main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX What's the deal?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jfatts, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfatts

jfatts Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Does anyone mind telling why so many Star Wars junkies were so upset with Episode I, (The Phantom Menace)? I mean what did they expect, it was the start of everything, now I'm hearing from early critics of Episode II, (Attack of the Clones) that George Lucas is doing everything right again. For everyone out there who critized George Lucas for Episode I why not rule out going to see Episode II.

2. darthsavior

darthsavior Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I think that some people were upset with the storyline. I heard many people saying that it was too childish in comparison with the other SW movies made. In addition, too many computer generated graphics was another complaint I heard. I enjoyed the movie and saw it twice, but haven't seen it on any other format than movie theater. However I agree with the last one. I think that in comparison with the previous movies that were so cutting edge with the revolutionary special effects at that time, Episode 1 was short of that. It looked just like any other newly produced film.

3. ShaftWindu

ShaftWindu Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Jango, you always talking noise! That's why you are going to get your head sliced off with my electrum lightsaber! *hehehehe*

wassup, man? good point make you about ep. 1 (in Yoda-speak)

This party's over!

4. AggieJedi

AggieJedi Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I think I am one of the few hardcore Star Wars fan that doesn't refer to TPM as "poor" or "a disappointment".

As for there being too much cg, some non-star wars fans I talked to who saw the movie didn't even realize that Jar Jar, Sebulba, and Boss Nass among others were completely computer generated characters.

The way I see it is TPM's storyline was required to set everything in motion, and it SHOULDN'T be anything like the original Star Wars movies because it has to tell a different story. Yes, the movie was definintely geared more toward kids, but so what? I still enjoyed it.

I guess the main reason I liked TPM so much is that we finally got to see REAL Jedi in action. (In ANH, Obi-Wan says "I WAS ONCE a Jedi Knight . . ." so I don't consider Ben to be a real Jedi ). I also liked the opening scene when the Trade Federation guys are about to crap their pants because the Jedi are knocking on the door. It was nice to see the bad guys afraid of the good guys for a change.

5. jfatts

jfatts Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    I agree with your view on TPM I just wish a few others shared your theory, I feel that with the anticipation of TPm came high expectations....maybe too high

6. jfatts

jfatts Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    ShaftWindu I just have three words for you "seek medical help"

"hehehe"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.