Edmonton What's your beef?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LDS_JEDI Jedi Master

star 1
    Leia: "I am not a committee!"

Sorry.. couldn't resist!
  2. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    THIS IS F%C*ING DISGUSTING!.

What the hell is wrong with you people?. Is this a fan group of friends or people that have nothing better to do then sit around and wait for someone to post again so we can flame eachother?.

Berx I know ya meant well here but I think you'd better do some clearing up cause ya seriously pissed alot of people off.

Seriously disapointed with you people

I also suggest pulling this thread before anyone takes things the wrong way.

3. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Okay...

The quote function sucks... [face_frustrated]

Mark said:

Ok this brings up the question of what do you deem as an official fan force event?

Perhaps we can work on the definition of that at the next General Meeting, but I should think any event that requires planning and that goes through the boards (say, if it has its own thread)

Shawn said:

This thread is for open communication... not a flame war.

Yup, that brings me to another point, but I'll get to that later. :)

Liann said:

um berx you didn't post any reasons why you thought John would be a better cr than the rest of us, just why we wouldn't be.

i'd just like to say in defense of myself, that i can have a take charge attitude and can make decisions, i just haven't because i'm not in charge, its not my place too be making decisions for the group but when needed to i do step up. if i was i would have, and i'd like to say that the comment about my shift work was a low blow and a lame reason, i come out to everything, i've maybe missed a few games night due to work but other than that i never miss an event.

I don't quite know where we got our lines crossed, but I didn't intend for the statement about your shift work to be an insult. Please understand that if I worked strange hours (and I may yet) that I would take myself out of the running were I interested in the position.

I also stated that you would make a decent CR, but that may have been an understatement. You would make a really great CR, but from what I've seen and going on what I know about you (which isn't really much) I am guessing that you would tend to be more reserved. I have no doubt that you have leadership potential, and to be honest, if I absolutely couldn't have voted for John, I would have nominated you in a second. You're the fairest, most rational, and most level-headed of all of us. You've treated everyone in this fanforce with respect, no matter what, and I honestly appreciate that quality in people. :)

Liann also said:

perhaps a better way of approaching it might be to tell us why you think John should be CR as opposed to why everyone else shouldn't be (i know i'm repeating myself from my other post) I really don't think your going to win over anyone to your way of think by telling all of us why we wouldn't do a good job of being CR,

That's more than fair, and I should have included that reasoning in my post, but I also felt it was important to communicate why none of us (and I included myself there) would make a good CR.

I think John made/makes an excellent CR because of the fact that without him, this fanforce likely wouldn't exist. He was the motivating factor in the early days, and he would do anything to get an event in the works. Without him, I likely wouldn't have started coming to events, because back before I had my own car he would drive me to and from events. He earned my trust early on as someone I could deal with honestly and rationally, and we've had our differences in the past, but we're still friends despite it. I appreciate that, because where I come from, if you cross someone, then that's it.

He remained a large motivating factor in the FanForce, up until life started hurling crap his way more than a year ago. These were things I personally knew about since I was his roommate at the time. Factor in that he's only human, and the events of the past would get anyone down, and the fact that no one actually communicated the issues they had with his leadership, and I think he deserves a lot better than he got from the group.

Change is good, if the new CR doesn't do a good job then they can always be replaced but at least give someone the chance before judging weather they will do a good job or not.

Thing of it is, who really wants the job? At the meeting, as I recall, Terry was the only one who raised a hand when John flat-out asked if anyone wanted the job. Look at how messy this whole process has been. Can you picture going through that every year?

Mark sa
  4. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I believe I've cleared things up quite well with my latest post.

The simple fact is, if I pissed people off, I apologize. That wasn't my intent, but I also felt that what I said needed to be said. If we don't talk about things here then me might as well all go our seperate ways and head off the break-up of this group, which I see coming pretty soon.

