main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the defining image of each character to you?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by NorCalBirdz, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    What is the defining image of each character to you? That is, what is the first image you get of each character when you first hear their name.

2. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Darth Vader - Dark Lord.

Han Solo - Loner.

3. renegadesith

renegadesith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    3PO----Overtalkative

4. Genrader

Genrader Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2003
    When I think of Han I think of him shooting his DL-44 in ANH before they get on the Falcon in Tatooine.

Vader? I liek to think of him looking out the Executor's window at the end of ESB.

Luke? When he force pulls his saber and ignites it, about to strike at the Emperor.

Leia? BIKINI

5. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Luke= Twin Suns
    OB1= Standing Back Raising Saber so Vader can strike him down
    Han= Unholstering Gun, firing in classic pose
    Leia= Slave Girl, duh.
    Vader= Join Me, it is the only way.
    Tarkin= Are you sure this plan will work?
    Sidious= Your faith in your friends is yours
    Jabba= Laughing
    Jawa= Bob-lo!
    Lando= Having problems with your droid?
    Chewie= Howling
    C3P0= How Typical
    R2D2= I never doubted him for a moment-- wonderful! (when R2 opens the doors on Bespin)

CLone

6. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Luke: I think He-man because that's the pose he has on the cover for my SE set, anb because he becomes a master of the universe.

7. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Nice idea for a thread.

This is a little weird but whenever someone mentions Chewbacca or I think of him, the first thing that pops into my head is Jabba saying his 'and now we have the mighty chewbacca' (followed by the obligatory laugh).

Though unfortunately this has now been replaced with Peter Mayhew's "That old man's mad". (Thanks Peter)

Anyway.

Han Solo - "Stop that ship, blast them!" Han Solo under the Falcon doing a bit of polishing and his instant grab for his holster.

Luke Skywalker - "I'm Luke Skywalker and I'm here to rescue you" The defining moment in the young hero's life. Plus you've the character being revealed by dramatically taking off his helmet.

Darth Vader - Standing on the bridge of the Executor in ESB looking out into space. Specifically the introducing two shot of his helmet and then his lone figure. He's lonely, and no-one ever remembers his birthday. Seriously though, his helmet, his person is as black and as cold as space. But there's a fundamental loneliness to his power.

Princess Leia - "I'm surprised you had the courage to take the responsibility yourself" She's headstrong and brave even whilst in the clutches of Darth Vader and facing her executioner the formidable Tarkin. The scene also shows her idealism, naivety and her vulnerability once she loses her home.

ObiWan Kenobi - "I felt a great disturbance in the force" That image of him stopping to take a breath, his leaning against the falcon instruments, and that superb moment of acting where you can almost see the tragedy in his eyes.

C3P0 - "He has been known to make mistakes... from time to time" This is the one moment when this droid's protocol programming is almost overridden by a deep concern for his friends. Although not a defining moment, I like it.

Wedge Antilles (because he doesn't get nearly as much love as he deserves) - "copy Gold Leader... I'm already on my way out" This pilot is so good, he doesn't need pointers from Lando, he gets the job done (ok, so he messed up at Yavin but still survived Vader). He's so confident in this scene too. So sure of his skills. Oddly enough, he's the only character in Star Wars I'd actually describe as a badass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.