LA, CA What's up LA?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Rokangus, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyTheClone Jedi Padawan

I don't really know where south Bay is. I live in Simi Valley and work in El Segundo.

I am going to the Con in July it will be my first time I was suppose to go last year but I tore a disc in my back so I am pretty excited for this year.

What part of La is everyone from?
  2. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    There is quite a few of us out here. I'll be at comic-con again with the 501st and maybe for TFN.

I live in Pomona now but will be living in Tarzana in 2 weeks.
  3. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Johnny - if you work in El Segundo you are pretty much right there. The "South Bay" area encompasses the beach cities like Redondo, Manhattan and includes Torrance, the LAX area and and so forth.

Glad to see that some of you are going to Comic-Con! I've never been...has anybody got any tips for me on what to look out for/what to avoid, etcetera?

And as far as location for me goes - I live in the San Gabriel Valley and work in Pasadena.
  4. Queen_Tofuti Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi I live in Burbank and work in Pasadena.
    Could anyone please post the site addy for the San Diego con please?
    Sounds like something I would like to attend.
    Stopped attending the LA cons last year.
    Went to some in Texas. Heard lots of good things about the San Diego con.
    Thanks. :)
  5. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    http://www.comic-con.org (seems down right now)

Don't forget Grand Slam is end of this month in Pasadena. Its pretty good for a Trekkie con. 501st will be there.
  6. JohnnyTheClone Jedi Padawan

Isn't it sad I have lived in this area my whole life and I have no clue where south bay is and it winds up I work right in the middle of it..how lame do I feel?
    Who else is going to the CON I have also never been so tips wopuld be great.
    ~Johnny~
  7. Kahunna Jedi Padawan

I'm in the Santa Monica/Culver City area... so that's north of South Bay, eh? :)

Valeda Kor- I'm going to the SDCC for the third time. I bought my tickets last year before I left to convention - it's really fun! Advice: good walking shoes! I think I walked about 5 miles last year...

Also, if you plan on spending the night in SD, get your hotel reservations well in advance. There's a lot of hotels in the area, but they will book up quickly.
  8. JohnnyTheClone Jedi Padawan

So we are all pretty much scattered around the La area.
    We should get a group to all go or meet at the Con.
    One other note if I ever hear or see another AT&T Wireless commerial about or with that lame Sheppard in it I am going to smash something..am I wrong is my hate unjust
  9. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I expect to be at the comiccon and maybe even with 501st'ers. a friend is on the inside and has a spare trooper suit.

I hope the line is good here. I'm not sure anything could be the SF experience of TPM, but I'm hopeful
  10. bright sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My home is in Santa Monica, unfortantly, I am now at UC Davis, so I'm not there most of the school year.
  11. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Kahunna - thanks for the advice. I've get friends in San Diego (heck, that's where I'm from myself), but I've made reservations at a motel just to be different. Plus, it's close to the trolley line. Traffic around the convention center can get crazy, so I thought I'd leave the "driving" to someone else <g>.
  12. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    bright sith--

Really? I grew up in Sacramento. Spent alot of time in high school on the UCD campus. Almost went there.

My office just moved from Cloverfield and Broadway in Santa Monica. Now we're in Marina del Rey.
  13. Kahunna Jedi Padawan

Kessel-

Where in Sac? I grew up in Fair Oaks. :)
  14. bright sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, like the song goes, it's a small world after all. ;)

Honestly, I've only been to Sac once since being in Davis, partly because I don't have a car here. As you may know, Davis is a bike town, and that's my only transportation tool.

I used to go to Marina Del Rey a lot, too....
  15. Queen_Tofuti Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey I lived in Sac and Davis for two years. Loved it up there and I'd still be there except that my sister had a baby and I moved down here to help her with the baby. Its a really nice place to live and my best friend graduated from UCDavis.
    Whoa, it IS a small world after all. :)
  16. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I can't stand Sac actually. it's too friggin hot. Y'know there is a bike trail connecting Davis to Sac right?

So, being in Davis I imagine that you hang out at Dos Coyotes and Sudwerks alot right? :)
  17. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Well when I'm on vacation, I live either in Downey (near Cerritos and Norwalk) or in Granada Hills (near Northridge). I go to Loyola Marymount University so I'm in Westchester, near Santa Monica.

=)
  18. Queen_Tofuti Jedi Knight

star 1
    My sister graduated from LMU. :)
    Its a great school.
  19. bright sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I had no idea there was a bike trail, and I don't think I'm up to it either. What would it be, a 80 minute trip?

As for hanging out at places, we just go to parties, so I don't really go anywhere, nor do I know any place. Yeah, yeah, I should find out more stuff. Hey, at least I know Woodstocks! :)

One of my family friends teaches Chinese at LMU, check it out. ;)
  20. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm working no less than about 4 minutes from LMU. My office is in MdR at Mindanao and Lincoln
  21. Dog-Gon_Jinn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Clears throat...ahem....

Just discovered the "fan force" section. That's what I get for bookmarking the forums I haunt.

Anyway....hello from Diamond Bar (where I live) and Irvine (where I work).

22. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Kessel Runner I know exactly where that is! This is really surreal....lol.
  23. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I've been trying to track you down on these boards for about two weeks. Once I found out you were at LMU.....

Since I'm new to SoCal I'm still getting the hang of this lifestyle, but it's OK so far. How do you like LMU? I had considered that school when I was looking at colleges but I didn't want to live in SoCal (ironic eh?).
  24. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    I love LMU. It's perfect. Very pretty.
  25. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Whatcha studying Spewwy?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.