I won't name names, but people have left this group because it's too clique-ish and elitist and because it's always behind-the-back talk about "He did this, and he didn't do that".

If people take things the wrong way then they need to examine themselves. If you can't take constructive criticism (which is all I've offered on my part) then, well what are you doing in the adult world? [face_plain]
  5. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't see anybody "fighting". People are expressing their opinions to each other in an adult fashion. This is a good thing!

I have to agree 100% with what Berx has said regarding his reasoning for posting this thread. Communication is very important, and it is something the group has been lacking. As long as everybody remains mature and level headed, I don't see a thread like this becoming a problem. It will help us as a group in the long run, as it will allow us to get our thoughts and opinions out there and be able to discuss them like adults. We are all adults here, even those who aren't "legal" age are much more mature than their chronological age would lead you to believe.

That's just it. We have all been pulling our punches in case somebody "takes it the wrong way." We need to get stuff out there and talked about so that issues don't simmer and get worse than they need to be. Again, we are all adults, I am sure we can all conduct ourselves accordingly.
  6. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i hadn't realized we'd stopped being a fun group. last time i checked we still are, or maybe thats just me. I hadn't realized the new election was so badly affecting the group, maybe i'm just naive, but to me the meeting we had went really well, to be honest i was suprised how well it went, i was worried it might get nasty, but we brought everything to the table and discussed it. i was under the impression that the nominations were going smoothly. if there are others who think they aren't and its badly affecting the group i'd really be interested to hear that.

maybe its just me being stupid, but i didn't realise we had problems, i thought all the problems were addressed at the meeting. I thought we were being responsible adults and talking it out. You didn't bring any of these concerns up at the meeting, but perhaps these are new concerns you've had since we've had the meeting. Maybe what i'm trying to say is Berx is that you say your all about the communication and being open and honest but you barely said a word at the meeting in front of everyone about your concerns but you have no problem saying it on the boards.

i'm concerned that i get the impression from what you've posted that you feel the group is in such dire straits that you feel you might leave the group. i must be seriously blind because i didn't realize the group was so badly off. did everyone else think our group is on the verge of breaking up

Now onto the topic of John as CR. We were all very willing to have a vote to give him a second chance. He then decided he didn't want to go ahead with the vote because he didn't want to cause problems in the group and be the cause of any fighting between people. at that point we respected his decision and moved on. what did you want us to do otherwise? i know you still want him to be CR but he decided he didn't want to go ahead with the vote, I know John posted he still wants to be CR but what do we do about that? i guess thats the main thing that need to be addressed. What should we do.

7. Domino_Leia Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm um, I'm still confused.8-}
  8. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    i hadn't realized we'd stopped being a fun group. last time i checked we still are, or maybe thats just me. I hadn't realized the new election was so badly affecting the group, maybe i'm just naive, but to me the meeting we had went really well, to be honest i was suprised how well it went, i was worried it might get nasty, but we brought everything to the table and discussed it. i was under the impression that the nominations were going smoothly. if there are others who think they aren't and its badly affecting the group i'd really be interested to hear that.

We are a fun group, don't get me wrong, but when people are considering leaving (or have already left) because of our "clique"-ishness, then maybe there are some problems. The elections is affecting the group, as clearly demonstrated by all the posting going on here.

Yes, the meeting on Friday went well, or to be more correct, it could have gone way worse, but I'd say we still have some things that need work. It's obvious we still haven't nailed down what's going on with the CR position, if there's still this much talk about it.

maybe its just me being stupid, but i didn't realise we had problems, i thought all the problems were addressed at the meeting. I thought we were being responsible adults and talking it out. You didn't bring any of these concerns up at the meeting, but perhaps these are new concerns you've had since we've had the meeting. Maybe what i'm trying to say is Berx is that you say your all about the communication and being open and honest but you barely said a word at the meeting in front of everyone about your concerns but you have no problem saying it on the boards.

