main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the most interesting thing that happened in the theater while you watched AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Azeria_Jade, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    A number of people have mentioned scenes where the audience laughed at inappropriate times. For example, several posts up, someone said that the scene with Anakin at his mother's grave provoked laughter in some folks.

I once saw Casablanca in a theater in Memphis, Tennessee, and I noted then that there were a couple of dramatic scenes which a few people found paradoxically funny.

What is it with these people? Obviously, they're mentally ill. Forgive my bluntness, but I really hope these folks don't breed. These poor saps must have been in hysterics when they saw the 1964 Cold War classic "Fail-Safe." After any showing of "Hamlet" they must have to be carried from the theater on stretchers.

2. JAMMINITUP

JAMMINITUP Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    How about all the people in the crowd who, after hearing Anakin being called Anakin 50 friggin times in the film still refer to him as "so that's Luke Skywalker, where's the kid who becomes Darth Vader?" urgghhhh

3. lordmack

lordmack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2002
    Yeah, some kid yelled luke skywalker when anakin showed up, man some kids just don't get it. :mad:

4. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    There are a few funny things that happened.

(1) During the scene where Obi-Wan meets with that alien in the cantina or whatever this guy a few rows down farted really really loud. People burst out laughing and my dad muttered to me and my sister "guy just couldn't wait 'til a loud scene"

(2) This kid (8 or 9) who was two chairs over made a barfing sound everytime a Padme/Anakin love scene would come on. He had me laughing throughout the whole movie (cuz personally they don't work as a couple). His dad finally got tired of it and hit the kid upside the head. That was funny too.

(3) while this didn't happen to me and I wasn't there this is funny all the same. My ex-boyfriend took his new girlfriend to see it the day it came out and she fell asleep! I burst out laughing when my friend told me and when I talked to my ex I told him I had heard and he looked embarssed. I laughed in his face and then told him, "see you were better off with me". It was the highlight my day.

~Crystal~

5. CabDriverOnCoruscant

CabDriverOnCoruscant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2000
    Guys and gals, i hate to tell you this, but it's the absolute truth. On opening night, first showing, during Anakin's love struck confession by the fireplace some person just pounded the loudest fart you ever heard against their seat and the whole theater starting laughing, completely ruining the scene. Even though it was ruined....I was laughing too. The timing and the nerve was unbelievable......

6. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    [face_laugh] @ rsterling.
    I agree with you though. How can someone laugh during Shmi's death scene? I don't get that one at all.
    Jamminitup, I also got the Luke thing. Come on, do we need to hit you over the head with a "He's Anakin Skywalker!" mallet? Geez.
    On my 3rd time (my first digital) I had these two kids behind me doing a play-by-play of the Yoda fight. They weren't loud or anything, but that got kinda annoying.

Edit: Lol, crystal and CabDriver. I've never had that happen to me yet. [face_laugh]

7. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    I almost feel sorry for the guy who "blew it".

8. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    For example, several posts up, someone said that the scene with Anakin at his mother's grave provoked laughter in some folks.

Talk about retards. This scene was magnificent, and I was nearly in tears. Some people... just idiots.

Anyway, when Yoda decends towards the camera in the Gunship after Padme delivers the "Look!" line, well, I sank in my seat, with tears of extreme happiness flowing down my cheek, and I managed to make a weird noise. My friend said it sounded like I was giving birth to a termite.

*shrugs*

9. Jedi_Knight1988

Jedi_Knight1988 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2002
    My friends were with me and when Mace put his saber up to Jango's throught one of them said "Woah! It's purple!" I proceeded to slap him upside the head.

10. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    The people in front of us jumped when the Queen's ship blew up. 8-}

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Gee everyone- I guess I should be pleased they stopped serving Taco Bell at my favorite theater.

I did find it amusing that a kid who obviously knew NOTHING about SW sitting behind me yelled out behind me as Obi-Wan threw himself out the window "Is he NUTS? Don't even tell me he's going to die!"

12. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Uhm,

*smack*

13. Apprentice_15

Apprentice_15 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    I watched the film twice in and I remember the first time I saw it a lot of people
    in the theater laughed at the way Natalie Portman reacted when Anakin confessed his Tusken Slaughter. I guess it was because of lack of emotion on
    Portman's part or something. I don't know I thought the way she reacted was
    pretty good.

Another thing that was odd was the fact that people laughed at C-3PO's stupid
    jokes!!!

I know some people laughed when Hayden Christensen delivered his little tantrum
    to Padme on Tattoine.

14. Rowland

Rowland Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    I will admit that I laughed alot during the scene with Padme prancing in the fields, and also during the fireplace scene. Of course after seeing the movie several times, I have come to accept these particular scenes and not laugh during them, but the first time through, they were so hilarious in their ineptitude I couldnt help but laugh out loud.

Also, I held in major groans for the Schmi death and the confession. Could her death be any cornier? "Ani? Ani? Ani? Ani?...you are so handsome, my son Ani...Ani?" And the terrible writing of the confession scene still gets me, I manage to hold in the groans however so as not to spoil it for people who are buying the scenes.

