main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

whats up with this ???

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    so does germany have a way better fan club than us or what ?

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/01/news20040130.html

they get their own big star wars con and cool figure pack .

2. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Feh!!! :mad:

I'm jealous. With a capital "J"

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    BRILLIANT!!

er...wait...wrong thread. yeah, what's up with that?

4. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I wanna go.

5. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    It just shows yu what a FanForce can do if some OOOOMMMPPHHH! is applied to the working.....FLOL!

And quite frankly, if GERMANY can pull it off.........well, come on....do we really want to play second fiddle?

6. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, that's not the fanforce doing it, it's the "official fan club" of Germany.

Yeah, we get celebration from ours, right? But we need MORE SW CONS!!!

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    WE could always try to pull something out of our hats. Lets see, it wouldnt be to hard if we did it every 3 years or something, one big huge SW con?

8. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    "Do or do not, there is no try."

9. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Life is so, ooohhhhh.........doable.

Why be satisfied with reality?

So, what.......we don't have the skills, management, leadership, coordination, time or desire to make "cool figure packs"? Or incredible lightsabers? Or the next generation Trooper armour? Or staggering costumes set upon regal personas to swoon the SW crowds? Or seas of collectibles for all the world to admire? Or parties that make the best cantina on Coruscant look like a dive? Or anything we so choose?

Are we content to admit to ourselves that we don't have the talent or abilities to make fanfilms worthy of international recognition? Or enthralling stories that pierce the very souls of SW fans everywhere? Or our own gaming venues? Or a website that is THE number one SW site anywhere? Or anything we so choose?

Do we really believe that simply because we are only a city of SW fans, that we DON'T have the witherall to actively recruit huge numbers of members and work with people from all over to make this FanForce...the RMFF....anything we so choose?

Do we actually concede that we are okay with not being the center of the SW FanForce universe?

Well..........do we?

HHHHhhhhmmmmm?

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    hey, if you wanna get the ball rolling, be my guest. I'm not spending the next three years of my life organizing a con. I'm happy to attend, but I'm not the con organizer guy.

Are we content to admit to ourselves that we don't have the talent or abilities to make fanfilms worthy of international recognition?

I fail to see how that is relevant. I DO in fact believe I am capable of making a fanfilm worthy of international recognition. But a fanfilm is small potatoes next to organizing a huge SW convention IMO. I wouldn't even know where to start on that. At least I know what I want to do for the fanfilm and how to go about at least most of it (and where to find out how to go about the rest).

11. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    "What's up with this?"

That thread title reminds me of an old PFF thread

[face_mischief] :D

12. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Well, JD, yu bring up great points but that's exactly why the RMFF could pull off all that and more.....we have talent that spans the gamut. No one person has all the knowledge, or has to do all the work on any one idea. If everyone in this group took one segment of any particular job, anything we come up with could be made to happen without wipin' out the troops.....and I'm tellin' ya, even a Con is not beyond the capabilities of this group if we all pulled on the load together.

13. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I don't think that there is a question of "could we", but rather "should we"? Not to say that a Con necessarily takes more time/energy/resources than a fanfilm per se, I would imagine though that producing a FanFilm is perhaps more personally gratifying to those responsible for the Production. More creative, less administrative.

14. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    We'd also need to get sponsors and funding. I'm not exactly sure how expensive it is to get actors/actresses to come to a con, but I know it can't be cheap. We can prolly ask Starland how much they generally pay, and maybe even partner up with them. We should make more money than what we borrow, right? That's the whole point. :) If it could be predicted to have a HUGE turnout, I'm sure the City of Denver would pay for some of it.

Vendors? Give them enough notice, and they'll show up.

Advertising? Besides posting on starwars.com, I don't think it'd be hard, especially if we got in connection with LFL. Flyers, a couple magazine ads in the Insider, and maybe a website for updates -- we could do it.

Special toys? Work thru LFL to get something special made thru Hasbro. It'd take an investment, though.

Someone to handle all the money -- which would suck.

And then we take the general events layout from other cons for the agenda.

LOL...how hard can it be?

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Oh, reality says it would be damn hard, but if it was easy..............well, yu kno.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.