main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what's the difference between the living force and the unifiying force?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by dee34, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dee34

dee34 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
  2. Darth_Roadkill

Darth_Roadkill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    "Almost everyone who has heard of the Jedi has heard about the Light and Dark sides of the Force. These are centered around compassion and greed respectively, and balance each other in an eternal dance of good and evil. But many layfolk are unfamiliar with the other great division. The Force is divided into two complementary aspects. The cosmic Force is impersonal in a sense, it encompasses destiny and foreknowledge, and binds and unifies the universe. This is the aspect of the Force which most people think of first. The Jedi powers of telekinesis and remote viewing are of the cosmic Force. The living Force, on the other hand, is our connection to other beings and to the universe on a more personal and intuitive level. It is through the living Force that we feel compassion, that we receive intuition, that we have a personal connection to others. It is with the living Force that the so-called Jedi "mind trick" is accomplished, as well as the various healing techniques." http://www.qui-gonline.org/features/livingforce.htm

Although the above is not Canon it is a very good view.
    The Unifying Force is a book, It may also be the same as the Cosmic Force mentioned above.

DRK

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    As far as I know, the unifying force is the part that allows the Jedi and Sith to be prescient.
    Living Force is manipulating your body for super speed jumping, becoming immortal.

I don't know the true definitions for them, i'm just guessing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.