main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio WHAT'S UP T-TOWN FANS!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediObi, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediObi

JediObi Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2001
    Hey everyone, just wanna say what's up to all my fellow fans in the T-town area. I really would like to stir up some conversation on the message board here... who has been to the Magic of Myth exhibit so far? I went to the press preview on Friday and it rocked... also went back Sunday for opening day! Give me a shout if you read this, I would like to chat with some more peeps from Toledo!

2. DecoyQueen

DecoyQueen Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    Sure is quiet around here...

I went to the Exhibit yesterday. Heard the lecture by Doug Chiang, who was an excellent speaker, IMHO. Then I went through the exhibit. I thought it was great, but there could have been more TPM stuff.

Anybody else?

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    My buddies and I should be making the pilgrimmage up to Toledo in the near future to see the exhibit. I'm very excited about seeing it since I've heard so many people say they loved it.

4. JediFrankenstein

JediFrankenstein Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    Good to see some Toledo Talk finally happening 'round here.

We're pretty thrilled about the opening weekend of Star Wars: The Magic of Myth and we know its just going to get better. The fans are so enthusiastic about Toledo being honored with this exhibit and it really showed over those three days. Me, I'm in 7th heaven and look forward to all the visitors that are on their way.

Wasn't the Star Destroyer worth the price of admission alone?

Glad you liked hearing Doug Chiang speak. Did you go up and get an autograph? Gotta be one of the most personable people on Earth, and he was gracious enough to meet everyone.

It doesnt stop there: we have MANY more SW events coming up. Check out the TMA website at www.toledomuseum.org for all the dates and times.

Btw, its funny the comment about not enough TPM stuff; I actually sensed that visitors were much more interested in Classic Trilogy things and were somewhat indifferent to the TPM room. Hmmm, well, thats great to get that feedback. TMA is only the second venue to get Maul's costume and lightsaber so before that there wasn't much! :-}

Hey, Brooklyn and Australia get Ep.2 stuff!

JF

5. DecoyQueen

DecoyQueen Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    Chiang was a wonderful speaker. He seemed very enthusiastic and was so nice. Yes, I did get a lithograph signed and a pic taken, too. :)

As for the comment about the Ep.I stuff...
    I just would have liked seeing a couple of things like maybe one of the Queen's dresses, or a model of the Queen's ship. I love anything Naboo, so more stuff from that part of TPM might have been nice.
    But if it came down to choosing between that or the Falcon, you better believe I'd choose the Falcon! ;)

So, JF, it sounds like you have something to do with the Museum & exhibit? If so, it's nice to be able to give some feedback to someone who's involved!

6. JediFrankenstein

Jul 10, 2001
    Decoy, glad to hear you attended and were happy with Doug's talk. Yes, I'm here for feedback BUT there's also an information addy over at www.toledomuseum.org for official feedback too. TMA LOVES to get feedback!

I agree about the lack of further TPM items. I'm not sure, but perhaps Lucasfilm looks at those things as still being 'in current use'? Great question, maybe I'll be able to get an answer on that...the Lucasfilm and Smithsonian folks are pretty good people and have been good to work with.

So, anybody going to any of the other speaker events? Don't forget our Halloween party on Oct.28th.

JF

7. JediObi

JediObi Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2001
    Alright, great to see some T-Town people starting to chat!

I thoroughly enjoyed the exhibit myself, starting with the press preview on Friday... man, does TMA know how to have a party! Exquisitely catered, friendly employees... you name it.

I also got the sense that most people were focused on the Original Trilogy pieces... except I noticed many of the younger fans on opening day going positively bonkers over Darth Maul! The gift shop was a rael plus... I will admit that Friday I bought a film cell and Sunday I bought that sweet bomber jacket... my wallet is still crying. LOL

I am also looking forward to that Symphony show at the Peristyle...

8. JediFrankenstein

Jul 10, 2001
    There's a chance we may see some newer SW items in the Shop in the coming months. I'll let you know if that happens. Cool thing is that you can hit the SW Shop without actually having to go thru the Exhibit (although you SHOULD do the Exhibit MANY times ;-} ).

The Museum Store on the ground floor has a few things that the Shop doesn't also.

Are you going to Paul Huston's talk on Sept. 22nd?

JF

9. JediObi

JediObi Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2001
    LOL! Oh, I WILL be going through the exhibit many more times... I did it 3 times during the press preview and once on opening day... and since it runs through January, I'm sure I'll be getting back there a few more times.

I'm not sure if I'm going to that one - have to see how class scheduling goes. *grumbles about college courses* ;) I'm just really psyched to have this in Toledo - and I want all the Toledo fans to come out full-force.

And don't worry, I think I can stir up some conversation around here... :/

10. JediFrankenstein

Jul 10, 2001
    Hey, we had a great first week of the Star Wars exhibit...let's not let the talk here die down now! Toledo's a top-notch town and deserves an active board!

JF

www.toledomuseum.org

11. JediObi

JediObi Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2001
    Haha, you got that right! I haven't been around for a couple of days b/c I've been shooting for my skate film, but I agree that we can't let things die down now! :)

12. JediForce1

JediForce1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2001
    The Magic of Myth is way OUT OF THIS WORLD! The Audio Tour makes it all worth it, too!

I'm pretty new at this and I haven't read the other postings yet..but, what do you think of the new title for EP II? When I first heard it, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" came to mind...go figure!

13. JediObi

JediObi Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2001
    Welcome, and hope you like your stay at the message boards. :)

I actually don't mind the title, unlike most fans I have met (who are currently moaning and belly-aching.) LOL. Then again, if King George actually named the movie "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes," I would still see the flick and enjoy it many, many times. :)

May I ask if you're from Toledo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.