main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton What's up?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    I won't get married. I'll just date date date date date date date die. :D

2. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Good plan, though dating is off for me for a while anyway

3. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Well, this is creepy as it gets!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqi5F5MqqTQ

4. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah I actually watched that when I was a kid. Never thought about how weird it was till now

5. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I think the idea of Satan forming outside of a door like that would have been a cool storyline for an X-Files episode.

It would be creepy, just as that cartoon was.

6. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Well, the votes are in and LLB is getting a Multiplex. Hopefully we won't hear anymore about it until everyone realizes this town can't afford it and will be a huge disaster. :rolleyes:

7. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I dunno Jarett, I am from a farm town too and once it got built folks actually seemed to enjoy it. Now this isn't a cineplex or such but it actually id quite nice, I like seeing movie there more then here, prices are lower and the seat arms fold up so it's not hard to get comfortable

8. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I meant multiplex as in a giant building that has two ice rinks, and gym, running track, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Payments on this sucker will be $10K a DAY! Words cannot describe how much crap will hit the fan when this thing is built.

9. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    ahhh ok.. Wow sounds pretty huge

10. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    So as you all know I am a big hockey fan and I love the goalies. For years, I have wanted to play ice hockey goalie but could never really afford it. Finally, this winter I was able to get all my equipment and get my number to all the mens teams in LLB.

I sat ready for 5 weeks and finally last night at supper the phone rang. The "Mad Dogs" needed a goalie so of course I went. I got to town and headed to the rink. I packed my stuff in and was informed I was in the wrong town. So I had to make a 30 minute drive in 20 so I got it done in 15. :p

I had a BLAST! My team was a pretty good bunch of guys, and the game was very close. The final score was 14-11 (I didn't know the games were so high scoring!) for them, so I am 0-1 but I still had a great time as that game last night was 7 years in the making. I watched my first hockey game I was 10, and since that very day I wanted to be a goalie. Finally, 7 years later, I did it. A W instead of an L would have been nicer though. ;)

There were only 3 goals I want back. The first a guy was going around the net, and just as he went behind he threw it in front and it bounced off my D's skate and in. The second was a slapshot from the point that hit my pad, but somehow slid under it and went in. The third I want back, along with my whole team. A guy got a breakaway and I was successful in doing a poke check. The puck bounced behind, and he had time to get it, bring it back out, and poke it past me before my team mates were even in the zone to help. So, partially my fault for bad positioning, partially their fault for not getting back. Oh well. That stuff happens.

And when we shook hands I almost tripped when we were skating down the line. My mask flipped shut on me. :p Oh well, I am not the best at skating in my pads yet. And after I was offered lots of beer, but I figured I should pass this time.

Sorry for the long read, but it was so exciting and it is nice to share it with friends who knows how badly I wanted this. :)

11. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Great news buddy! Awesome to hear someone living out their dream. Good luck next game!

12. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Hey man great job, playing in a hobby for something you enjoy is always great to hear.

Don't dwell too much on looses or wins, If I could go back I'd probably have enjoyed playing football in high school for enjoyment rather then playoffs

13. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Thanks guys.

Didn't know you played football, Jay. What position?

14. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Defensive End and then moved to LineBacker

I had a habbit for jumping over the offensive line so that earned me the nick name 'Superman' :0..Yeah I was happy with it.

15. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Next year I am going to register before the season, that should guarantee I get on a team full time. :)

16. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    cool sounds good bro.

17. sithian_goddess_69

sithian_goddess_69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    whoa, that was intensely creepy, i mean who would make that as a cartoon for kids??

18. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Jay, I am itching to duel with our new sabers at the toy show.

No black marks! :D

19. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Oh Yeah!! I completely forgot. Wait till you see the new one I have plans for :)

20. sithian_goddess_69

sithian_goddess_69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    does anyone ever read my messages at all or am i ignored??? i get some feleing i am so yeah.

21. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    No we do, but the what's up thread is really just for chit chat. It's difficult because you live in Sask and were in Edmonton so alot of what we discuss we do as a group here and although hearing your imput is always welcome sometimes we don't always have responces to things is all.

22. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    ^^^ What he said.

Hmmm, I am intrigued. What are you going to do with it?

23. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm getting a Genesis Saber :)

Yeah Nicole=upset lol.

24. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Awesomeness! My Ultra Prophecy will stand up to the test.

25. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah so new Star Trek trailer is awesome!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.