I did mention we had communication problems at the meeting, but when I brought it up, the subject was very quickly changed. I knew bringing it up further there might not have been much use, and here, on the boards everyone gets a chance to sound off. Not just the 5 of us who were there. It would be impossible to resolve a problem like this in one meeting.

i'm concerned that i get the impression from what you've posted that you feel the group is in such dire straits that you feel you might leave the group. i must be seriously blind because i didn't realize the group was so badly off. did everyone else think our group is on the verge of breaking up

I honestly do feel the group is in such straits, and no, it's not a new feeling. I had considered leaving the group back before my little sabbatical last summer, because I felt we were becoming too insular and inclusive (clique-y to be blunt). Once again, I won't name names, because it's not my place to say, but I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Now onto the topic of John as CR. We were all very willing to have a vote to give him a second chance. He then decided he didn't want to go ahead with the vote because he didn't want to cause problems in the group and be the cause of any fighting between people. at that point we respected his decision and moved on. what did you want us to do otherwise? i know you still want him to be CR but he decided he didn't want to go ahead with the vote, I know John posted he still wants to be CR but what do we do about that? i guess thats the main thing that need to be addressed. What should we do.

Well, we have some options there: One is to continue with nominating people and see who gets nominated and carry it to a vote from there, but if John wants the position I say we give him a vote of support/non-support, and maybe then if he's not supported by the EFF as a majority we can move on from there. That's personally what I'd like to see, but maybe others would disagree. We should decide together which way we'll go about doing this, I guess.

Now, I think I've said my piece, stated my opinions, and I think everyone knows where I sit when it comes to all of this.

Thank you for hearing me out, and thank you everyone for being rational about all of this. I know none of this is very easy to face.
  9. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    You guys want me to stop 'pulling punches' then I garuntee you you'll see something new.

Think hard on what you want

10. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    When John said pulling our punches he meant for us to be honest to each other. I've posted nothing duragtory about my fellow members. I've been respectful, and civil. So has everyone else who has posted here. There's no reason that has to change.

You are, of course, welcome to post too, if you have a problem with something here on the boards, or with the group. Just remember to keep it civil and respectful. :)
  11. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5

um there has only been posting about it today and only by a couple of people, i'd hardly go as far to say that that means the elections are affecting the group. i haven't seen anyone else post that they've had a problem with the elections.

how do you suggest we go about not being clicky. i'd really like to know if prior to all the posts today if anybody besides Berx thought our group was in trouble because i honestly didn't.

If John wants to change his mind about going ahead with the vote i'm fine with that as long as everyone is agreed that once the results are in that will be the end of it and we won't have to keep revisiting this issue. Berx will you be willing to go along with whatever is decided by the group whether it agrees with your view or not? Will you leave the group if the vote goes against John? i may be jumping to conclusions but your giving me the impression you don't want to be a part of the group unless we give John a chance, which i might add we were all very willing to have the vote and he declined it. I think its pretty much up to John if he wants to go ahead with the vote or not. it might have been better to bring this up before we started nominations.
  12. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    um there has only been posting about it today and only by a couple of people, i'd hardly go as far to say that that means the elections are affecting the group. i haven't seen anyone else post that they've had a problem with the elections.

You say a couple of people, but a couple of people is all that makes up this group, really... if there's a block of four or five people that feel a certain way about a certain thing then that's pretty much the majority. ;)

If John wants to change his mind about going ahead with the vote i'm fine with that as long as everyone is agreed that once the results are in that will be the end of it and we won't have to keep revisiting this issue. Berx will you be willing to go along with whatever is decided by the group whether it agrees with your view or not?

I cannot honestly say at this point whether I'll be sticking around one way or another. Either way I will always have at least some perepheral involvement, but that has nothing to do with this CR business. It has to do with our inability to communicate with each other. I've had enough behind-the-back-talk and gossip to do me for a lifetime, and I don't need that in my life. If we're able to resolve that issue, then we'll see. :)

I think its pretty much up to John if he wants to go ahead with the vote or not. it might have been better to bring this up before we started nominations.

