main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whats the most rare finds of the April 2nd Releases?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darth-Flan, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Flan

Darth-Flan Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    What figures or Items are the most sought after or rare? I just want to know what to look for.

Thanks
    Flan

2. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    The pregant Padme was the rare item last night where I was. I hit a another TRU after the one I was at and managed to snag one which was cool. The senate guards seemed to be a hot item last night as well.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Forbidden Planet (UK) had a ton of Pregnant Padmes. However the figure it didn't have was the Blue Royal Guard. They did have Red Guards though.

4. Xyber_Hex

Xyber_Hex Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2004
    Wave 4.
    None were anywhere to be found.

Everything else was pretty much even.
    At the first stop we thought the red guards were the big one, only one in the entire place (and a scalper got it and was gloating) , but on the next stop it was reversed and what was perhaps short at location one was plentiful at location two.
    Out of four stops this stayed true through all.

5. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    At midnight Darth Vader and the red royal guards.

Then today I found the Vaders..but still hard to find is the red royal guard.

All in all I am happy with the ammount of each figure available.

6. Darth_Hooty

Darth_Hooty Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Everywhere I went last night and this morning it seemed that the Red Royal Gguard was the most sought after and hardest to find. After about 20 cases had been opened there were only 3, one each for me and my two buddies. We also noticed that the Anakin with full cloak and dark eyes came up with only a 3 count as well. The Grievous 12" and Unleashed seemed to fly off the shelf, as well as the pricy ultimate villain Anakin/Vader.

7. CoolBreeze2544

CoolBreeze2544 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    My wife and I along with a good friend of ours went to Midnight Madness at 2 locations. It seemed that anything numbered #29 and above were hard, as well as the Red Guard. This morning I was able to get to Target, pick up the exclusive, #29 - #32, as well as several Red Royal Guards. The question is which one if any are rare ? Red or Blue?

8. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Any of the clones were hard to find except clone trooper #6, but even then #6 just flew off the shelf.

9. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Clonetroopers were bought fast at my Wal-Mart, so I went to the tent and bought 3 Clones. They were all gone in 2 minutes.

10. GrandWarlord

GrandWarlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2003
    The Blue guard is the variant. But the Red ones are hard to find as well. I was able to get a Red one. But I think the Blue Guards are harder to find.

I noticed the Deluxe Emperor Palpatine was rare last night too. I was able to get the only one I think. But that is one awesome figure!

11. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Depending on area, there seems to be a lot of differences with the availability of the Senate Guard. For me, the blue ones were easy to find but I found only one red one.

12. Darth-Flan

Darth-Flan Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    I noticed that the RED Royal Guard is not even featured on the card backs....only the Blue one is (#23).

Which one is more rare if any?

Also I only saw 1 type of Clone Trooper (#6) are there more?

13. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Yes there are more different styles of clone troopers, there is basic clone trooper #6 and basis clone trooper #41 along with clone commanders and pilots.

ps there is also commander bacara and an AT-TE gunner to name them all.

14. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I could not find the blue royal guard either but it is not a problem as I will get him eventually

15. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Over here, the darth vader figures were pretty rare, I was able to get a hold of one after trading a hologram yoda to some guy... Dont worry, it was bent! ;)

16. Gungan_Sith_Lord

Gungan_Sith_Lord Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    Hi.

Padme, Royal Guard (both), Vader, and Dooku were all hard to get.

17. xdarnokx

xdarnokx Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    I went to TRU first when they opened (no midnight maddness at this TRU) and they had 20+ blue guards and not one red guard. Then I went to K-B toys and they had 5-6 red guards but no blue .

both stores didn't have any over #30

but i got vader, padme, Mon mothma, and a red guard (and others)

18. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I just got home, spent $20 bucks...Walmart has the best price for the figures 5.27, thats where I got them, except the Lava Vader from Target.

The ones that are rare around here are:

Royal Guard Blue and Red
    Clone Pilot
    Vader?s Medical Droid
    AT-TE Tank Gunner
    Palpatine (blue saber)
    Polis Massan
    Mas Amedda

I have all the other figures but them. Im leaving again to go to other stores to search.

One thing that SUCKS is that no one has had any of the books, posters, etc for some reason. Pissed me off.

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Forbidden Planet had a lot of Mon Mothma, Vader's Medical Droid, Polis Massan, and Mas Amedda. Didn't see a Clone Pilot. Bought the AT-TE Tank Gunner. Not sure on the Palpatine. Plenty of Red guards, no Blue.
    Did anyone find Commander Bacara or is he a future release?

20. chaingunsofdoom

chaingunsofdoom Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    Up here in Calgary, #1-#32 are all over the place today (Walmart, Zellers, TRU)

There have been zero Blue Royal Guards spotted up here to my knowledge. Reds are pretty easy to find.

TRU was the only store that had anything over #32 (I snagged #37 up to #40).

Best surprise deal was finding a Boga/Obi at Sears for $9.99 Cdn. :)

21. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I`ll say Vader,but everyone was grabbing for him,I was lucky to come out victorius :D

22. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I'm not sure what would considered rare here. Like I've said elsewhere, I didn't see anything past #32 this morning. That could be because people already bought them, or because we didn't get them yet. It's hard to say.

According to the checklist rebelscum posted less than a week ago, some of the items were not specifically available for midnight madness, but were expected to be available in April.

23. WedgeAntilles1

WedgeAntilles1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    Although I'm happy with what I got (Tri-fighter, Magna Gaurd, and Clone trooper #6) All I could find in the tents were wave 1 and 2. I did see the blue guards pregnant padmes, and vaders, but I did wnt the ARC Fighter, AT-TE Tank Gunner, and Clone Commander.

24. Obi-Jay_Kenobi

Obi-Jay_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    Up here in Montreal, I couldn't find any Blue Royal Guards...and I went EVERYWHERE...is it possible that it wasn't included in the Canadian wave?

25. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    Here in Stockton, CA, the rarest had to be the red Royal Guards. There also did not seem to be any figures around that were above Mon Mothma's 24. I was able to get Padme just fine. It just depends on where you went. I just wish there could have been more beyond 24 though. Kinda blew but hey, there's plenty of time to get what everyone wants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.