main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the most interesting thing that happened in the theater while you watched AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Azeria_Jade, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    I'm very curious to hear about the reactions. I guess the most interesting thing happened the second time I saw the film. When Yoda waddled into the room with his gimer stick, a large portion of the audience began to cheer and clap madly (myself included).

Did anyone else experience anything similar?

~ Jay

2. EviL_DukKY

EviL_DukKY Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Some 43 year old tried to fight me during the end credits because I "ruined" his experience by whispering and putting my feet on the seat next to him. I told him I'd have him arrested after I beat his ass, I'm 16, you don't mess with a 16 year old Star Wars fanboy with an empty seat in front of him when he's sitting in the back row.

3. OB3

OB3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2002
    You can be sure that
    that scenario took
    place loads of
    times all over
    this planet!
    (Not Evil Dukkys experience mind you)
    Yoda is the master!

4. Darth Mace

Darth Mace Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    ?Some 43 year old tried to fight me during the end credits because I "ruined" his experience by whispering and putting my feet on the seat next to him. I told him I'd have him arrested after I beat his ass, I'm 16, you don't mess with a 16 year old Star Wars fanboy with an empty seat in front of him when he's sitting in the back row.?

Please take this lightly, but that is really spoken like a true 16 year old who thinks they know everything. I don?t know the full scope of what went on, and I?m not condoning the 43 year old trying to fight you, but I wouldn?t have been exactly happy myself to have had to sit next to some kid?s feet and hear him whisper throughout the film. But maybe that?s just me?

5. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    Before the movie started some woman got all upset that this guy was reserving some seats for people that were getting snacks. She was being real mean so this like 13-year old kid leaned over to the guy and told him not to give up the seats. Then the lady flipped off the kid, and he acted like he was gonna fight her. They were all being really stupid.

Also after the Yoda vs. Dooku scene when Yoda picks up his cain, my friend I was with yelled out, "He don't need no ****ing cain" and everybody laughed. It was really funny.

6. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

There were people who actually liked to flick.

:p

7. Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi

Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 1999
    ?Some 43 year old tried to fight me during the end credits because I "ruined" his experience by whispering and putting my feet on the seat next to him. I told him I'd have him arrested after I beat his ass, I'm 16, you don't mess with a 16 year old Star Wars fanboy with an empty seat in front of him when he's sitting in the back row.?

2nd dumbest post i saw here right after :
    Palpy is Sidious clone

8. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    One of my favorites happened during my second viewing. When Palpy is giving his "I love democracy. I love the Republic...", someone yelled out "YEAH RIGHT!!"
    Everyone cracked up big time. :)

9. JediMasterKettch

JediMasterKettch Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2002
    Let's see...So hard to choose one...Best stuff was the first time I saw it...It was a midnight opening night showing...We (the entire audience) hit around a beach ball before it started... People yelled "Bring on the Jedi" during the previews...Everybody cheered when the 20th Century Fox Theme started....then it got dead silent when Lucasfilm appeared...When STAR WARS came up, the cheering and clapping was so loud that you couldn't hear the music...Somebody laughed and said "YEAH OKAY" really loudly when Padme told Anakin he'd always be that little boy she knew on Tatooine...When Obi-Wan said "Why do I think you're going to be the death of me?" somebody yelled, "Just wait and see!", which got a bit of a reaction... All in all, the best way to see a STAR WARS movie...With people who feel the same way about it as you do

10. AttackoftheCorn

AttackoftheCorn Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    When I saw it for the first time...

When Padme says "You'll always be that little boy..." The crowd laughed at how Anakin was dissed.

Everyone hissed when Jar Jar appeared.

People were cheering so loud before Dooku gave his 'skills with a lightsaber' speech I couldn't hear what he was saying.

People went nuts over the whole Yoda v. Dooku saber fight I couldn't hear anything.

When I saw it with my folks...

When Palpatine says "I love democracy...", the theatre was quiet, but they laughed really loud. It was cool that they understood it.

11. Imperial-Demon

Imperial-Demon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    When I went to see it (the first time) there was a little kid that asked loud questions to his dad throughout the entire movie. This kid was only like 6 or 7 but he was annoying... he's lucky I didn't bring a gag of some sort. :)

12. Doctor_Doom

Doctor_Doom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    At the midnight showing in Leicester Sq, London, Anthony Daniels came on stage before the film with stormtroopers all lined up behind him.

