main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton What's up?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    For sure. That's the idea I had with fanforce was just to open it up to all the sci-fi geeks in Edmonton, but I do know to maintain these boards we need to have a few more official events this year or we could be disbanded by the powers that be. [face_worried]

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    TO keep the fanforce going you don't need "official events" for say. All you guys need to do is have meetings.The fanforce is not an event group like what the 501st and RL do, they are costume groups and are not a social fan group. Start promoting your group as Star Wars Fans and keep is casual. Thats what we have done down here and we are still growing. Talk to everybody and anybody who is interested in Star Wars or sci-fi. Give them a card and tell them to come out to a meeting. Put up posters at comic shops and collectible stores to try to promote your group. Have the poster point to your website and have the meeting info on the site telling everybody about the group and where the next meeting will be held.

We get together once a month at a community room and just talk star wars and other sci-fi or comics. But the main focus is Star Wars (be it toys, minis, comics, clone wars, costumes). Just make sure to stress it s a social group and not a costume group. Costuming scares some people away as they are not into that. Sure lots of us down here do it but we stress that we are not a costume group.

Good Luck.

3. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    I am hanging on to it for a while. Which ones did you score?

4. JerreyRough

JerreyRough Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2009
    Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone for quite a while, been doing other stuff. Just the usual stuff, like homework, work, games, and hanging out.

Although I have been working on my web site and blog

One game to look out for in the next year is Jumpgate Evolution; twitch-based space combat in a MMO world. Trailer.

EDIT: Hmm. An AT-AT Boom box? Hope it walks! :p

[image=http://www.zen77990.zen.co.uk/atat/3a1.jpg]

5. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I wish that were real, LOL.

6. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Nice work Jerry,

We do have meetings but I've noticed that Calgary seems much more open and socialble then Edmonton(and I can make that claim as I wasn't born or raised here)

But we do what we can, I'm sure the edmonton fan force will perk up again sometime. There are plenty of fans here in the capital city but few are intrested in going to meetings to discuss things oddly enough.

7. sithian_goddess_69

sithian_goddess_69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    hello people so i was sent home early because i wasn't feeling so awesome today so i got time to actually pack things label and do alot of things before i get picked up by my dad. its going to be swell but i shall sleep first. ugh. bubye.

8. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I have a sudden urge to re-watch the LOTR movies.

9. bratboy_y2k

bratboy_y2k Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2008
    Wasn't a card I bought a camera for a few bucks and sold it for 280 times more than i paid. I was massivly happy about that one. I know where there are a few moner but the guy wants much more and the market has dropped so it would be really hard to replicate, but I will try.

10. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Is anyone else having trouble with Telus and their website? I can't add any money to my phone. They have been having technical difficulties for the past 4 days. :rolleyes:

11. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Woo hoo! Revenge of the Fallen tomorrow! :D

12. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah me and soem work buds are seeing it after were done tomorrow, pretty stocked...dissapointed that Gi Joe doesn't look great

13. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I am going to see it tomorrow night. I was going to go tonight, but I am putting up some shelves in my room and it is a complete mess. I wanted to have that all cleaned up before I come up to the city.

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Seen it. Saw it. Yes! Go see it!

Totally reminded me of the saturday morning cartoon, with the cheeze and the plot and everything. I felt like a little kid, sitting in my boxers at 10am, eating my froot loops.

15. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeash I liked it not as much as the first but it was a good sequel. Berx has a paoint and Deceptacons get PRIMED!!!

16. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I liked it. Lots of mindless violence. :D

17. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    G'day guys. So is the Transformers sequel worth going to see? Haven't seen it yet! :)

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yes, definitely. In IMAX if you can. There's an extra 4 minutes of footage.

19. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    No way! What happens in the extra footage?

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    It's supposed to be action scenes... y'know the important stuff ;)

21. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Well, on that recommendation, I'll definitely be going to see it sometime! :D

22. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I might check it out again tomorrow

23. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I saw some pictures of the Devastator figure, and a video review. It is a total letdown. It looks very cheap, poor paint application and some of the parts, including the legs, are hollow. It was very disappointing to see this, as I was really looking forward to getting this one. Not any more.

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003

That's too bad Jarrett.

Anybody have any ideas for a summer event? I'm completely open to ideas here, so if anyone has any ideas speak up

25. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    well right now looking at new cars and phones so I'm out till I get those done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.