Whats up with Yoda and his PLANET.....

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by THEDEVILSITH, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. THEDEVILSITH Jedi Knight

If yoda is so important to Star Wars how come we dont know to much about his kind.....

Strilo edit: This thread spiralled down into badness with trolls posting and people flaming.
  2. THEDEVILSITH Jedi Knight

why havent we seen more of his kind
  3. yodahs-daddy Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's one of the things that make his interesting, why is there only one? Why don't we know where he came from? It add depth to reasons why he is top on the council, it's just to make Yoda more interesting than most other characters.
  4. THEDEVILSITH Jedi Knight

if you look at different photos of the phan. men. you can spot a chick yoda at the jedi council meeting
  5. Deeysew Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Yoda is from the planet Vulcan. He is an ancient anscestor of Spock.

Why else do they make they make that funny looking salute and have super powers.

Jedi Vulcans. 8-}
  6. Lord_Smith Jedi Youngling

Yoda is actualy God and Anakin is Christ, Palpatine/Sideos is the 1st ever Sith, ages very slowly and is the Devil.

In saying that Yodas Planet is full of Gods, each one in charge of their own Galaxyies, they all answer to the Gaff who is a Human with all the force powers, and superpowers like all the best superheros, Superman, wonderwoman, the Fab 4 part from the rock guy, and all of the decent XMEN, and looks like me. Or perhaps it is me!!!!!!
  7. THEDEVILSITH Jedi Knight

8. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    The mystery is what makes him so exciting. The audience doesn't need his life story, the mystery, and intrigue is what adds to his character.

The same is true for Palpatine or James Bond. Those are the examples that come to mind. We don't need to know anything except what they are doing now. It all adds layers to an interesting character.

-Seldon
  9. THEDEVILSITH Jedi Knight

10. Lord_Smith Jedi Youngling

I know James Bonds character, if you have seen Golden Eye it tells you, his parents died on a skiing holiday, he was an orphan who was taken up and trained as an agent.
  11. ClonedEmperor Jedi Master

star 4
    How was it that the female yoda (yaddle) died, since she isnt in 2 to my knowledge?
  12. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    Golden Eye was one of the latter films. There were decades before that time where the audience didn't know the facts.

The fact is that certain characters require no back story. They are what the are and that is what makes them so interesting. Scream all you want, don't expect Lucas to tell you anything about Yoda's past, where he came from or what he is.

-Seldon
    Edit: I have heard no news that Yaddle died. She just simply isn't on the Jedi Council anymore and therefore wasn't seen in the film.
  13. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Yaddle is, of course, like Yoda. Unless you weren't paying attention when you watched The Phantom Menace, that wouldn't be very hard to conclude. It's not entirely safe to say that Yoda and Yaddle are the last of their species because we simply don't know that. We don't know anything about there being any more of them, for that matter, but that doesen't mean they're all dead. Wherever Yoda is from more than likely is far from even the Outer Rim. It also must be a fairly unreached planet, otherwise there would be little Yoda's running around everywhere.

It's safe to say you can assume anything you like, but we'll probably never know any more than we do now.
  14. Lord_Smith Jedi Youngling

I understand what you meant by the James Bond reference now, I aggree there is no need to know, but some people just want to know, since there are millions of races in the Star Wars Galaxy so he doesnt need to answer them all, even a pivitol chrater like Yoda, but it would be nice
  15. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I prefer it as it is.
    Lucas left it to the imagination and I would be opposed to him adding light to the characters past which is shrouded in mystery.

-Seldon
  16. THEDEVILSITH Jedi Knight

I just wanna know more details about his home planet
  17. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    There is no point whining about it all.
    If we get the information, then we get it.
    There is nothing any of us can do about it. We simply don't know the answers and probably never will.

-Seldon
  18. THEDEVILSITH Jedi Knight

Actually in a galaxies book it mentions Yoda's planet as that of the Que-seii system that of Darth Tyranus
  19. Lord_Smith Jedi Youngling

Sorry for contradicting what I had previously said about Yoda remaining a mystery, what does it say?
  20. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    PPOR on that information.
    I have heard nothing of this.

-Seldon
  21. Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus

star 5
    There is no information on Yoda's homeworld, nor do we know what species he is.
  22. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    Like I said PPOR.
    If there is an actual source that can be proved, then fine.
    Just don't make wild statements without evidence to back it up.

-Seldon
  23. Lord_Smith Jedi Youngling

Yes, we want to know the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help us Yoda
  24. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Well, as Seldon has repeatedly been forced to say, we won't know the whole truth-- ever, so there's no reason for anyone to keep whining.
  25. Lord_Smith Jedi Youngling

There is no reason for us to be on this website, but the fact is we are
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.