What's your favorite NJO book so far?

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by JediGemini, May 9, 2001.

?

What's your favorite NJO book so far?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2001.
Vector Prime 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Onslaught 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Ruin 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Hero's Trial 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Jedi Eclipse 1 vote(s) 12.5%
Balance Point 4 vote(s) 50.0%
Conquest 3 vote(s) 37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediGemini Jedi Master

star 4
  2. JediGemini Jedi Master

star 4
    So, I was bored, what can I say? :)

I actually had a hard time picking between Balance Point and Conquest and decided I like Conquest as a whole overall.

Okay, for you clever people, I know we can have some funny polls goin', so let's get crakin'!

3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I haven't started reading The New Jedi Order yet. (I'm reading Young Jedi Knights: Delusions of Grandeur right now.) I'll have to abstain.

Phil
  4. Empyre Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have to go with Conquest. It finally is pointing out that the Yuzhaan Vong are not invincible. They can be beaten. In all the others they are not real enough. And also the fact that Karrde messes up and gives them the secret of the Vornskrs
  5. JediLars Jedi Master

star 2
    I am with you MOS but instead I am reading the Lord of the Rings Triology.

JediLars
  6. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    I think that people's interest in books trancend their onw life. Obviously, if the reader realates with a situation that the characters in the book are going through, it makes the book a more enjoyable experience for the reader. The reader and the characters can share common flaws, traits, and situations. Then, the reader gets a feeling that he's not alone and that the author wrote the book just for him/her.

The reason I bring this up is because, so far, the majority of the people picked Balance Point. That could mean that they related to Jacen's struggles in Balance Point more than they related to Anakin's troubles in Conquest.

Another interesting fact is that Balance Point was a hard cover. I know most people try to wait for paper back before buying a book,(usually because they own all the other books in paperback.)

Furthermore, Conquest was released more recently, and less people have had a chance to pick it up yet.

Now that I've made my point, I'm not sure what point I was trying to make.

Books are cool.

:D
  7. jedigal Jedi Master

star 4
    Books are cool.

In JJ's words:
    Cool as the other side of the pillow.
    I love that expression.

And the books of THE TRILOGY are some of the greatest fiction ever written, definitely tops in the fantasy genre. It doesn't get better than that.
  8. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    There was a video store in Champaign, IL, That's Rentertainment!, that used the slogan "As Cool as the Other Side of the Pillow." They had that slogan since at least 1986, when I was first in Champaign.

Phil
  9. BaseDeltaZero FanForce CityRep South Bend IN USA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I have yet to read Conquest so I will vote later. I am currently reading another book and Conquest will be next. Shout out to Xmaveric for loaning me Conquest to read.
  10. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    And don't forget to give me props for Spoiling for ya, too :D
  11. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Good to know you spoil more than just Bobafemme.
  12. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    No, BobaFemme considers herself spoiled just to be able to be in the same room as me. She feels truly blessed to be My RSA.

:D
  13. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Now where the hell is that icon of Vader praying to the porcelain god?
  14. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Jeff...ah, nevermind. You wouldn't understand.
  15. Salacious_Crummy Jedi Master

star 4
    I accidently voted for Jedi Eclipse. I meant to vote for Hero's Trial, but at least I got my vote in for a book from the same duology. :)

I really think they should have the words above the corresponding bar not below it. This is like the second time I've voted wrong because of it.
  16. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    NOW have you learned, my young padawan?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.