What's the deal?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IamtheMaster111, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamtheMaster111 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, I'm going kinda crazy here. I have always been into comics a little, I have always waited for TPBs, but now... I seriously can't. It's like an addiction. I have to read the next one as soon as it comes out. I Have to.That's ok right? Wrong! There are no comic shops around me. the closest one is over a half hour away and doesn't stock Star Wars comics for the most part. None of the stores in the area really care about comics, Kriffing Borders is about 2 issues behind on everything and other stores are worse. I think I'm going to start ordering them online but I don't know where to go. Does anyone share my pain or know where I should order my latest addiction from.
  2. Robal_Krahl Force Ghost

star 5
    I definitely feel your pain. There are no comic shops in my city, so I tend to wait for TPBs to hit the shelves (or at least Amazon). I don't know if Dark Horse does this anymore, but there used to be a type of subscription service, which would send you the next issue as soon as they had it stocked. Check the back of a few of your Star Wars comic issues and it might offer that. My only other suggestion is to use the Dark Horse website and pre-order issues.
  3. Plaristes Force Ghost

star 3
  4. Manisphere Force Ghost

star 5
    I hate to say it but have you thought of trying TFAW? Or even Midtown comics? I can't say I feel your pain exactly because I have a choice of 4 comic shops to chose from but I'll say this, when you gotta read the next issue of Legacy, ya gotta.

There are a couple of LCSs around me that don't carry Star Wars but I've gone to them and ordered whatever I wanted through the previews that come out 2 months or so before the issues are shipped. So they just get in the copies I ordered. Cause honestly, if they won't even order the issues special for you two or three months early, (Sometimes prepaid), they aren't worth going to. Good luck and remember there are many online sites to order from.
  5. RebelGrrl Force Ghost

star 4
    I willingly drive 25 miles to my LCS. Of course, I combine it with other errands and such. My parents live in that city, so I usually get a free meal. Gas taxes are lower in that city than the one I live in, so I fill my tank. No local entertainment tax in that city, so some things are cheaper. It tends to come out pretty close to even between ordering the issues online and going and getting them myself with the other savings I can incorporate. I am also factoring in the joy of having the issue in my hands as soon as possible. I don't know how many days after release it takes online places to deliver.
  6. Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.