main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the most "ripped off" B movie theme?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by sith_rising, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    If you're like me, you love nothing more than an awful Cinemax movie on a Sunday afternoon. So, what do you think is the most "ripped off" theme? Here's a couple of options:

1. In the future, a small group of soldiers are trapped aboard a ship with an alien, intent on killing them one-by-one.

2. Undersea explorers find an alien or mutant fish which infiltrates the vessel, and is intent on killing them one-by-one.

3. A martial artist is captured by an evil millionaire, who makes him fight to the death in underground arena battles with freaky, videogamish baddies.

4. An ex-Special Forces soldier, now retired and living the simple life, has to avenge the death of his brother/father/sister/friend/wife/child.

5. A woman is murdered. The male suspect is given a hot young female attorney. He flirts with her, she becomes attracted to him. Is he innocent or guilty?

6. An ex-cop/soldier/ninja is captured by an evil millionaire, and must run for his life as a group of psychos hunt him in the wilderness for sport.

I love them all, and the worse the special effects and dialog, the better.

2. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    #6 is actually a great short story (I think) called "The Most Dangerous Game." Was made into a movie, too, in 1932. Only it wasn't an ex-cop; it was a group of people on a boat.

All these things are great... I loved "Deep Blue Sea" which was sort of like #2...

3. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Deep Rising is closer to #2 - and it's actually an extremely watchable movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.