main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What's the Worst Clone Wars Episode?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by THE PortmanLuvva, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    What didn't you like about the Ryloth arc? I'm just curious.

2. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't really know, just found it really boring.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Man, I barely remember Ryloth. I wasn't fully into the show yet, so I missed a bunch of the early episodes.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Ok, that's cool.

5. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    The Season 4 premiere.

6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The Season 5 première.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The Season 2 premiere.

I like this game.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think the worst season premier is Water War, but that's definitely not among the absolute worst TCW episodes IMO. None of the premiers are.

QuangoFett likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    In all honesty, I really don't like Holocron Heist too much. Not the worst by far, but not really near being good either.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Holocron Heist is kind of slow, always surprised when people say they like it better than Cargo of Doom and Children of the Force which does happen.

11. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    The Academy was pretty bad..

It's been a while since I've seen some stuff from the earlier seasons. I wish CN would show reruns like a normal show.

Esg and CT-867-5309 like this.
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Indeed, syndicate this show, I'm not paying for it.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought syndication was in the works?

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    -shrugs-

I don't keep up on Star Wars news, or any news.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yes, in fact I saw Ambush and Rising Malevolence on my local CBS affiliate at 10 or 11 pm last Saturday. There were no credits in between, they were combined at the end. I love those episodes. It's weird being so psyched to see something on TV (and have to watch commercials) that I could see anytime I want (without commercials).

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I usually watch them online. I haven't found them on network TV yet but I thought they were going that route.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    What was wrong with Umbara?

That's a good point- it is so with almost every arc.

That is true- both would've been great trilogies- General and Plan of Dissent should've been edited down to one episode as well as Front Runners and Soft War. There was far too much extrascenes with clones on Umbara and rebels on streets of Iziz.
    Amen- even though there is need for mutiny of some kind to make Fives prisoner of war as he was in Carnage.

I partially agree- but death of Steela was also pretty epic as well as carnage portrayed by HMP-gunships.

I really liked the way Onderon foreshadows OT- it was not waste at all but as mentioned- far too long. It also suffered from political oddities- why Republic cannot support Onderon's rebels was not explained. Because Rash was pro-separatist there should be no problem in fight against him openly and yet they complained he is a "legitimate king"..... that really made no sense...

18. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    The gunships provided spectacle and an indication that the CIS was at least competent, but there wasn't much of Heroes On Both Sides' moral complexity in the Onderon arc, which was disappointing because Mina Bonteri originates from Onderon. That was my main disappointment with the arc. Had it been some other planet, I'd have appreciated the arc more.

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Gunships and Steela's tragic death were not enough save the Onderon arc in my eyes. The last part has some epic stuff and hey, commando droids were scary as hell again but it still suffered from bland characters, putting the interesting ones on a bus, lack of complexity, and having already bulldozed HOBS. The series should have grown a set and taken Ahsoka's arm off when she was shot by the downed gunship's cannon. You gotta do better than that to give me feels TCW. The more I watch that arc the more I hate it. I definitely overrated Onderon looking back.

21. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    I don't hate it. Onderon provides plenty of visceral thrills and a small amount of appealing drama. However, Heroes On Both Sides casts a huge shadow over it and it can never avoid (largely unfavourable in my case) comparisons to that episode.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm sorry. I officially or unofficially hate Onderon. It takes alot to get me to that point where I don't want to rewatch something. But Its atleast the 3rd worst arc in the series to me and its likely those episode will never ever be played on my PS3 when the Blu-ray comes out next year.

23. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Apology accepted.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Fortunately, my ximages.net account seems inaccessible right now so I'll spare the thread a meme.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I think Onderon is probably the worst 4-part arc of the whole series so far. The bulldozing of Heroes on Both Sides is definitely part of the reason for me. I like political episodes and that one's probably the best. I feel like I have to not count the Onderon arc in my canon for HOBS to still make sense.

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.