I agree that could have been handled better, and I hate to sound like a broken record here, but that goes back to communication. If things had been communicated better than we could have avoided that, too.
  13. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I just wanted to clear up some things, so everyone knows where I stand:

Yes, I support John for CR. I think he'd to great at the job, etc, but that has nothing to do with my potentially leaving the group

It's not a matter of "Elect who I want, or I'm done" or "If you don't things my way, I'm outta here."

My main issue of contention, is, as I've stated the behind-the-back-talk and gossip, and lack of communcation in this group.

I grew up in a small community built on gossip! It's what the people here breathe, and because of it I become insular about this place. I don't associate with many people here (as in Enoch) anymore because of it. I started hanging out with people I met while I went to school and worked in the city, but because of my obsession with Star Wars I couldn't relate to them on that level, so when I found this group I was freaking thrilled, and I know things like this are going to happen in any group of people, but it's gotten to the point no where no one says anything to anyone about anything. Instead it's just gossip.

You guys may have noticed I'm fairly secretive, and I don't share a lot of info about me, or what I'm up to, or get too specific about me, and that's the reason why.

Now I know I'm only human and I've fallen victim to it, too... I have done what I hate most, but in general I try not to, and I find its easier to do when there's open communcation, and most of all trust in a group.

So, I've stated my intentions here. I hope I've made it clear why I started this thread.
  14. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope that this issue gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction because it makes me sad to see this happening on our boards.

Life is to short to waste arguing. We have so many exciting events coming up and fun things to look forward to.

Its the nature of the beast for people to not all have the same opinion. Just think what a sad world it would be if we all thought the same way?

Whenever there is a group of people, there will always be a difference of opinion. It dosen't matter whether it is in person or on the internet.
  15. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will type more later, but I have to go grab the kidlets... and I don't mean to pick on you Jay, but I wanted to respond to this... :)

There is a difference between being "honest" and being "brutally honest". You can still be discreet when being honest with somebody, and I think that is what Berx and I meant. :)

You are totally right, but I don't think people are "arguing". People are discussing their feelings in an open manner. There is a difference.
  16. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well Berx all i can say is we're trying to be more open and honest and i think we made a great start of it at the meeting and all we can really do is go from there and work on being more honest with others. i know you don't like all the behind the back talk and "gossip". But people need to be able to discuss things amongs themselves as well as on the boards. its a good way to work out frustrations and say what you feel in tone that might not be quite acceptable for the boards so you can then later approach it on the boards and openingly in a more toned down and acceptable manner, if not then people will start to cross the line and post being "brutally honest" rather than just honest and discreet. Sometimes our immediate reaction to something on the boards might be a little rash if you immediately post what your reaction is without waiting a while to calm down about it, talking it over with others in what could be called a "behind the back" way can help you see things more clearly and is a good way to vent frustration. its human nature to do so.

I 'm sure we're all going to try and be more open and honest but its not going to stop people discussing things privately as well. its just the way things are. i can only speak for myself but i'm sure we can all make more of an effort to communicate, these things take time and we've made a good start of it.

I know your trying to promote communication within the group with this thread and i'm all for that, but i must say i don't think your post about why everyone won't do a good job as cr did anything to bring this group closer, i know it caused me a lot of upset and i thought it brought a lot of negativity to the boards. We all know everyones short comings and strengths and it wasn't necessary to post them. i think it crossed the line between being honest and brutally honest. We are all adults and are capable of taking constructive criticism. I'm all about the open communication but that was too open. All you had to do was post why you thought John should be CR not why everyone else shouldn't. I know your working to make the group better and have us work out our problems but i think your post did the opposite of that and brought up a lot of negative feelings. So rather than moving in a better direction for the group i think it brought the group down.