None of this severely dampers my opinion of the movie however, as I enjoy it very much.

15. SenorCrunchy

SenorCrunchy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2002
    The person sitting behind me was one of those annoying folks who read every bit of text out loud, and not even in a whisper. Twas quite bothersome. I, for one, amused myself by shouting "This party's over!" in unison with Mace. Good fun...

16. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    i couldnt yell out anything. my jaw was stuck to the floor. :)

17. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    I'm not sure what category this would fall into but on my **coughcough** mumble mumbleviewing there was a little boy about maybe 8 if that in the audience. After the movie he was running up and down the aisle and I heard him say rather loudly to his parents, "That was cool, but there was too much kissing. How come he was h always kissng her? Blech" I was laughing so hard, it was all I could do not to turn around and tell him that in a few years he might not mind so much. :D

The other moment was the couple behind me doing the play by play expalantion of each scene. "That's Jango, he is the one who gets cloned, there Zam .... this is where..." Shaddup already. Those who havent' seen it as many times as some of us can figure it out on their own. Some people.

18. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    well i would have to say on the midnight premire. Our theater was full and they let us in 2 hours before it started to sit in the theater. And there were 3 guys (highschool seniors) who showed up in jedi robes (only ones in costumes) and they sat behind us. one of the guys was definatly the funniest person that I know. Then he started asking people "is mel gibson in this movie" and for about 35 minutes he kept sayin that. Then i told him about the Matrix 2 commercial being on the film. So he stood up and got everyone chanting "MATRIX 2 MATRIX 2".

Then when "along time ago in a galaxy far far
    away" came across the screen someone in the back of the theater yells "hey ive already seen this one!"

on about my 3rd viewing some fat dude in the seat to my back and left. Kept saying stupid stuff through the entire movie. Like when the imperial march would come on he'd find it his job to hum that VERY VERY loud" and when jango fett came on hed yell very lound "BOBA FETT LOOK ITS BOBA FETT!" might i add this guy was in his upper 40s or 50's

i bet it was prob Griffz or Porkins in a speedo

19. Obi_Wan_Pedobi

Obi_Wan_Pedobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2002
    I felt the same way Azeria_Jade

20. Jedi_Knight1988

Jedi_Knight1988 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2002
    The first time I was there the audiance laughed at things like it was a comidy..but I laughed with thim thinking "What the hell"

Laughed at the part where Yoda did that pose
    My friend (the one who i punched) laughed when Yoda was fighting (and that got me to laughing) and he laughed when Anakin was "surfing" that animal. The audiance laughed when Obi-wan said "Good Job" and several others.

21. Ulaleros

Ulaleros Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    "EviL_DukKY, Darth Mace and anyone else with a brain makes a good point. No, I wasn't there, but if you were whispering during my movie I'd have killed you... maybe. But actually I'm suprised with all the ignorants in this world (possibly referring to you, but I can't say) that there are very few sprees in movie theatres."

i would have to agree. whispering and feet on chairs is really annoying during movies.
    last night during road to perdition, i had to look at some guys gross bare feet that he had propped up on the seat in front of him during the whole movie.

anyway, the most interesting that that happened when i saw it is, lots of people kept laughing at the romance scenes. they were pretty bad, but it was still kind of annoying.

22. Master_Patton

Master_Patton Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2002
    During my most recent and 12th viewing, just before Anakin started his "sand line" a baby in the way back at the top started crying some, but then progressively into an absolute wail, basically crescendoing with the kiss. The mother took a few seconds before she started to exit the theater with the babe and so the crying was trailing off right at the end of the scene.

I leaned over to my brothers and said, "A foreshadowing?"

Lucas is a genius!!

23. Swedish_Jedi

Swedish_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    The movie started..:D

24. Master_Patton

Master_Patton Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2002
    OK feet are one thing, but a movie theater is a public place and if people want to whisper soome to each other during a movie, hey, it's not YOUR movie, it's not ****ing church for crying out loud, if you can't deal with being in public, maybe you should stay at home. We go to movies to have a good time. Also the last time I went, this little boy kept quietly asking his dad questions throughout the movie which is TOTALLY fine. Crap, loosen up a little.

The last couple times I've gone, women squeal, once rather loudly, in the theater when the killer bugs drop to the floor and crawl about.

25. _Padme_

_Padme_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    On the opening day at the night showing, the cinema was full of people. When the Lucasfilm logo appeared everyone started to applaud and cheer, even my eyes got wet. I didn't expect so much enthusiasm, I was really shocked. And when Yoda appeared and ignited his saber everyone started to cheer. My friend couldn't believe that Yoda could fight like that.
    And the third time I saw it, there was a kid asking his dad a lot of questions, but it didn't annoy me at all. When Anakin came back to the Lars moisture farm with Shmi's body, the kid asked his dad: "the guy (Anakin) is dieing, isn't he?" The kid was probably only 4, but he could sense Anakin's suffering. Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.