm ;-)

14. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Something tells me that I need to leave that comment WELL alone. ;-)>

Hey, are you two crazy chicas coming out for the show next month? It's going to be a Buck Rogers fest: Gil Gerard, Erin Gray, and even the guy that was in the Twiki suit! Kickass.

15. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Jedilona, cool on the Maulie tat ;) You know if I could I'd be right there w/ ya gettin' one o' him, too... LOL!! ;)

16. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Come back out?..Next month a possibility if I can juggle a few things...No promises can I make yet unfortunately :-(
    I miss you guys BIG TIME...

Nope, still no idea where to place the tattoo..;-)

Later

17. Queen_Tofuti

Queen_Tofuti Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey Karoake, whas up?
    I was ga-ga over Buck Rogers in my younger days. I will sure try to go to the Plano con. Cannot wait actually. Hey Jedilona and I are not crazy. We are just, uhhh, so much fun to be with so there. LOL
    Hey Cynthia, I will try to start a Maulie tattoo fund for you. Save the Maulie!

Oh yeah and what was one of the craziest things I have ever done for SW. Try flying halfway across the country several times to meet star wars actors. =)

okay I sincerely miss the smileys....

18. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Well besides saving lives and conquering the world. Oh ya and getting the newest lego sets before they were released that was cool. Having a religious battle with a couple of Jimmy Stewarts.. What else... Who could forget my Dragon shirt... Brandon remember the one I wore the day the tickets went on sale... The Gold One... Gotta love that.. Havent worn it since...!!

19. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    The craziest thing?

I bought both the pan&scan AND widescreen versions of TPM.

Whoa, look out Primetime, you're gettin pretty radical there.

Oh, also, I put my job in jeopardy by coming to theforce.net each day. :)

20. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Greetings to you as well, Queenie. :)> (I heard that in a Porky Pig cartoon once, and I knew I could use it one day. HA!)

The convention is the weekend of March 24th, so you all had better be there, or you don't wanna know what will happen. Heh heh heh...

21. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Hung out with Kurgan and Genetic over at Genetic's apt. I'll never sleep right again ;)

22. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    OOOHHH MMMYYY!!!! You survived a visit to James' place?

Did you get the "Death-By-Aliens 3" treatment? He didn't show you the holding pit in his basement, and his dog Precious did he? What was really creepy was that he kept repeating the phrase "it puts the lotion in the basket". Karin and I thought we'd never get outta there.

23. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Is it safe?

24. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    **THX_Jedi uses a baseball bat to knock a lighted roman candle in Kurgan's direction**

:cool:

25. Genetic_Misfire

Genetic_Misfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    No, THX didn't get subjected to the Alien3 treatment. We just marveled at the lack of furniture in my place (hopefully, I get to move my stuff in this weekend). Alien3 watching party will be coming soon (and I really don't care if I'm the only one there). ALIEN3 ROCKS!!! WOOOHOOOO!!

James

PS
    The dog Precious has been substituted for two cats, Norman (named after the great Norman Bates) and Sara (already named when I got her). If ANYBODY is unfortunate enough to end up in my basement pit and they happen to pull on of my beloved cats in with them, I won't throw a fit, I'd simply pull out that huge hand cannon and pop 'em in the head with it. Then I would dance naked with my genetalia stuck between my legs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.