main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton What's up?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    I am such a fail.

2. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    "It's official: Christian Bale has some serious anger management issues!

Bale went absolutely ballistic on the set of "Terminator Salvation" at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico a few months back.

He threatened to stop production after Shane Hurlbut, director of cinematography, accidentally ruined a scene by walking onto the set.

Judging by the clip, Bale sounded like he was ready to beat some serious a**.

Execs from the movie taped his rant and sent it off to their company just in case Bale bolted on them mid-production.
    "

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/020209_christianbale.mp3

3. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah he had soem sort of tempertantrum promoting Dark Knight involving his mother, he should be more like Heath was and just be professional

4. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I contend that all great actors are a bit... well, nuts. Ledger was professional, but he took his work home with him, Brando was bat-guano crazy. A lot of the greats didn't survive the 60's and 70's because they gave their all for their work and back then people didn't talk about their feelings so they bottled it up. Here's hoping Bale can unload in a, uh, healthier way.

5. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    True enough bro

6. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Ugh, it is snowing again. The roads were nice and dry and now they are back to icy and slippery.

I HATE winter.

7. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I know man I know.

8. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I just peeked at the long range forecast. Way below average. *Expletives deleted*

9. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
  10. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Sounds like I will be getting a job here in the next few weeks. I'll only work 2-4 hours a day but that will add up. Good timing too with the toy show coming up.

11. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Awesome news, Jarrett

12. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Cool dude. Great to hear that.

13. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Thanks guys. And I should be working for the same people all through the summer, too.

14. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Happy Valentines Day! Anyone have any special plans for it?

15. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    LOl I'm guessing some us did. Hopefully it was an enjoyable time for all

16. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I didn't do anything on Valentines Day, but on Friday night I did go out for a bit with a lady friend of mine. I gave her a rose with a cheesy note, we went to A&W, got cappuccinos, watched some college hockey at the rink. Good times.

We aren't dating or anything, but we called it our Valentines date anyway since neither of us had anyone for actual Valentines Day.

17. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    That's cool. Better a place-holder date then nothing

18. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
  19. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    nice work bro, Yeah don't rush things or try to get feelings sorted out, just enjoy yhe time ya hang out

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I had a fairly productive day. It's good to get our from underneath this cloud every now and then.

21. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Exactly. :)

22. sithian_goddess_69

sithian_goddess_69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    hey all whats shakin?? yeah my birthday was yesturday, i turned 23!! man that guy was super pisssed, he sounded like he just soo offended but really who wants to get mad over that? christian bale should go to anger management seriously and take some time off acting if hes just going to end up punching the **** out of people, he should not lash out at people like that. whats that really prove, that hes a whackjob of a actor and he goes takes out by someone by mistake? take a chill pill bale, take the hugest one.

23. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Got home an hour and a half ago. What a day!

When I first got to work, we pushed a trail through some fields. The wife drove while I walked and opened gates. The snow was post my knees in some places. Took us about 2 hours. I walked about a mile. Very tiring.

Then we had to give feed to some steers. I noticed one by himself eating in a feeder. I didn't pay much attention. Towards the end of the job, I decided to go send him down to the others. Well, turns out his head is stuck in between two small boards. Don't ask me how he got there!

So in the end, we had to rip the side off of the feeder and cut him out. It was very tight work. He kept trying to attack me when I was sawing. But he was finally free.

So then we had to feed the cows, which went pretty good. However, this was 7 PM and we usually are done that at 5 PM so you can see how far behind schedule we were. Good thing that big tractor has huge lights on it.

And then when we were done, me and the wife went up to the house at the farm site. Now, the people who live in the house are my bosses parents. So the wifes in-laws. They are typical old folks, but nice. We call them grandma and grampa. When we went into the house grandma had a thermos of hot chocolate and cookies waiting. I was absolutely froze solid. The entire time we were outside (2 PM when I got there till 7:30 PM) it was at LEAST -25*C or colder. The hot chocolate was soooooo good. And the cookies were nice.

Tomorrow should not be as hectic, though. So hopefully I will get out of there in good time to get home and eat before going to floor hockey.

So yeah, it was quite the day.

And by the wife I mean my bosses wife. He is gone to work right now in the oilfield, so technically she is the boss.

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, I was gonna say: they sure do marry you off young in the LLB. :p

25. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Lol yeah no kidding

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.