So hopefully we can move forward and openly discuss what we want to do with the CR postion and not dwell on negativity. whats happened in the past happened we can't do anything about it, all we can do is try to move forward and resolve the issue which is what we seem to be doing.

17. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I agree 100%, but what was happening (I think anyways) is it was all "amongst themselves" and none "on the boards".

And you are right, the meeting and this thread is a perfect first step to rectifying that "lack of communication" issue... :)
  18. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok I personally think this thread was made just to stir crap up, I don't like it much. If ya got problems with people or issiues fine, maybe pm the person or talk to them instead of bringing it up and making nothing but a bigger problem out of a smaller one.

I'm done with it

elect who ya want, post what ya want I really don't care right now

no I don't do honest and brutal honest I tell the truth.

19. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I never said that we shouldn't be allowed to talk privately about our issues, but there's a difference between "I wanted to get your opinion on this matter" or "I want to vent my issues" and "Did you hear what that bastard said to me?" and it's a lot of the latter being said (maybe not phrased so eloquently).

I sought people's opinions on matters, to see if my anger was justified over an issue I may have had with someone else on the boards, or to see how I should respond. If it hadn't been for Shanna and other friends I would have flown off the handle a million times by now.

Okay, you said that my post crossed the line into being "brutally honest". I do not see how pointing out all of our flaws, when it comes to accepting a title on a forum as being "brutally honest". I included myself in that list as well, because even I can recognize my own shortcomings, and I could have been a lot more brutal to myself, because, unlike you guys, I know myself really well and I know all my shortcomings. What I'm trying to say, is that I kept the criticism constructive, I didn't flame, I didn't insult, and I made it a point to show how much I respected all of you.

If that level of honesty isn't acceptable, then I apologize, but I do need to speak my mind. Too long have I been silent about board issues, and if I hadn't kept my mouth shut for so long maybe our communication problem wouldn't have become this bad.

20. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    wasn't saying you were being brutally honest, was replying to john.

listing your own faults is one thing, having someone do it for ya is another and no you don't know all your shortcomings.

ask Terry and the others what they think some of them might be, I
    'm sure they had some time to talk about it after ya left them on the camping trip.

maybe communication shoulda helped there too

Leave thre past in the past and move on, john is not cr at the moment, were deciding ona new one, use the past as an example of how to move forward. If people think were too cliquish then fine, but we were all new at one point too, ya just have to hang around long enough to be a part of it, I aint changing how I hang out with my friends/group cause someone feels they may not fit on.

you all wanna sit here and argue over who is cr and who shouldn't be then fine have a hay day...but I highly doubt this is giving people who wanna join a great look at us,

I didn't ask what you thought of me, I didn't ask to be cr However I won't let a leader have a title and not lead. period.

If I were that unorganized I wouldn't be a deprartment supervisor with 4 managers under me at a major company that PAYS me to tell me what they think I need to improve on. I don't come to my hobby for a critique.

21. LDS_JEDI Jedi Master

star 1
    I came across a quote and I thought I would share it here....

"Our business in life is not to get ahead of others but to get ahead of ourselves."

I think that if we look at the quote and study it out we will find that it applies here to us as we are right now. Why do people come to the boards? To have fun, to learn, and to build friendships. Why do people share a common interest? People are more alike than they choose to admit and when we find one thing in another person that is similar to ourselves we gravitate to this. I would speculate that if we can find one thing of common ground, that we can find another.

Jay, I can see why you feel the way you do, but I can also feel the frustration that Berx is bringing forward.

If you read Shaak's posts you will find that he also has sincere feelings for the group. I could go one by one down the list of people I've come to know (to a point) on these boards and offer something positive.

I think as do most of you that we need to communicate. Perhaps that is possible here in this thread but at the moment its not working too well. Why? Well perhaps there are too many topics in this thread. Looking back it began as a tool... a device to clear your head and take some weight off our shoulders through civil and adult discussion. The Election is a very sensitive issue and thus it cropped up. The issues that arose between Mark and I were not by any means a fight. I chose to post in a general manner about things I am frustrated about, Mark was the first to respond in such a way that sparked further discussion, though, he too is under incredible stress.

