main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the Weirdest thing(s) in your Collection?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

I don't think the mask was by Don Post; I got it @ Target, so it seemed very mass-produced. That being said, it was really well-made...until it started falling apart - it's true the excessive heat (it was in a closet without air conditioning) may have had a lot to do with this. Thanks for the info. on latex masks - I agree that putting a lacquer on them would ruin their look, and IMHO would defeat the purpose of having a well-made mask like this.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got one of those as well now - courtesy of our Secret Santa in Mod Squad a couple of years ago.

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    [​IMG]

I'm scared. Really, really scared.

4. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Is that an Ewok with Michael Jackson's face? If so, extremely creepy...

5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Precisely, a ...Wicket Jackson. Yes.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    *Shudders - I cannot unsee that.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I should ban him for making us see that.. :p

8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    *her

(and yeah, my sparse in-character posts probably make people think I'm a dude...)

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Nahhhh I know you're female - guys generally don't go bananas for ewoks. Then again LAJ is also female and she loves Boba Fett. Me I love nearly everything relating to SW :p

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I stand corrected - I should ban HER for that pic. :p

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

In that case, I stand corrected as well. :D I really, really assumed she was a he and that 99% of the Boba Fett fans are male because...well, they aspire to be what he is, which is pretty hard to be, but applies to boys? Now I'm really interested to know if somebody actually wrote a paper on that, as the anthropological and sociological aspects of the SW universe interest me a lot.

It was different in my school. We had guys go for female characters or the villains and girls go for male characters (OK, all the other girls were fans of Wicket, it was just me who preferred weirdness to bravery). And from what I've seen online, the biggest fan of princess Kneesaa around is, apparently, a 40-year-old man from Brazil, so there's probably a reason for that.

Same as above, while I tried to map characters (mostly based on their cartoon incarnations, but a lot of them have the same personalities in the film, too) to specific psychological profiles, star signs, one of the four main temperaments and, ultimately, sort them in Harry Potter houses, I wonder if anybody who's actually qualified to do so did that before me. I would be curious.

:p

12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    At the book fair yesterday, I saw a huge plastic Darth Maul with a plastic bowl in his hands and the bowl was full of candy. I'm not sure if this was somebody's deliberate modification, if the prop was repurposed, but I laughed so much that I didn't even manage to snap a pic. Soooo wrong. XD

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    [​IMG]

Come to the Dark Side, We have Candy!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    PRECISELY that one. Sooo weird. :D

15. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Hilarious! Thanks for the pic. & the laugh. If I were a small kid, I think Maul's face may keep me from wanting that candy......Nah!

16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    He goes strangely well with that Wicket Jackson above, come to think of it. :D

17. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I have a little statue of Yoda with a little book with his quotes from the movies.

18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh man I was just browsing this thread and saw that Michael Jackson/Wicket....thing....and now I think I'm going to have nightmares. Forever.

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm sorry. :eek:

cubman987 likes this.