main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What's your favorite little moment or detail in CT?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 22, 2015.

1. AllyoftheForce

AllyoftheForce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2016
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I have to admit, I rather like the fact Sir works with people in TSW he has done other projects with. I now know of at least two (Vader and either Motti or Tagge---Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell and The Ghoul, I believe. :)) So glad he had friends about him. [face_love]

Senpezeco and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  3. jimtalkbox

jimtalkbox Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    Zuckuss... because he's number one.

Binary Sunset and Tosche_Station like this.
  4. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    That first shocking glimpse of Han's profile as he is lifted out of the freezing chamber, encased in the carbonite.

Toddy and Binary Sunset like this.
  5. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    The emotion Leia and Chewbacca display after the carbonite block of Han Solo strikes the floor. The music that follows as well.
    [​IMG]

6. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    General Reikaan- "We're going to have to start the evacuation."

The Imperial March starts playing as Vader's fleet comes into view/

Iron_lord, Kalarular, themoth and 4 others like this.
  7. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    My favorite moment from any Star Wars film:

"The Force is with you young Skywalker.......but you are not a Jedi yet!"

8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Moving moment. Fisher's acting in TESB was better than some give her credit.

Binary Sunset likes this.
  9. Kalarular

Kalarular Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2016
    The escape from Echo Base on Hoth is full of so many wonderful moments for me, but my favorite of all is when Han tries to start the Falcon and it starts but dies and he has to hit it to start it again.

That whole sequence is edited so perfectly, though. With Vader arriving, Luke in the battle, and Han, C-3PO, Chewie, and Leia escaping in the Falcon.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Admit it. You've hit something at least once to attempt to get it to start working again.

11. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I don't know why but one of the most enduring things in my whole life watching Star Wars is the foley sound effect of Luke's saber clanking on the deck in the midst of, "Never. (clank) I'll never turn to the dark side."

Toddy, Binary Sunset, Avnar and 2 others like this.
  12. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    There are a lot of little moments but my favorite is during the duel between Vader and Obi-Wan when Obi-Wan looks across the docking bay, sees Luke and then turns back to Vader and gives him that small smile right before he gets killed. He knows that even though he's going to die, he's won and Vader has lost.

13. Kalarular

Kalarular Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2016
    If Han can start the Falcon that way, then small appliances should be no problem.

I also love when Han yells at C-3PO when they are escaping and says "Hurry up, goldenrod! Or you're gonna be a permanent resident!" The lighting in the OT is something I really love as well. The multi-colored lights of the Falcon cockpit in TESB, the lamp on the table in the Mos Eisley Cantina that illuminates their faces, the lighting in the hall of Echo Base as Leia and Han argue...

14. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Always loved the musicality of that. It's like Vader's little jazz percussion solo.

AndyLGR likes this.
  15. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    That scene is poetry in motion.

16. jeremiahj13

jeremiahj13 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    I love it when Obi Wan talks about the Clone Wars and Luke's father... :D

Binary Sunset likes this.
  17. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    That whole sequence is amplified because of the prequels and TV show, no doubt about it.

18. Kalarular

Kalarular Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2016
    True, but that's another thing Star Wars does so well. Mystery. If you disregard all the prequels and the TV shows, you wonder what the Clone Wars were, what life was like before the Empire, what Darth Vader was like before ANH. The films capture your imagination better than most films.

Force Smuggler and Sarge like this.
  19. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    In ROTJ, the scene where Luke confronts Vader before meeting the Emperor. I love how Vader is looking off the walkway like Anakin did on Mustafar.

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. Kalarular

Kalarular Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2016
    I love that icy white and blue look that Echo Base has, in TESB.

themoth and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    I love the contrast of Tattooine at the beginning of ANH, and Hoth at the beginning of TESB.

darklordoftech and Kalarular like this.
  22. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I've always loved when the escape pod is released from the Tantive IV and then a second later, the hooks that were holding it return to their position.

Maybe it's nothing, but it talks about how much care the crew put on details and making things the right way.

Sarge likes this.
  23. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    I love this moment:
    [​IMG]
    This is one of the scenes that makes me want to see these how these characters interact in their daily, everyday lives when there's not some kind of immediate threat. Like what do you imagine these two talk about in their down time? Maybe Han might give Luke some pointers about the ladies. I dunno lol. But when a movie is able to pull this off, that's when you know that these characters were well-written and fleshed out.

24. Kalarular

Kalarular Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2016
    And the music that accompanies the release is excellent.

25. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    I love the emotion seen in the rancor care-taker. That has always stuck out to me since I was a kid. Why was it put in? I don't know, maybe to show that you can love a monster. Kind of like Luke loving his monster of a father.

Sarge likes this.