main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton what's the word?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by HelenScarlett, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelenScarlett

HelenScarlett Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Hellooooo!

So, alll Edmontonian fanpersons out there (ewww...how politically correct of me...), what's the good word on advanced ticket sales for ep2 iun edmonton, and/or events surrounding AOTC?
    I've got a growing crew eager to get something going...

Yes, I admit to be one of those who stayed over at WEM for tickets...but met mnay many fun people there, most of whom I have never seen again...but here's our chance!

start it up folks!
    Cheers!

2. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I don't know when they go on sale yet,(that's actually why I'm here) but when I find out I'll let everyone know. I will probably be staying over at silver city myself so we'll see you there.

3. RangerRebel

RangerRebel Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    Hey guys... (new to the forum). Anyway... My girlfriend knows the managers at Silver City and she talked to one of them tonite. He said he had no idea when advance tix would go on sale and that they were going to be notified 20 minutes prior to the tix going on sale. That totally sucks! Apparently they don't want people camping out and lining up so this is how they're gonna avoid that. (I don't see why not... I camped out at Silver for Episode 1 and never heard of any problems) Has anyone heard anything about cineplex? I wouldn't mind seeing it at South Edmonton Common. Also... Does anyone know what stores will be opening at midnite on the 23rd for the Episode 2 toys? Last time it was Zellers at Millwoods Town Centre.

4. BenQ

BenQ Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2001
    "I don't see why not... I camped out at Silver for Episode 1 and never heard of any problems"

I don't know about WEM, but downtown at Eaton Center it was very clear that security did not appreciate us. (not that anyone was being naughty, just that they didn't like the unknown)

If you remember some people started camping out at WEM way ahead of time and were promptly turfed. After this happenned several times WEM announce they would allow people to camp out for the one night.

5. HelenScarlett

HelenScarlett Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Hey,

Yeah, so it looks like that's how it's going to go....managers will not know in advance when they're getting the tickets, and it will probably be different for all theaters that are showwing AOTC. I've heard this from several theater managers I know.

As for the advanced/midnight toy sales (yes, I was there too, at millwoods town centre...ahem..), I have not heard a thing...I think they are REALLY trying to keep the hype to a minimum around lining up, crowds etc...ESPECIALLY at WEM, considering the odd things that have happened there in the first year (ie, the stabbings, drownings, etc...)

But hey, if anyone hears any differently, spread the word!

Cheers-

-Helen.

6. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    It seems that the toys are in store already in all the toys r us. Even one walmart has their toys on the shelf. So go get them now.

7. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I can't believe they won't tell anyone about the advance ticket sales. Has anyone else notice the lack of fun promotions and stuff. All the Fan stuff has been nixed. Chapters had a party for the book release last time,nothing this time, even the toy store displays are low key.

8. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    The lack of mega-hype indicates how much retailers were burned by Episode I. There is a Zellers here still selling the Battledroid on a STAP preview figure!!

It looks like Ep 2 will be a stronger movie, and I think the hype will be replaced by word of mouth. Which is always better for a movie in the long run.

As far as word on advance ticket sales, its not so much a Lucas thing as the way the whole film distribution system in North America works. Just need to be patient for the lawyers to do their thing and then we will hear the ticket sale date all over the place.

9. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I was talking to the Manager at South Edmonton Common yesterday. There is still no official word as to when the tickets will go on sale, but it is rumored that they will go on sale Friday. He did say though that they will be "on sale for sure by Tuesday."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.