main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton What's up?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
  2. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Me no want write poem.

3. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Do a limerick... those are easy.

There once was a girl from Nantucket... Um, I forget how the rest of it goes. :p

4. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    It has to be a poem for school. I am writing about my hate of snow.

5. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    While watching a movie, I ingested two Pepsi and a Coke, plus a glass of orange juice. I may be crazy......but me thinks I will have some serious stomach pain tomorrow morning.

6. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    yeah sounds right

7. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Just a little over a month till Transformers 2! :D

8. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    sweet deal!!!

9. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Have the toys started showing up yet? I want to get that big ass construction one. That is going to be MASSIVE.

10. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I've seen a few popping up yes

11. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Do you plan on getting any?

12. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    no I liked the movie and cartoon but was never into those toys

13. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I bought some from the first movie and I really liked them. As long as I can find the big Devastator, I will be happy.

14. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Yesterday the local community had a trail ride, and they asked me to come along to take photos. I accepted the offer. I knew it was going to be a blast. And a blast it was! I walked the whole 26 km, while everyone else was on a horse or horse drawn wagon. The only reason I did it is because they told me I couldn't do it. But I proved it for the fun.

We stopped at the 10 KM mark to have lunch along the river, and that is where me and my buddy Brent got into his whiskey LOL. Well, that is when the real fun started.

Oh, an later down the trail I met a cut blonde girl. I dunno, but it might have been my state of being that gave me the grapes to talk to her. She was not friendly at first, then she let loose and we had fun. Then back at the camp I was a little more myself and I got her number while stuttering on all my words. "C-c-c-can I have-have your num---nu----number?". :p

So the day went on, we had supper at the camp and I sold about $200 worth of pics. That was great. Some people took their pics on CDs, others I have to mail them.

But before I left, I had a bit more whiskey and then I was back at point A, or whatever I was at before on the trail. So I told the blonde next time she is in the area to give me a call and we would go down on the lake and drink and have a good old time. I don't know if she'll call though.

Then I got home, and had the awesome idea of going on some message boards. Well, you can guess how that went. Least I didn't come here, LOL. In the coming days I will share some of my pics as I got some AWESOME ones.

The whole day was an absolute blast. I am already excited for next year.

15. bratboy_y2k

bratboy_y2k Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2008
    never ask them to call, they never do, always get a number. equality in our society means the guys almost always has to make the moves and suffer the consequences if they arent interested. but hey if it works it can be great hehe

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Sounds awesome Jarrett. Good luck with the girl buddy ;)

17. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Hey that a boy.

I wouldn't say guys have the make the first move all the time. I haven't made the first move since high school.....might explain alot now that I think about it. Hmm. Anyway nice going bro.

18. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuVnAjSLK7c

I can't wait for this game, that has the best motion capture fighting I've seen

19. bratboy_y2k

Feb 24, 2008
    what happened to all the other people that used to come around??

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Um, things have kind of dropped off, but stick around. I have a post coming up about that.

21. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Lots of people have disappeared over the past year or two. We need a new big Star Wars movie to kick start the FanForce again. And Lucas can afford to do it just for that reason, LOL.

And here are my favorite pics from the trail ride. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=98191&id=550086851&l=36a4f723c4

22. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    People move on, some have other things going in their life, others just have things they don't do anymore or such. We try to meet up when we can but people...sometimes viewed as a good thing and sometimes as a bad thing change over time. Just the way of the world.

23. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Almost sharted myself yesterday. Got a bunch of Patrick Roy hockey cards in them mail and one of them was 1 of 1! For those who don't know, that means it is the only one made. From what I have heard, it is worth hundreds. I posted some pics on my Facebook. I am still in shock.

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    LOL Jarrett

25. bratboy_y2k

Feb 24, 2008
    yeah its true, groups always do better when their have stuff to do thats regular. I'm thinking a general scifi group with bigger numbers has a better chance of having events. Anybody wanna help me promote the facebook scifi group?

As for the card will you sell it or keep it? I had a similar find twice last year, kept one and sold one. Made a mint hhehehehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.