main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's your favorite duel in PT? (list provided)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by mrfootball, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    Episode One:

1. Qui-Gonn vs. Darth Maul
    2. Qui-Gonn + Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul

Episode Two:

3. Dooku vs. Anakin + Obi-Wan + Yoda

Episode Three:

4. Dooku vs. Anakin + Obi-Wan
    5. Obi-Wan vs. Grievous
    6. Palpatine vs. Mace Windu
    7. Yoda vs. Palpatine
    8. Obi-Wan vs. Vader
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pick you favorite duel of each movie and explained why... course, on AotC there's not much of a choice. Then pick your overall favorite.

Episode One:
    #2 I like this duel because it is the best choreographed and action packed. It's the most exciting of any duel in the saga.

Episode Two:
    #3 (Naturally) The only redeeming quality behind this battle is Yoda's part!

Episode Three
    #8 Do I need a better explanation? The camera and CGI are best. It's good, good, good! It does fall short of expectations, slightly, because it is too tight.

The Best Overall Duel in the Prequel Trilogy (for me) is...

The Duel Of Fates!!! I'm staying loyal to my all time fave, regardly if Episode three is out!

Strilo edit: I decided this was a good idea for a poll. :)

2. BarbequedMaceWindu

BarbequedMaceWindu Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    Episode I: Obi vs Maul. The choreography was superior to the Qui Gonn portion of the battle. Also, the shock value of seeing Darth Maul split into two pieces as he/they fell.

episode II: Anakin vs Dooku. That's the one I wanted to see. I wanted to see what Ani could do and it was alright especially the duel saber moment. Yoda was disappointing for me. He moved so quick that any elegance the choreography may have had was lost. Plus Dooku spelling everything out for the audience was sooo annoying. "Our knowledge of the force is equal. That is to say, par. I can't beat you with the force and neither can you with me. Since we can't beat each other with the Force let me grab my blade to we can settle this with our lightsabers. Because we might not be on par there." That's overdoing it but that's what it sounded like to me.

episode III: Dooku vs Anakin. I waited 3 years to see Anakin get his revenge and this one did not disappoint. The choreography was quick and sharp. Dooku's execution was simply awesome. Not his execution of the moves but his actual execution. That part of my DVD will be worn out. Ani vs Obi was great but they keep cutting to Sidious and Yoda so that there was no sense of flow to the battle.

3. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005
    Qui-gon vs. Darth Maul. Jedi Swordsmanship at it's finest.

4. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    My favourites of the PT are the obi wan vs anakin duel and the Qui Gonn , Obi Wan vs Darth Maul Duel.

5. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    Episode One: Qui-Gon/Obi vs Maul
    Episode Two: Dooku vs Yoda
    Episode Three: Obi Wan vs Ani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.