main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What's Your Favorite Luke Scene?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    That was kinda lame cuz he never fired back.

2. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    They were literally using Leia as a human shield. Did you want Luke to shoot Leia?

Darth Basin and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Oh.............

Kenobi1138 likes this.
  4. Star Searcher

Star Searcher Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 14, 2016
    The garbage scene in ANH always stayed with me as a kid. Definitely love "I'm a jedi, like my father before me" CLASSIC!!!

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  5. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    Pretty much every scene Luke is in is awesome, but I would probably pick the entire Death Star II duel of ROTJ. Luke really just shines in this moment.

There are so many good scenes with Luke though. I do like the part where Luke reveals that he is Leia's brother. I think he does in a sort of softened way, because instead of honing in on the fact that Vader is her father, he focuses on the fact that Luke is Leia's sister. His revelation focuses on the positive instead of the negative, which seems to echo a large part of Luke’s personality. It’s somewhat similar to how he approaches his father: instead of focusing on all the horrible and evil things Vader has done, Luke focuses on the good person his father once was. Anyway, awesome scene, it really is emotion packed and dramatic, which I love.

I also love many of Luke’s hilarious lines:
    “Don’t do that, you’re making a mess.”
    “There’s something alive in here.”

And when he displays his rather evident cockiness and over-confidence in the first couple of films:
    “I’m ready for anything.’
    “I’m not afraid.”
    “You bet I could! I’m not such a bad pilot myself! Come on, we don’t have to listen to this!”
    “You’ll find I’m full of surprises.”

Yeah, Luke will always be my favorite character.

Sarge and Evening Star like this.
  6. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    I love his entrance into Jabba's palace. The way he so confidently strolls in, dressed all in black, mind controls Bib Fortuna, and seems very confident, even smug, while dealing with Jabba. He definitely acted like a Jedi in this scene!

7. Lazy_Ewok

Lazy_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2016
    There are so many, I don't have a favorite.

Darth Basin likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The scene when he takes Vader's mask off.

Sarge and Darkslayer like this.
  9. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Him meeting Yoda, classic that was..:yoda:

10. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    It's been mentioned already when he beat the crap out of Jabba's goons on the Barge. First time seeing his brand new lightsaber. You just know his minions are regretting teaming up with the space slug.

11. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    His entrance to Jabbas palace! Also how completely calm he is when confronting Vader and Palpatine in Jedi...

12. Conkhead_12

Conkhead_12 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2016
    Oh this is hard.

I think it's I am a Jedi, like my father b4 me

Sarge and Darth Basin like this.
  13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    NEVER!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

14. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    "So be it, Jedi" my third favorite Palps scene!:D

15. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Binary Sunset, the one scene I always go to that reminds me for all the mistakes you can lay at Lucas' door, when the man hits it out of the park, it stays hit. The imagery, the framing, the music, the acting, it's about twenty seconds of footage that tells you everything you need to know about Luke Skywalker at that time without a word of dialogue.

As well as the aforementioned ''I am a Jedi...'' I also love his second conversation with Yoda where you see how much wiser and powerful he has become in other ways than kicking butt.

16. Cartoon Boba

Cartoon Boba Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Twin suns scene, sums up the whole saga.

17. Cartoon Boba

Cartoon Boba Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    I wrote my previous post before even reading this post above it, spooky. Great minds think alike. ;)

jakobitis89 likes this.
  18. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    A lot of the classic Luke scenes have already been mentioned, so instead of repeating one of those many classic moments, I'm going to share one that's been a personal favorite of mine for years: Luke returning to the Lars Homestead to find the home he's lived in for nearly two decades and the aunt and uncle who have raised him since infancy burnt to ashes. He doesn't drop to his knees. He doesn't cry out in agony or anger. Those emotions are there, the shock and pain and rage, but they're subtly shown in his face and his small movements, as is his quiet determination to stick it to the Empire where the twin suns don't shine.

[​IMG]

19. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    There are so many great ones from which to choose, but I'd go with his entrance to the carbon freezing chamber in TESB if I had to choose one.

[​IMG]

20. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  21. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    My favorite Luke scene is his opening scene in ROTJ. From the moment he first enters Jabba's palace up until he falls into the Rancor pit, he is super cool. I love his calm confidence in this movie, and he seems to act as if he knows something that nobody else does.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  22. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When he calls upon the force to retrieve his lightsaber while hanging upside down in the wampa cave. You can just feel time stop when he does it.

23. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    The trash compactor scene.

24. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    That was Luke at his worst!

25. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    I protest!! It's Luke at his best.

Think about it. He's not calm or in control. He's a farmboy suddenly thrust into this impossible situation where death seems imminent and he's the only one who desperately cries into the comlink begging for help and is ultimately why the trio and Chewie survive this ordeal. Everyone dismisses or outright dislikes C-3PO but Luke respects him as a valuable asset and isn't above asking for his assistance and 3PO and R2 save the day!

Luke establishes here that his best talent is asking others for help and it is this ability that ultimately redeems Vader and destroys the Sith.