main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whats the price we're willing to pay?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Falcon_Wraith, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon_Wraith

Falcon_Wraith Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    So yea, i wrote this, tell me *please* what your option is.

What is the price? When I stand out and look over the land that surrounds the Bair Ranch I can't help but hold my breath. Its all perfect. Nothing ever seems out of place, well maybe one thing. That would be us. The state of Colorado and some other companies want to buy Bair ranch. The Conservation easement. I bet you've all heard of it. They are asking 5.5 million dollars, tax payers money. So what do we do. The State of Colorado gets the money together, the Bairs keep their land, and if they ever want to leave then the land falls open. That's right, the public gets to use it. But can you really see the state of Colorado Tax payers, depending on your age, that would be your parents or yourself, wanting to pay 5.5 million? Na, my own parents say that they shouldn't. Then what happens? If the Bair's don't get their money then a nice developer gets the land. And the Bair's? They get rich. Now not only is the land again inaccessible by the people of Colorado, it is now developed past recognition.

Some of you may have never seen the beauty of the Rockies in full sunset. Let me tell you this, close your eyes. Imagine an Ocean of grass, dandelions are all spread out, some in full bloom some in other various stages. Trees and shrubs, sage juniper, aspen, evergreen trees, thousands of different kinds. Its paradise. Cliffs lead to shear drops leading down to the Colorado river. Its kind of low but still it rushes strong. Sheep and horses are grazing in large enclosed fields. Wildflowers boom in odd places, in between the trees, shrubs anywhere they can gain a foot hold. Every once in a while you'll see a mountain lion, big horn sheep roam freely throughout the mountains. Its the garden of Eden all over again. Its paradise.

But that is about to be destroyed. Colorado is not in a good situation. This conservation easement is in trouble. Its not working. So here is my question. What is the price we are willing to pay? Our lands are slowly going down. Gypsum, Eagle, Dotsero are all small towns, but i remember when they were tiny. I remember going and playing with the cattle and sheep. Now all our ranchers are gone. All our farmers are gone. The mountains are filling up. Gated communities, Cotton Ranch, Beaver Creek and other places are popping up. We are slowly losing the land.

I'm not saying that we should kill all humans but I think we need to stop for a second and look at what we are destroying. I think its time for humans to look at the hidden price we will pay. Our children at this rate, will have nothing to enjoy. they'll have technologies comforts but will they ever be able to take a three mile hike and see nothing man made? I want my children to be able to go into the mountains and enjoy the fresh air. I want them to learn that life is sacred. That nothing comes without a price. We will cut down our forests and then we will have no where else to go. We will pollute our waters till they are no longer safe. Fish, animals, do you want to see your children have to go to a museum to see big horn sheep? The animals you now see roaming along the sides of I-70?

Here's the question-
    What is the price we are willing to pay? How much bigger can we get without destroying utterly everything around us? Just think on it.

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I will have to think long & hard on this one. I do not want to see more buildings instead of trees.

p.s. you can have them send you your password in like 5 seconds, just check the forgot your password thing.

3. Falcon_Wraith

Jan 3, 2003
    *I don't have that email anymore...*

4. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Under "options" you can change your e-mail too :D

5. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    The problem, unfortunately, are the people of Colorado who accept living in new homes, and not pre-existing ones that have land attached. I know some folks can't afford such things, but most of the people coming into current home ownership opt to pay +$250,000 for "sardine-housing" rather than look into an older home on some land. If that were the case, then the contractors wouldn't build so many gated communities because the money just wouldn't be there, and the land wouldn't be so endangered; but the raw fact is that people tend to go the easy, short-term route with what's being hype-sold to them, & not bending to what serves the greater good of all concerned....and the land is everyone's concern.

In a nutshell, it costs a company pennies on the dollar to build those pressboard/pressmetal/plywood/2x4 houses with the pretty fronts, and their profit margins are getting bigger with every purchase the people make....and will continue to make those "sardine-communities" until we, the people, say 'NO MORE' with our wallets. Only then will this building maelstrom cease, and the land be spared.

6. Falcon_Wraith

Jan 3, 2003
    Its true, i just wish we could save more of the land that is being desicrated now.

7. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Yes, we are a disposable country. Use once & throw it away :(

8. Falcon_Wraith

Jan 3, 2003
    Only problem is that space is slowly being run down.

hypocritacal commint- it'll be funny to see them try to build more buildings on some of the mountains. would take some major enginering. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.