main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What's your favorite little moment or detail in CT?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    Rootleaf stew.
    I would not mind having a bowl.
    I don't know. The stew adds to the warmth of Yoda's hut. Like clothes just out of the dryer.

2. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I'm weird. Ever since I first saw it, I get goose pimples when the first rebel transport clears the Imperial blockade of Hoth in ESB .. a combination of the score, the special effects and the fact that this little bitsy ship manages to escape.

3. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I was reminded of a little moment between Leia and Darth Vader in the carbon freezing chamber. When Han calms Chewbacca down after he throws stormtroopers around, there are a couple of shots of Leia giving Vader a cold look as he just looks on proudly.
    I also like how indifferent Vader Here is the most intense situation in the movie, and Vader is indifferent about him dying in the freezing process, 3PO is making insensitive remarks about whether or not Han survived, and the ugnaughts are just admiring their work.

4. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Look at the stairs behind Palpatine. The second step from the bottom, to the right. You'll see a small flickering blue light. Guess what that is. :D

5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Go on tell me, I'm not sure what you mean. Is it meant to be his reflected lightning?

6. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I believe it is! :D

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    R2D2 sounds as he rolls through the canyon up till the Jawas get him.
    I can close my eyes and hear it.
    The whirrr of his motors. His little brrtbop noises. Rocks falling. Uh oh.
    Jawas whispering.
    UTINNI!
    Whirrr, wirrwiir tutuptup.
    Creak. Waaa clunk.

I've probably got that wrong.
    I don't need the video. It's just a perfect sound composition.

Toddy, Chancellor Yoda, TX-20 and 2 others like this.
  8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Great thread!

My personal fav would be the sound of the Slave 1!

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    In ANH, after tossing Captain Antilles (or whoever it's supposed to be) against the wall, Darth Vader turning to the stormtroopers and saying: "Commander, tell this ship apart until you find those plans and bring me any passengers. I want them alive."

It's not what he says, but how he says it: it's the kick-*** Darth Vader that makes his reputation, not the Anakin-Vader of post-Bespin TESB (where he lets Piett live despite the Falcon escaping) and later.

Chancellor Yoda and TX-20 like this.
  10. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    The look on the emperors face and the way he says "I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational"

He is so happy to burn luke and the audience is like this guy is frickin twisted! Haha

11. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    A similarity between the Fetts in II and V.
    Coleman Trebor goes to confront Darth Tyranus when Jango Fett blasts him. Here, he protects a Sith.
    Chewbacca confronts two stormtroopers in the chamber when Boba Fett raises his carbine rifle at the Wookiee when Darth Vader stops him. Here, he goes to protect a Sith. Boba Fett's intention was to protect Darth Vader and Fett is very triggerhappy in this film.
    :D

12. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    In TESB when Boba Fett tells the Bespin Guards to put Captain Solo in the cargo hold, as there putting Captain Solo in the cargo hold?

If I was one of the Bespin guards I would have said, OH! You want us to put this cargo into the cargo hold? Okee Dokee skip! Thank you Captian Obvio...er Boba Fett!

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Maybe Fett thought the guards were dumb enough to put Han in the pilot seat. After all, they're just guards.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  14. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Or in one of those prisoner bunks that we see in the cutaway of Slave 1 in the Incredible Cross Section books.

15. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014

[​IMG]
    This reminds of the scene from "Something Something Dark Side."
    Boba Fett: "Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold."
    Guard: "Duh!"

SateleNovelist11 and Andy Wylde like this.
  16. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    Yeah I forgot about the Family Guy episodes. But that scene always had me going, Like where else would you that CARGO? I always thought it was funny.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The snakes on Dagobah. I love how Yoda is living in harmony with them.

Masks as a symbol of evil. Vader, Stormtroopers, TIE pilots, and Boba all wear masks, making them seem less human.

18. Encuentro

Encuentro Jedi Master star 2

Aug 8, 2013
    Leia staring down Vader in the carbon room. It's not necessarily my favorite moment, but it's one of those subtle underrated moments that I just love, the look of animosity in Leia's eyes and Vader looking back at her as if he is acknowledging her animosity toward him. It's a brilliant artistic moment and one of the many reasons why Empire is my favorite Star Wars film and one of my favorite films of all time.

19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I actually think that TPM's reveal that Vader built C-3PO improves the "e chu ta" scene. If Vader built C-3PO, maybe he built E-3PO as a replacement. This would mean that C-3PO is meeting his brother.

PCCViking likes this.
  20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

That begs the question: does Vader know that's Threepio that's on Chewbacca's back? I would think Threepio wouldn't be the only protocol droid with a gold exterior.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I think it's a way of showing that they're hiding something. The soldiers and TIE fighters are functioning as tools of the Empire, not individuals as they would be in a fledgling Rebellion. Vader is hiding who he is, and Boba Fett is using mystique to give himself an edge over his prey. Plus, Fett seems to view himself more as a bounty hunter and as the best hunter and assassin of the galaxy. He doesn't really see himself as Jango's son or even that emotional until later on in the EU when he reassesses his life. But, yeah. I would agree. The masks are evil symbols in a sense.

Yeah, and I always liked that Yoda was living in harmony with snakes. He's such a great Jedi. :) My favorite little detail would have to be either Palpatine's cloak being both a cape and a coat at the same time. I also like Leia's outfits in TESB and especially ROTJ. Um...let's see. I also like how the helmets of the Death Star landing operators look like Darth Vader's helmet.

22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I like the glimpse of Vader sitting alone at that dining room table right before Lando brings in Han and company. Interesting to see Vader in the context of such a mundane moment. I can easily picture the younger Anakin in the same pose while waiting for Obi-Wan or someone.

23. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    The moment when Boba Fett appears next to Darth Vader in the dining room sequence.

Chancellor Yoda and Encuentro like this.
  24. bobmoonface

bobmoonface Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2015
    I really like Han trying to blow out the Ewok's torch in ROTJ for some reason.

25. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    The moment when Han Solo throws the toolbox at Colonel Dyer in the bunker.
    Freeze!
    *toolbox thrown*
    *Wilhelm Scream*