main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whats up with TF.net guy saying Halo 2 will be game of the year?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by dvader654, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvader654

dvader654 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Sure Halo was a great game but it was pretty much just a great FPS. Halo 2 looks like it will be a AAA title but it still is just a FPS, and it wont even be the best FPS made this year(that will be Half-life 2). There are a lot of games that will compete for game of the year: Metal Gear Solid 3, Metroid Prime 2, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Resident Evil 4 to name a few. I think any of those games will be better than Halo 2.

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    1. Because he's Josh. And whatever he says goes.
    2. Because he was obsessed with Halo 1 (which is notoriously evident if you've read the 'Make a Star Wars Halo' editorial.)
    3. Because he's a console fanboy, and obviously has'nt played any other canditates like Far Cry, Perimeter or UT2004 yet.

From an educated standpoint, I have to say, the comment you just made did seem more viable.

3. MasterAero

MasterAero Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2002
    Well its his opinion.

And its correct. Halo 2 will own all other games. 8-}

4. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    *yawn*

Its just a prejudice opinion, just like any other "game x will be the best game of the year" comment while we obviously still have 7 months to go before the end of the year. :p

5. dvader654

dvader654 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    My problem is not his opinion, there are a bunch of people that think Halo 2 will be GOTY. Its just the way he posted it made it seem like he was stating a fact, like Halo 2 is this super game that no one can argue is the greatest. It just seemed weird to me, like it was out of place, just what does Halo have to do with SW.

6. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    1. Because he's Josh. And whatever he says goes.
    2. Because he was obsessed with Halo 1 (which is notoriously evident if you've read the 'Make a Star Wars Halo' editorial.)

++ :p

¤Night

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, it remains to be seen whether Halo 2 will be GOTY THIS year, since it seems the game has faced so many delays so far. :p

And yes, it'll own all other games. Even Mr. Freeman's next adventure, I dare say.

8. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I'm hoping Fable wins Game of the Year. Halo 2 is just an enhanced version of a game we've already experienced. Fable on the other hand is a game of it's own, no other game is out there that is like it.

It is bringing something new to the gaming industry.

9. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    The only delay you have experienced is that of the retailers like EBgames second guessing the developer. Now if Bungie changes their release of November then you can complain. ;) Is it so hard to belive that Halo will get a GOTY again?

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

10. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Realistic Zelda = pwn all

Too bad it'll probably be Christmas 2005 at the earliest before we see it. It might even be summer 2006. Either way, it won't likely be competing with Halo for the GOTY.

And if it did, I pity the Master Chief.

11. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    That would be an interesting conflict. The main representive of X-Box coming out in a year when the pinnical of Nintendo gaming exellence comes out. Lets even make it on the same day. And lets just lose all sanity and through in a new Final Fantasy game in their too. I can just imagine the carnage game stores would have to deal with.
    /scene from Kill Bill plays.
    /smiles

12. P_J

P_J Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2004
    Kill Bill, I'm the biggest Kill Bill fan you'll ever find. I'll bring my soundtrack, and distribute Katanas. Yes. I agree. Caranage would rule.

The game will be really good. Personally, It think that it will be GOTY.

The multiplayer, the epic single player, the graphics. It'll all be aweome.

It's just a game that 'FEELS' big. You know it's a huge game when you start playing it. (or, well, watch the demos, lol).

It'll be hard to beat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.