I think each of us are excellent and good people. Each of us hold unique strengths and each of us a flawed which allows us to either build an amazing community or destroy each other. The quote again is thus:

"Our business in life is not to get ahead of others but to get ahead of ourselves."

Once we can see that it is not our focus to get ahead of each other but to make ourselves better and contribute to the group... I think we will see a strong bond form.

One thing that is difficult online and in forums or on boards is the lack of true emotion. While reading this you cannot tell if I am smiling or crying, and the limited scope of "faces" do not offer a true representation of how I feel. I could :D and be soaking my keyboard in tears. I doubt anyone here on the Edmonton FanForce harbours thoughts towards another that are intended to be hurtful. Yet there is so much tension in this thread.

I admire each of you for different reasons, I look up to each of you for different reasons, and I am frustrated with many of you for my own reasons. I admit that many of my frustrations are my own and have been built on misunderstandings and a lack of true interaction. Thus to be fair, my frustrations are my own and I really didn't want to flood them here since I know they wouldn't be seen for what they are... not with the limitations of the online experience that I can offer.

That said...

I think the election stuff should stay in the election thread, and I think each of us needs a time out to clear our minds... It does us no good to carry on this way... what I see in this thread is the same as if all of us met up at West Edmonton Mall and stood in a group as close to "nose-to-nose" as possible and yelled at each other... now imagine the people outside that mess... would they want to join us or not?

Folks, to quote a great Jedi Master "We're smarter than this!" -Obi-Wan Kenobi (while standing inside the ray shields)
  22. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I just have two simple comments.

This thread is very repetitive and becoming too complex. It would be a lot more beneficial for everyone to get together in real life and talk about this in open discussion.

Second it's been brought up a few times but never really addressed that the FF is clique-ish and elitist. I don't see that at all and have never seen an example where certain members were excluded from events unless there was an age restriction. Could someone please clarify that?

Jays thoughts that he keeps berating me with that I keep telling him to post or get out directly but that he feels is futile because he thinks it will just go in one ear and out the other. . . .

1 - Berx keeps talking about open communication and how it's important but he's acting like a hypocrit. He himself never brought up the issues at the meeting when he should have. He says he tried and then hid behind the excuse that others changed the subject. It doesn't take anything to change it back if it's that important but it's just easier for him to do it on the boards where he doesn't need to be assertive or raise his voice.

Where was your open communication when you took off in the middle of the night on the forcefest camping trip and abondoned everyone leaving it to them to haul all of the crap back on their own?

2 - Yeah John made a good CR in the past but that was in the past. For the past year he's been slipping and passing off responsibility to the rest of us. I get that he encouraged the group to do things of their own accord but he never shows up to anything and uses his kids as an excuse when most of the events are kid friendly and it wouldn't be too taxing to bring them.

3 - Jarrett and Kyla, I appreciate that you have input but you haven't really been part of the group long enough to have a full idea of what's going on with the history here. It explains why she's confused (don't worry about it). And Jarrett wants to keep the peace but the point of the thread is to get it out so that's what we're doing.
  23. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Berx never said he was perfect. That is simply one instance of something he is trying to correct.

No offence, but until you actually HAVE kids, you can in no way, shape, or form possibly have any inkling nor imagine how "taxing" it is to bring them anywhere. ;) Whether the event is "kid friendly" or not. As far as using them as an "excuse"; I have them less than half of the time in their lives. If I decide that I would rather spend that time playing with them in the park or coloring with them or playing road hockey instead of bringing them to the mall or other places and basically spending all my time chasing them and having to keep an eye on them and keeping them out of trouble, then that is my choice. Now that they are older it is easier to bring them places, but for the most part before it really isn't much fun to take them places where it isn't a "controlled" environment like McD's Playplace or something similar. We discussed this at the meeting, and came to some good conclusions about it. I.E. People have no problem having meetings at McD's instead of Chapters so that I can attend on nights that I may have the kids. In addition, I have gotten, specifically from people, that they have 100% no problem helping me keep an eye on the kids if we are somewhere. This will allow me to bring them to more things, if I choose to. :)

24. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    On June 29th, I will have been here 1 year. I see you joined May 05 Mark, only a month before me. So it is weird saying that I don't know what is going on.

