main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton What's your beef?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I wasn't going to touch this travesty with a ten foot pole but for the sake of my ego, one thing has to be addressed.
    Berx, I really thought I had sent a reply to that PM you mentioned. I know I typed it as I can still remember parts of it. I cannot however find it and can only imagine I deleted it before I could send it. As I recall it was quite snarky, and I must have chose to spare your feelings rather than send it. (An example of when the truth would do more harm than good).
    I also think that is a perfect example of your hypocrisy in this thread. It has obviously bothered you enough that you feel the need to bring it up so far down the road, and yet it was never mentioned again until you needed ammunition against me.

2. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I don't think Berx brought it up as "ammunition" against anybody; that was simply a situation that lacked communication that he remembers.

Everybody seems to be jumping on Berx regarding this whole lack of communication issue. I have never seen him say that he has been innocent of it either, he simply brought it up as an issue he sees as being a problem. Nowhere have I seen him say "everybody else is terrible at communication, but I have never had a problem with it." You can still bring up an issue even if you have had problems with it as well I would think. Otherwise nobody would ever be able to bring anything up, because nobody is perfect.

3. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Ok I know some of you where hurt by some of the things said in this thread I was one of them. But I am one to forgive and forget and go on with other thing. I know for some you it may be harder but we as friends and as a group must get past all of this.

You all know I like you and love you all but we all need to work this out OK are you all hearing me now WORK IT OUT .

Love banana

4. LDS_JEDI

LDS_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2006
    I am starting to wonder if this thread is less of what I was lead to believe it is (A way to allow anyone to address an issue that rubs them the wrong way) and more of a vehicle for personal agenda.

I could be wrong. though it does seem to continually swing around to the same topics over and over... almost to the point of someone saying "Oh get a room would ya?"

*OFF TOPIC*

GeekGirl.. I noticed you haven't updated your signature line.. its been 88 days for awhile now.. how is your days without a smoke going? I for one have been cheering you on.. though not on the boards and more in personal prayer. I hope you are holding out as it is a nasty addiction to quit.

5. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    I agree, go Terry! It must have been much more than 100 days by now.:)

6. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I haven't been checking it as much the last little while, I hit 100 days on the 22nd. Cool! Thanks guys, in some way's it's harder and in others way easier. :)

7. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Terry said:

Berx, I really thought I had sent a reply to that PM you mentioned. I know I typed it as I can still remember parts of it. I cannot however find it and can only imagine I deleted it before I could send it. As I recall it was quite snarky, and I must have chose to spare your feelings rather than send it. (An example of when the truth would do more harm than good).

You should have sent it. A reply, any address of the issue at all would have been preferable than just shoving it to the side. And you're welcome to your opinion of me, but where not replying or sending a "snarky" (that's a word I hear a lot of on these boards) reply would have been fine as a private member, it would have been a poor choice for a CR to make. That's all I was trying to point out.

John said:

Everybody seems to be jumping on Berx regarding this whole lack of communication issue.

That's about how I feel about all of this. Now, I know you're all entitled to opinions of me, and you're all entitled to be angry with my post, otherwise I'd be a hypocrite for bringing it up, and not being able to take the heat from it.

I understood I angered everyone I posted about. That wasn't my intent, but what's done is done. I just wish you all could see past the "He said this about me", and see what I was trying to express. You're all decent, upstanding people, and all I did by that post was to make a point. I didn't post saying "You're all ****ing idiots!". I didn't flame. I made a point. The day you're not allowed to do that, while you might as well live in China.

I know some of you see me as meek, reserved... shy, even. But the lack of honesty and trust here made me want to do something... to say something if I was to continue here. So I did that. Now I'm a pariah. Well, that's fine too, because I was willing to pay that price for something I believe in doing.

I truly, and sincerely apologize for angering anyone. As I said, that wasn't my intent. I respect and value all of you, as people.

8. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    okay here is a little song for you my lovies....

you are all taking this way too seriously and i agree that you are being a wee bit hard on Berx. The way he words things can be a little insensitive and can be taken the wrong way, but you should know that he would not hurt anyone intentionally.... i know that you all will figure this out, everything will be just fine.

Just one thing, John i am also a single parent w kids, and quite honestly even when i was married i was mostly a single parent with kids, involving them in events is indeed taxing, but also very rewarding for you and for them. Phillipe (now 10) has been involved in fandom and cons since before he was a year old, and he is very happy about it, i think you may be underestmating yourself and your children.

now as promised a song, please take the time to read it, i have had it in my head since this all started.....

Pet Shop Boys. "Yesterday, When I Was Mad"

Darling, you were wonderful, you really were quite good
    I enjoyed it, though, of course, no one understood
    A word of what was going on, they didn't have a clue
    They couldn't understand your sense of humour like I do

You're much too kind
    I smiled with murder on my mind

Yesterday, when I was mad
    And quite prepared to give up everything
    Admitting, I don't believe
    In anyone's sincerity, and that's what's really got to me

You have a certain quality, which really is unique
    Expressionless, such irony, although your voice is weak
    It doesn't really matter 'cause the music is so loud
    Of course it's all on tape, but no one will find out

You hated me too
    But not as much as I hated you

Then, when I was lonely
    I thought again
    And changed my mind

Then we posed for pictures with the competition winners
    And argued about the hotel rooms, and where to go for dinner
    And someone said: "It's fabulous you're still around today,
    You've both made such a little go a very long way"

Then, when I was lonely
    I thought again
    And changed my mind

so there you are, i love ya all and miss you teribly,
    kissies

9. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I am quite saddened by the recent turn of events, and I am not sure what my future with the FanForce is going to be. You can take that as you will, but I can assure you I am not sulking and "taking my ball and going home" so to speak.

I guess I am really hurt by the fact that those who I have done so much for, and whose needs I have put before my own needs time and again, and who have never had me say "no" when they asked me for help or for anything within my power to do, and those who I counted as my "friends", would turn their back on me the one time that I asked for their help, the one time that I asked for them to do something for me.

That is what upsets me the most.

10. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    To be honest,

We HAVE done things for you, but you have to accept that change happens. Doesn't mean ya can't run again in the future. There has been things you've done for this group.....but so have other people, and you've had 2 years to enjoy this position and others who jhave doen things for this group as well now get a chnce to see if it's something they enjoy just like the next time, others who may waan try can take a look and see if they'd like to try it.

But if your doing so much for this group then stay with it and show us, it's only been the last few events that you've coem out to....is it to show ya wanan be cr or just coem out?, I don't know, not really my concern. My concern is the growth and genreal feelings of this fan force, not it's leader, could be berx, terry , shanna or jarrett that leads the thing, but if the members feel as a whole that the leadership is not where it should be, then yeah I am gonna perhaps see if anyone else wnats to give it a shot.

If you feel that you can't continue with the group then that's your descion, I've made that 1 time too, but ya weigh what you would be happier doing.

If ya you measure into is how much stuff you've doen for us and why would we choose a different leader because of that then you7 need to look back at the whole bigger picture, I didn't get elected, does that mean I'm going to stop doing things for those who probably didn't vote for me?. no

I care about the group too. Sometimes choices get made, soemtimes we like it, sometimes we don't. I perfer you to stay. But the choice is yours

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.