He talked about SW for a bit, and asked the crowd if they had seen the films, each film in turn. When he got to TPM, loads of people booed :)

Also Rick McCallum came on stage too, and told us that AOTC "******* ruled", which was a nice surprise i'm sure to the all the kids in the audience.

13. EviL_DukKY

May 15, 2002
    If only you were there you'd agree that that wasn't necessary...

First off, this was like 2 1/2 weeks after the movie was released

Secondly, I was one of the first 20 or so people to get there, so I had the back row with my friends and the 5-8 rows ahead of me were empty...

I had my feet up there on the seat since BEFORE the guy even got there, he just HAD to sit right next to my feet when there were TONS of extra open seats...

And I was whispering to my friend Spooky who didn't understand certain points of the movie.

The guy had no right to get uppity with me when HE chose to get next to my feet.

14. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    Doctor Doom:

You might want to edit that to "****ing ruled" or something similar.

The dark side may cloud Yoda's visions, but the moderators are always watching!

15. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Some drunk guy in the audience kept referring to Anakin as "petulant Jedi -- heh!"

Rick McCallum loves you!

16. EviL_DukKY

May 15, 2002
    LoL, I wish us in New Jersey could watch Star Wars with the McCallum treatment...

And thus the Mother War begins...

17. Doctor_Doom

Doctor_Doom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    Cheers rsterling, edited now. New on here so didn't know.

Thanks for telling me :)

Oh, + u gotta love that chopped-off-hands site, the link in the post above; it rules!

18. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I think I need to type up my movie going experience on for the 12:01 a.m. show so I can have it handy for threads like these. ;)

The most interesting thing, by far, was the reaction to Yoda. (this being the Midnight show) The crowd was really into it and there was cheering when the shadow was first seen, no wait! Before that when Yoda was "grunting" or whatever right before his shadow came on screen.

I personally yelled out loud, "Yoda!" It was great and everyone cheered and laughed and clapped during the entire fight.

19. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    EviL_DukKY, Darth Mace and anyone else with a brain makes a good point. No, I wasn't there, but if you were whispering during my movie I'd have killed you... maybe. But actually I'm suprised with all the ignorants in this world (possibly referring to you, but I can't say) that there are very few sprees in movie theatres.

Star Wars is not just a movie.

20. rsterling78

May 26, 2002
    Maybe everybody I saw AOTC with was on Haldol or something. No one cheered, no one booed, no one applauded, no one laughed.

I wanted to stand up, hurl my popcorn at the audience, and say, "Look alive, you poor, pathetic shells! If this were Scooby Doo you'd be in hysterics over 'bathroom humor' that would insult the intelligence of a six year old!"

21. EviL_DukKY

May 15, 2002
    Why do I always end up the bad guy? Huh?

What was I supposed to do about my poor confused friend who didn't understand the movie? Ignore him to make the other guy happy (who could have just as easily ignored me, moved, chose to sit somewhere else to begin with, told me to be quiet...etc, etc...)

22. JAMMINITUP

JAMMINITUP Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    I had some obnoxious brat ****head mutter the following to his "mate"

-"legislative youth council(groan)"
    -when Padme runs on the hill "Its the sound of music"
    -groans thru the fireplace scene

-then he got all into the last hour of the film and was impressed, I felt like saying to him "those other bits were the quite stuff, stupid!"

23. JBRO_13

JBRO_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    When Anakin and Padme` go to kiss after they're wed, someone yelled "Don't do it! HE'S EVIL!".

And these people all around me wondered aloud who Dooku was, who Qui-Gon was, etc. And everytime I had to turn and explain.

Oh and when they showed the trailer for Like Mike, I yelled "must miss!". Got a good laugh.

24. rsterling78

May 26, 2002
    "I had some obnoxious brat ******** mutter the following..."

A forum member shall not know profanity. Nor obscenity. Nor hatred.

ATTACK OF THE MODS

25. JohnRavenwood

JohnRavenwood Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I went the first day and the theater was packed. Even though this was a first veiwing for most of the crowd, when Anakin told Padme that he couldn't breathe, it was like 60 percent of the audience instinctively started imitating the sound of Vader aka(Old iron lung )all at the same time. I know when veiwing the OT in a theater with a big crowd the audience participation can seem a little like a Rocky Horror crowd--but this was a first veiwing, it was almost like seeing the birth of a possible ritual. :) probably not, but at the time it felt like that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.