LA, CA What's up LA?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Rokangus, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokangus Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Anybody from LA out there?
  2. Wylding Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The sky.

I'm from the LA area.
  3. Queen_Tofuti Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm here in LA man.
    Whats up? =)
  4. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    No sky in LA. Only smog.
  5. Barbara Fett Force Ghost

star 3
    Hi. i'm in the area too. :)
  6. bright sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  7. Mara Solo Jedi Padawan

From and in LA... getting over the heavy fog we had last week. Now I'm just gloating over the relatively warm temperatures we have. :p
  8. Ice_Creature Jedi Knight

Now it seems like rain is coming.
  9. rookie Jedi Knight

star 2
    woo-hoo los angeles!
  10. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm in Pasadena...close enough for government work. AKA the Rose Parade city - where the stands are going up on virtually every street corner as we speak.

And big GFFA fan, especially the EU - Literature boards my usual hang-out.

What's your favorite "thing" about SW? Enquiring minds want to know!
  11. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I work in Pasadena at Earthlink.

Earthlink: Its your Internet so you fix it!
  12. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Azeem - my company (we do commercial interior space planning and design) did some ADA work for Earthlink. Small world and all that. We're up on Colorado, right next door to the new mall, which is going up nicely, thankyouverymuch.

Glad I don't have to be there this weekend - there's already a ton of people in town, and they were all walking around Colorado yesterday.

Do you ever visit the comic store on Colorado? They have a pretty good selection of Star Wars "stuff." I buy comics there.
  13. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I don't know the city very well. I work graveyard shift so I'm usually gone before most stores open. Only time I actually visit Pasadena during the day is when I'm going to Grand Slam (as the Imp Guard of course).

I have a couple of places in Woodland Hills that I frequent.
  14. Skidder Jedi Knight

star 3
  15. Queen_Tofuti Jedi Knight

star 1
    Where is the comic book shop?
    I too work in Pasadena at Marengo and Green, one block south of Colorado. I would like to visit that store. Thanks.
  16. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Someone call kahunna and tell him to setup a LA meeting at that comic book shop on some Saturday :)
  17. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Queen Tofuti - do you work in the BofA building? I'm in the building that sits on the corner of Marengo and Colorado -- my eighth floor office overlooks the BofA building.

The comic book store is just up Colorado right on the other side of the old railroad tracks. It used to be a Japanese Antiques store, but they moved that so now it's comic books. The comic book store is the one that used to be in the Mall.
  18. Queen_Tofuti Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes I do work in the Bank of America building. =)
    Whats the store called?
    Thanks.
  19. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Queen Tufuti: that is just too funny, that you're about 500 yards from me!

The store is called Comic Odyssey. It's practically straight off from your building, as the crow flies, that is. Besides comics they have all the figures, CCGs, etcetera. That's where I got the Queen Amidala ceramic figure that come out about, what, six months or so ago.
  20. lowbacca1977 Jedi Knight

I'm just a bit north of LA in Santa Clarita
  21. Queen_Tofuti Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, ValedaKor that is amazing. What a small world! I'm going to visit Comic Odyssey sometime this week. Thanks for the information.
    I used to work in Santa Clarita, lowbacca.
    We are so close to each other. Please tell me. Is there an official fan force chapter in LA? And if not, should we start one?
  22. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    We do have one..sort of.

Kahunna, me, the anonymous director, and the fan filmmakers of Los Angeles get together from time to time and watch videos and just hang out.

The 501st Legion in Los Angeles is pretty large (30 members). We do conventions, charity events, etc. all year round.

If y'all want to meet sometime at this comic book store on a Saturday, I'm up for it.

23. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Azeem, that's an interesting thought! If anyone else is interested, let's hear from you. The Comic Odyssey in Pasadena is a nice store, and it's right on Colorado which is also nice to visit.
  24. Queen_Tofuti Jedi Knight

star 1
    Count me in for a meeting.
    Please let me know when and what time. =)
  25. PaulaK Jedi Knight

star 1
    HI. I'm a big Star Wars fan living in San Francisco. Reason I am writing to your site is that I see a number of you are from Pasadena. I am thinking of attending a Star Trek (oh my gosh) convention in Pasadena on 3/30-4/1. Don't toss me out of your site. I think it's ok to like both Star Wars and Star Trek, especially when I love Star Wars more. But the Star Trek conventions are lots of fun too. I saw Kenny Baker at one, although there aren't any Star Wars celebs scheduled for the Pasadena convention. Any of you folks going to attend the convention? You can get more details at www.creationent.com. I'd much rather hang out with Star Wars fans. So if anyone is going, and if I make it, maybe we can meet up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.