I do have sincere feelings for the group, I am home schooled. I do not have many friends besides you guys (I have one, but he dosen't really like Star Wars, Dinosaurs, or LOTR anymore:p).

I know it is to let things out, but it seemed to me that is was getting out of hand. But you guys say it is all good so continue debate........
  25. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Jason said:

listing your own faults is one thing, having someone do it for ya is another and no you don't know all your shortcomings

I was talking about our shortcomings as potential CR's. Not as people. Stop trying to see everything I said in the most negative possible light.

ask Terry and the others what they think some of them might be, I
    'm sure they had some time to talk about it after ya left them on the camping trip.

maybe communication shoulda helped there too

I'm not going to go into what happened that weekend. It was deeply personal, and it was something that resulted in me, my parents and my sister disowning an entire branch of my family, but that doesn't matter. I had my reasons for leaving like I did, and I had explained why I left and why I could take nothing in my car. I have nothing to justify about this.

Terry's also welcome to her opinion of me, as I am of her.

Leave thre past in the past and move on, john is not cr at the moment, were deciding ona new one, use the past as an example of how to move forward.

John is still CR at the moment. He has the colours and everything.

I aint changing how I hang out with my friends/group cause someone feels they may not fit on.

That's your prerogative.

you all wanna sit here and argue over who is cr and who shouldn't be then fine have a hay day...

I'm not arguing. I've stated my support for John and I've left it at that. I feel he should have gotten better treatment than he did, and I've stated how I felt we should vote on this. That's my opinion on the matter. As I've stated before, my main concern is over the lack of communication on our part.

I didn't ask what you thought of me, I didn't ask to be cr However I won't let a leader have a title and not lead. period.

If I were that unorganized I wouldn't be a deprartment supervisor with 4 managers under me at a major company that PAYS me to tell me what they think I need to improve on. I don't come to my hobby for a critique.

I will admit that disorganized was a poor choice of words.

I have to say on the part of LDS that was very well said.

Mark said:

1 - Berx keeps talking about open communication and how it's important but he's acting like a hypocrit. He himself never brought up the issues at the meeting when he should have. He says he tried and then hid behind the excuse that others changed the subject. It doesn't take anything to change it back if it's that important but it's just easier for him to do it on the boards where he doesn't need to be assertive or raise his voice.

Where was your open communication when you took off in the middle of the night on the forcefest camping trip and abondoned everyone leaving it to them to haul all of the crap back on their own?

From the tone of meeting I knew bringing it up again would be futile. You weren't there, Mark, so you wouldn't know, and as John said, I never said I was perfect, but I want you all to consider this:

Before the ForceFest trip last year I had bent over backwards for this group, keeping it together at time I could have dedicated to more school work, or my other friends, or even family. That's when John decided I should be given the title I have in recognition for those efforts. I rarely let the group down and I always came through for events. I even got the ball rolling on ForceFest by paying out of my own pockets for the first one, and no, I didn't expect to be hoisted up on your shoulders and hailed as a saint for it. I just wanted to head out to Jasper and have a good time with my friends, and not have them worry about the how, when, where of getting out there. I had hoped that from that it would become an annual thing, and thankfully, it did. Now because of the aforementioned personal problems (and because no one had been feeding my dog) I decided it would be best to head off an arugment, and leave early that morning. I said my goodbyes, and I left. There was fall-out, which I dealt with, and I had thought would be forgott
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.