main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX What's up for the Grapevine show?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by THX_Jedi, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Is the DFW Fanforce going to be at the little show this weekend? I haven't heard anyone speak about it.

2. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Nor have I.. I dunno if I'll be there but I may only be there a short while if I do go. I think Grapevine is having one of its many annoying stupid festivals.. hopefully there will be parking for the convention.. I'm not sure if it does fall on the same weekend...

3. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    We will not be attending the show in official capacity this time. It's a small show, and we are saving up our energy and resources for the big BatCon in October. Of course anyone from DFW are more then welcome to go in a group for fun. But we wont be having a table or anything like that for this show. However, we will of course, need serious and commited volunteers for the Bat show. More details to follow.

4. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Well.. I've been chatting with Christopher... unless something comes up we will probably try to make the show Saturday for a very short while. Probably just long enough to go, make several walks around.. maybe buy a little something (I gotta save up for my costume) and then probably leave. Something still may come up tho', but I'd like to go, anyway.

Anyway.. anyone going.. have fun!

5. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Nabooty_Call, did you go? I ended up spending way more money than I wanted to LMAO!! I did get my Vader/Maul 12" box set that I had been wanting.. $22.. not bad! They had two more there for that price (another guy was selling them for $50 each and I've seen them go for a lot more...)

Anyway.. had a blast.. I didn't see anyone, but then again I was pretty much shopping for deals LMAO!!!

6. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Heh, Cynthia! :D

Errand-running kept me away; we'll see if I get to go Sunday...or if I ever get to bed!

7. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    oooh Cynthia!! I want one I want one!!
    Aaahh well I'm sure I'll have my chance to look for one ;)

8. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Darnit!! You know, Tonya.. later that night we were both talking about how we should've grabbed one of the other ones to be able to sell to someone else (they were so cheap!) and I wasn't sure if anyone I knew needed it or not.. D'OH!!!! This is where I wish I had a cell phone w/ numbers programmed into it :(

darnit darnit darnit.. maybe someone at the Plano show will have it for a good price...

I'm sorry, Sithster <hugs> :( I would go get you one, but I only paid for Saturday admission :(

BTW, Nabooty_Call.. if you go today.. beware.. there is a Grapevine festivity on main street.. idiots galore (really makes me hate my town.. I mean.. *really* hate it - they're obsessed with making up festivals all year long.... I'm so glad I don't live off main street anymore.. cute atmosphere my butt.. these people litter the yards and park all down the streets in residential areas which are quickly becoming zoned for business now - and some are "historical areas" too.. sister-in-law's bf had someone blocking his driveway, even.. sheesh!!!!).. anyway, just remember that so you can find your way around and you should (*should*) find parking at the convention center.

BTW.. sorry if I offended anyone.. but you'd just kinda have to live in Grapevine (especially close to Main street) to understand.. anyone who lives in a town like that will probably understand.. oy.. heheh :) It's just "growing" too fast.. and they're kinda ruining the charm of it imoho.. apparently (I'm not a history expert, I was just pointed out the place) the field that Bonnie and Clyde met relatives in is going to be built on :( Probably another shopping center that never gets used.. heheh..

ok.. my rant is done :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.