main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's with those Ewok movies?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by slimybug, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    I seriously doubt they were major motion pictures in theaters, so I'm asuming they were either direct-to-video, or msade-for-TV. i watched these when I was abot 3, and all I can remember are faint images of a giant monster killing Ewoks while a human family excapes. What are they about, and where can I rent them.

2. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Both were made for television. However the first one, THE EWOK ADVENTURE, was released in theaters overseas under the title CARAVAN OF COURAGE.

Both were released on video, but are since out of print. Video stores may still have them for rent, however. I have the first film recorded off of TV from its premiere, so I've seen it hundreds of times. But the second, THE BATTLE FOR ENDOR, I've only seen bits and pieces of.

Rick McCallum said that Lucas would like to eventually bring them to DVD as well.

3. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    abc aired them in 84 and 85 i think.

4. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I have seen both... My video rental place has them. I love these movies. There was a rumor that they were comming to DVD.

5. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    They were aired here in Norway on Canal + last year along with the Star Wars films. But stupid me, didn't realize the importance and didn't watch them... :_|

6. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    I've never really seen the first film, but the Battle For Endor I think was pretty good. You see, these monster-like things called Marauders (who at one point got stranded on Endor and are very stupid) terrorize the Ewok Village (It's on the ground not in the trees, and I believe this movie takes place b4 ROTJ -so that's an explanation)and kill this little girl's parents. Also, they take the Ewoks captive and lock them up in their castle. Anyway, the little girl, Cindel, teams up with Wicket and they escape the Marauders. They happen upon an old guy named Noa, and, through a series of adventures, they free the Ewoks and defeat the Marauders.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, the Ewok films aired in Sweden on Canal+ a couple of years ago aswell. The first one had some cool aspects (the big wolf thing and the giant Gorax) but was all-in-all a pretty bad film! The second one is quite good, and I've seen many times! There is a quite cool battle at the end ("The Battle for Endor") and all!
    I have both films on vhs (the first one recorded from tv, and the second I bought at a local video-store), and I'm proud of it ;)

ps. Just found out that a friend of mine have all the episodes of the Ewok Cartoon on vhs aswell! I've gotta copy those tapes! :)

Have a nice day//TCF

8. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    Bad bad movies.. they even seemed bad when i was like 10

9. Myaha

Myaha Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I just love them and their story... the Towani's stranding on Endor, the war against the Sanyassan "Marauders" and of course: Charal, the Dathomirian Nightsister... seeing a forcewitch in action is soooooooo sweet :D

10. ACloneWhoIsDifferent

ACloneWhoIsDifferent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2003
    ewoks so funy

is this movie considered eu or regular movie idk

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    EU, possibly PU.

12. ACloneWhoIsDifferent

ACloneWhoIsDifferent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2003
    PU LOL
    ps what does that mean

13. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    P*ss useless. Or that's what the Ewok movies were!

14. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    PU LOL
    ps what does that mean

It's what it sounds like, I don't think it stands for anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.