main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's up with Jacen? Some SBS spoilers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Black_Hole, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    First word, I like Jacen as a character, but he was poorly written in some books. First, Lets go back to the days of YJK. Jacen can't get a girl, or doesn't want one. There was Tenel Ka, good looking, friggen rich beyond his dreams, intelligent, nice, and they "clicked" together alot. Now, what ever happened to them after YJKs? Did they just disapear? Let's skip a few years and go to SBS, Jacen is held captive, and he might not make it out alive. You know as I know, if he used to dark side of the force, he could get out of there. Hmm, Darkside or death... I would go for darkside myself, but Jacen is a sensitive kind of guy. He is too wussy in some of the books, but has gotten better in character.

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    We know he makes it out alive.

3. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Who ever said Tenel Ka was out of his league?
    Jacen Is Alderanian Royalty. And a lesser extent Naboo Nobility.

Jacen also had a thing for Anja Gallandro. But alas no matter how he tried to prove to her He would betray his father for her She Always held what he wanted most just out of his reach.

4. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I don't think Jacen is poorly written at all. Well, maybe some of his jokes were lame, but aside from that, he's a great character. Just because he's not aggressive and arrogant like some people ::coughkypcough:: does not mean he should be automatically labeled a "wuss." What's wrong with trying to stay on the Light side? Personally, I think Jacen is the only Jedi who knows what he's doing. He thinks before he takes action. But he can still think on his feet and has leadership skills, as we see in SBS and the whole NJO series.

5. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Not using the Dark side does not contitute a wuss. Avoiding the Dark side takes plenty of strength.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.