main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whats the most creditable thing in EU, Approved by Lucas Himself?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by DarthSithLord, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Title says it all?

I heard, SOTE a.k.a Shadows of the Empire is the most cannon of all the stories of the SWEU.

How many of EU/non fans say this is true?

2. Sock_Of_Swan

Sock_Of_Swan Jedi Master star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    I've heard that too. As to whether or not it's true you're guess is as good as mine.

HOWEVER!
    The only thing about Lucas and the EU I support is that Lucas has gone crazy.
    lol

~Rogue~

3. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    well, Alaya Secura i guess cause she was in episode II

4. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    I would say Coruscant. It's really the only thing he fully embraced, considering that Secura was nothing more than a background character.

5. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    Everything in the EU is aproved by Lucas....and the dumb ass contradicts himself every time, I like how the NJO books put it on the first page....
    Based on a story line approved by Lucas

They had A story line aproved, and BASED the books on it.

6. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    cousin, for sayin that, you are now my friend

7. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Proably the lead in book to ROTS, Labyrinth of Evil.
    Havnt read it yet, but Iam told its proably the best EU book for capturing the Star Wars feeling in the movies. Sounds promising for someone who has read little EU.

8. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    Awww...thanks Krahl....

9. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    It's very clear that the "most credible thing in the EU, approved by Lucas himself" is the Star Wars ongoing comic series published by Marvel Comics from 1977 through 1986, specifically the years covering the OT from 1977 through 1983.

His involvement with the EU aspects (not just the movie adaptations) is well-known and long-established:
      Lucas and the Giant Green Bunny
      Star Wars #1, July 1977, Marvel Comics
      "The Story Behind Star Wars - The Movie and the Comic Mag
      by Roy Thomas
      It started slowly, this Star Wars project. Both for George Lucas and even for Marvel Comics.
      It's a couple of years now since I met George Lucas... We met, shared a dinner and a few anecdotes and that was it.
      Or so it seemed.
      For, a few months later, a friend of George Lucas' looked me up. His name was Charlie Lippencott, and he was (for lack of a better term, he said) media director of George Lucas' new film, Star Wars, about which I knew nothing but the name.
      Fairly understandable, since at that statge filming ahdn't even been started.
      Charlie informed me, after a spaghetti dinner and some more swapped anecdotes, that he and George would like Marvel Comics in general and me in particular to handle the comic book adaptation of Star Wars..."

Star Wars #1, July 1977, Marvel Comics
      Marvel Bullpen Bulletins (Archie Goodwin, Ed.)
      "ITEM! To emphasize what Stan was saying in the Soapbox about the House of Ideas zooming along, let's kick off this column with a few words about another new title we're springing on you this month... STAR WARS!
      If that sounds familiar, it might be because we've plugged it a bit in the past, but a much better bet is that you've been hearing about the multi-million dollar, super science-fiction film from Twentieth Century Fox upon which our comic is based. STAR WARS is an epic of the far-flung future where intergalactic war and intrigue ruin rampant... To do it justice in graphic story format, Mr. Lucas and company handpicked Marvel for the awesome adaptation task, singling out Rascally Roy Thomas as writer/editor and Wholesome Howard Chaykin as artist..."

Birth of Non-Movie Canon (OR Dispelling the Big Green Bunny Hatred Myth)
      Star Wars #6, Dec. 1977 Marvel Comics
      "...And yes, as heralded at the end of this issue's wind-up of the film story, just 30 days from now Thomas and Chaykin will be carrying on the story of our Star Warriors, into new areas not covered by the movie itself. It came about this way:
      George Lucas himself, of course, had had plans for more than one 'Star Wars' film ever since its inception several years ago. In fact, there exist several earlier screenplays under the name 'Star Wars' which bear almost no resemblence whatever to the film as it eventually emerged, and Roy was given these to scan to see if there was anything that could be turned into a comic-book Star Wars #7 and beyond. While the screenplays are fascinating, they seem if anything to occur in the months and years before the movie itself, and we're pretty certain that it's really the likes of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo and Chewbaaca, the droids Artoo and Threepio, that everyone wants to see more of.
      Accordingly, Roy got together for lunch in Hollywood the other day with George Lucas (as well as amiable Mark Hamill, who plays Luke in the movie) to discuss the direction he and Howie would take the trip. Messrs. Thomas and Chaykin had already plotted #7 and set the direction for an issue or two beyond, but they wanted to be sure that their own scheme of things did not conflict with future plans of George himself, who oversees the movies, books, and other priceless items which'll be emanating from the Star Wars Corporation in the months to come.
      Fortunately for all (since we labor always in the shadow of the Dreaded Deadline Doom), George was enthusiastic about what Roy and Howie had done, and the other directions he suggested for the tr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.