main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the second voice?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Zizou87, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zizou87

Zizou87 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Perhaps this is just me...but when Anakin slaughter the sandpeople you hear Qui Gons voice saying something like "Anakin, Anakin" (I just can't understand how some people could miss that) and then you hear a scream "Noooo", this doesn't seem to be the same voice at all. The Nooo doesn't sound like Qui Gon.

andresfelix likes this.
  2. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    You're right. It's not Qui Gon. I can't remember who's voice is it though.

3. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    Personally, I always thought the voice sounded more like Anakin than anyone else, but the entire line is from Qui-Gon and that was confirmed by George Lucas.

[edit] I forgot to add, the reason that the 'No' part doesn't sound like Qui-Gon is because Liam Neeson didn't sign on to act in Episode II. The 'Anakin, Anakin' part was recycled audio from Episode I, and they got someone else to do the 'No' part.

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Yep, it's supposed to be Qui-Gon.

Both the screenplay found in the Art of Attack of the Clones book and the novel have Qui-Gon speaking these lines. However, the "Nooooo!!!" part doesn't seem to match Qui-Gon's voice. Also, a foreign viewer had this to say, "If you watch the movie in other languages you will hear that it's Qui Gon and nobody else."

The "Anakin" part was taken from The Phantom Menace. The "Nooo" was either a bad imitation at Liam Neeson's voice, or a very bad recording. Either way, whether or not it was actually Liam Neeson, it was supposed to be Qui-Gon's voice.

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Perhaps it was Qui-Gon's voice, but twisted from his concern for Anakin and his dark future. But then again, it might have benn some other Jedi Master, long gone, who also felt gread disappointment for what Anakin did.

6. Moriarte

Moriarte Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    It is Qui-Gon's voice, specifically Qui-Gon's dialogue from TPM. The "Nooo" was altered to make it sound more gutteral and filled with anguish. I think it sounds good for its purpose(s).

Ciou-See the Sig

7. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    I always thought the 'nooo' sounded like the Cliegg Lars voice.[face_thinking]:oops:

8. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    It was all Qui-Gon - it's like that in the screenplay, and Pablo Hidalgo confirmed it in SW Magazine.

9. Zizou87

Zizou87 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Ok, thanx for the answers. My guess was also that someone else had done the "Noo" part.

Perhaps this is a question for the EpIII forum but is it confirmed anywhere that we are going to hear Qui Gon's voice in EPIII? Or will Yoda just say that Qui Gon told him about the living force.

10. Darth_Desolate

Darth_Desolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    The Noooooooo sounded like Clieg Lars.

11. Womprat62

Womprat62 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2005
    Its a tusken

12. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    I'm pretty sure it's Qui-Gon. I always view it as something inside Anakin's mind. Qui-Gon saying his nama, "Anakin. Anakin!" Then, the "Nooo!!!" was Anakin losing the mental grip he had of Qui-Gon. That's what I've always viewed it as.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.