main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA What's Your Favorite OC Hangout/Shopping Center?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Bant428, Apr 23, 2003.

?

What's Your Favorite OC Hangout/Shopping Center?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The Irvine Spectrum

17.6%
  2. The Block @ Orange

52.9%
  3. South Coast Plaza

23.5%
  4. Main Place

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Laguna Hills Mall

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Fashion Island

5.9%
  7. Irvine/Tustin Marketplace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bant428

Bant428 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
  2. Bant428

Jul 22, 2002
    I love the Spectrum because I live right by it, it had great architecture, the movie theater rocks, there are really interesting and unique stores, and my parents are in the process of buying the Mrs. Fields Cookies Store there! (visit it. I'll be there all summer. You might see me! Say somehting about SW and I'll know)

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I haven't even heard of most of those places. Of course I'm just barely on the edge of OC. I'm just glad Downtown Disney didn't make the list.

4. Bant428

Jul 22, 2002
    Awww... I 4got Downtown Disney! I knew I forgot sumpin! =-) I actually think its OK.

5. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    It's ok. Not a good place to shop though. But the tourist and convention people love it.

6. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Hmmm, you listed a few interesting locations. I'm a shopping addict, so let's see where these places rank in my book.

The Irvine Spectrum: 'Rock Bottom' is pretty cool, but overall, it's too far away no matter where you are, and the shops aren't worth it. Parking is a joke. Next...

The Block @ Orange: This place is an absolute nightmare. Forget parking on a Friday/Saturday night, and the lots are filled with teenage rabble cruising in their souped-up vehicles and loitering. What once was a nice place to shop/eat/see a movie, has now devolved into a sideshow, complete with kiddie-rides and a mechanical bull.

South Coast Plaza: Now this place gets my vote. Always a great place to shop, filled with interesteing places and designers. Tons of restaurants to meet your price range. I LOVE Maggiano's! Long Live South Coast Plaza!

Main Place: The 'Mos Eisley' of SoCal. A wretched hive of scum & villainy.

Laguna Hills Mall: There's a Laguna Hills Mall??

Fashion Island: OMG. Forget this place. (Puts on Stuffy Accent) Jeeves, leave the Jaguar running near the back, Buffy and I are going shopping...

Irvine/Tustin Marketplace: Two Words: Natraj Tandoori. The ABSOLUTE BEST Indian take-out you'll ever eat. Plus, they have a Rubio's and a Tower Records. The coffee shop is pretty good there, too.

I also enjoy hanging out on Main Street in Huntington Beach, and there's a place called The Lab near South Coast Plaza. Those places are always great. Downtown Disney is only good for their movie theatre, House of Blues, and the ESPN Zone, but the shopping options are terrible.

I'm done.

7. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Where is South Coast Plaza?

8. Bant428

Jul 22, 2002
    LOLz. South Coast Plaza is in Santa Ana and is absolutely HUGE. It has a Macy's, Robinson's May, Sears, and Saks 5th Avenue as its "main" stores, if that rings a bell.

9. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    People have been known to wander into SC Plaza and never return... Hey, that was me once! LOL

What about Mall of Orange, and Buena Park Mall (now with new WalMart - I was almost trampled there recently!)

10. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    South Coast Plaza. :D

11. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    South Coast Plaza is in Costa Mesa, the first exit when you go from the 55 to the N-405.

12. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    I don't vote for any. I like to hang out at Tower in Costa Mesa after I go surfing on saturday mornings and read their magazines for free. Otherwise I stay home.

13. DarthYosef

DarthYosef Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2001
    I enjoy the Block, because of its nice theater, and Wizards is always there if you're not feeling quite geeky enough ;)

But more than that, I enjoy hanging out in downtown Fullerton. On Friday and Saturday nights, that place is rockin. There's the Hub, which has live bands and a great atmosphere, McClaine's coffeeshop, which also has live bands but is calmer than the Hub, plus they have great coffee. The AMC 20 is just down the street from the Hub, along with some restaurants and fast food joints, and Starbucks is across the street from the theater, if you're in a mainstream mood.

I went to the midnight showing of Ep2 at the AMC 20, and waited in line all day. It was lots of fun. I'll never forget when, about 15 minutes before midnight, the crowd finally decided to ease tensions by lightsaber dueling...oh, it was awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.