main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the logo?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Psilaef_Zeias, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psilaef_Zeias

Psilaef_Zeias Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    What exactly is the circular SCI-FI 3D logo? Is it just a graphic emblem or does it represent something mechanical?

2. DarthRicmu

DarthRicmu Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    why'd you wanna know??? :p

I don;t know... it's just a logo... I you want you can download it and look better :)

3. Psilaef_Zeias

Dec 17, 2006
    Is it something specific I just don't recognize? If so, it has a definite purpose and construction. If not, then it's open to interpretation and I may consider using it as a show open or bumper motion graphics piece for my portfolio/demo reel.

4. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Depends on what you mean? I mean, you don't want anything in your portfolio that you didn't make right.

Originally the logo was supposed to be a navigational tool for the site. It had different layers that spun in different directions and navigated you to areas of the site.

5. Psilaef_Zeias

Dec 17, 2006
    A site navigator, very appropriate. I envisioned things like a laser lens, ship portal or transporter platform. And, yes, you're right. It's not an obviously recognizable ID and if used, the designer/website would have to be credited. I'm looking to animate something for an existing ID with a given design, a real world, "flying logo" assignment. Thanks for the info.

6. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    The idea I had sorta came from EP 4 when R2 was interfacing with the computer about Leia being in the detention center. He hooked up to a port and there were different dials spinning in different directions. They had close-up shots of this in the movie.

7. DarthRicmu

DarthRicmu Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    I kinda thought of that while you said it :)

8. Psilaef_Zeias

Dec 17, 2006
    Zoo,
    So it's your design, good to know. Would you have any objections to me possibly using it in such a manner? Any animation would finish with the logo and text in their original form. It's too bad this site is so quiet, I think this exercise would make for a nice challenge.

9. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
  10. MasterSaejis

MasterSaejis Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2007
    putting my 2 cents i as i sometimes do

it looks kind of like an over view of the imperial computer terminals in star wars films and games

just a thought.

saejis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.