main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What's your favorite Order 66 scene?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Klingon Padawan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I hesitate between the Obi-Wan scene and Ki-Adi Mundi scene on Mygeeto.

2. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    This is like asking what's my favorite drink.

Jcuk and Klingon Padawan like this.
  3. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I like the Ki-Adi-Mundi scene on Mygeeto and Yoda's scene on Kashyyyk. I hated how Aayla Secura went out. It could have been done better.

4. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I like the ending of that scene where Palpatine says "and then we shall have peace" His smile after saying that is simply perfect. He is amused by the irony of the statement and knows the destruction that is coming.

5. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Can't think. Just imagine the script being written, as follows. So we come to point where the Clones kill the Jedi. How about 'execute order Death Zone Kill? Hmm no that's a bit too much. What about order number 666? Hmm..no. What about, execute order number 6? No that sounds like they don't get many orders. Hey, what about order number 66? ..yeah that'll do let's move on....

6. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    "Can't think" - not much of a surprise.

Order 66 is from a list of programed orders that the clones are programmed to obey without question. Order 65 actually gives the senate authority to command the clones to execute the Chancellor.

7. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    The best scene from order sixty six was Ki Adi Mundi's death scene. Sad but it looked brilliant on the big screen.

8. SoWizard

SoWizard Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    I've always liked the Order 66 montage but you guys have truly made me realize how absolutley brilliant it is!

9. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Ki Adi Mundi's demise was pretty memorable, even though he's such a minor character in the films. You could really see how much he felt betrayed in his face--he couldn't believe his comrades would do that, and stood almost defenseless before attempting to deflect the laser blasts that killed him. Some of the other deaths depicted were quicker and less personal, therefore less memorable. But the whole Order 66 sequence should be taken as a whole, like Captain Tom said. It's just an epic part of the movie.

10. Death T

Nov 12, 2012
    Nope, they're little douche bags you always see hunting and shooting at people. I don't care much about great white shark babies either.

11. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    That scene shocked the crap out of me when I first saw it, but it shouldn't've. It had to happen...and in retrospect we all KNEW something like that was going to happen, but to actually see it...wow...

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Seagoat like this.
  12. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    "Can't think" not much a surprise ooh nasty! Lol So the order was part of a big list of orders that came out later in a book or something yeah? And their was an order just before the 1 that tells the clones to kill the Jedi, that gives the senate the authority to tell the clones to whatever. The same Chancellor that was behind the clones being made in the 1st place and he puts in an order that allows the senate to kill him??? How does that make sense? Oh it suppose it was so it would make it look like he had nothing to do with it, ohh, clever (?) So the senate could mentally control the clones aswell, if the need were to arise? I get it now..(?) and did the Jedi know of this list? They were fighting with them after all. Hey wait a minute, there's an order in here that tells the clones to kill us!? What a big pile of poo do!

13. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    There was just no need for that scene IMO. yeah we get it Anakins turned bad but killing little kids!!? Anakin was seduced by the dark side into killing little kids?! It's like when your watching a nature doc about lions and there's a scene showing some males overtaking a pride. Now if the old male/males had some cubs then the new male is gonna kill them cubs. Yeah we know, but we don't wanna see it!

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  14. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    They don't even SHOW him killing them. The scene cuts as soon as he activates his lightsaber.

15. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah but it was implied, and then later (if my memory serves me correctly) we saw some dead younglings. No need.

16. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Militaries have contingency orders and plans for a wide variety of scenarios, both routine and exotic, including ones for situations that might seem rather unlikely. Better though to have a plan and not need it than to need a plan an not have it.

Furthermore, if the GAR didn't have an Order 65 regarding the Chancellor, Order 66 would have stood out. So 65 acts as "camoflage" for 66. It's just one more contingency order that no-one really expects to ever need issuing.

The Senate would have no need to "mentally control" the clones. They are already controlled by their conditioning, training, and programming.

17. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Notice you didn't answer the Jedi part of the argument? As for camoflaging one order with another? What? That makes non-sense

18. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Damn.....you really don't understand very simple concepts. Must be watching RLM too much and their ignorance has rubbed off on you (though I'm hoping that prolonged exposure to this site will help you out)

Thank you! I was wondering how I would explain that in a simple (Jcuk needs it) format

Possibly the Jedi knew about it, but figured something like that was impossible because they would never betray the republic, or that if the event happened it would because the Sith had taken over.
    Possibly they DIDN'T know about it because they were Senate order and had nothing to do with the Jedi.

Also, "camoflaging" (camouflaging) one order with another is a common and clever way of turning interest.
    Your incorrect grammar and total lack of grasping simple concepts are giving me a headache.

Darth_Martus likes this.
  19. Death T

Nov 12, 2012
    If only Palpatine mixed the orders up he gave them. [face_laugh]

20. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    I loved the Sidious dialogue into Anakin v Separatists section... so much power there.

And the Bail Organa scene too, fantastic.

Though all the scenes as a whole work fantastically well together, a compelling and defining moment for the saga.

...Also, can someone please tell me whether Jcuk is a troll or just a complete sausage? I've been in so many decent threads only to discover he's derailed them with misinterpretations and weakly critical nonsense... I cannot work it out!

21. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Possibly both. He may not know the difference.(check his joined date :p )
    It sounds like he just arrived from youtube

Darth_Martus and Kev Snowmane like this.
  22. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    You guys!!! Lol no I'd more or less forgotten about Star Wars after the PT finished, that was it, all done. I still had the OT for memory sake. Then when I read in a newspaper about the Disney sale and whatever. I decided to look it up on the Internet for some more news because it had got me interested. Then low and behold, below the latest news site was this one! So I'd thought I'd give it a look. Much to my shock there were people that had been on here years! And even MORE shocking than that there were people who liked the utterly godawful PT who didn't seem to be impressionable kids who just like light sabres!!!?? Everyone, and I mean everyone I know thought the PT was awful and made no sense. Ok their just casual fans in the main who loved the OT when they were growing up and couldn't have cared less if a PT had been made or not. They weren't THAT into it. But,you gotta go see them right? There was a group of 7 of us that went to see TPM when it came out. Well, opinions weren't high when we came out at the end put it that way. But there you go that's just us. But i am INTO it and I'm looking forward to the ST.

23. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Stass Allie's death on Saleucami.

24. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    Thing is, other people DO like the PTs, including myself. Just because you and your six friends didn't like TPM or any of the other films, doesn't mean others can't! Opinions work that way, y'know?

Yes, you're totally entilted to your own opinions too - but that doesn't give you the right to hijack threads where people who like the PTs discuss them... You'd be much better starting a new topic where you can raise your points with others - instead of coming into threads that have real fan discussion and speaking in a way that suggests they're all wrong for liking the PTs. I've seen you do it more than once, and it's not cool man. The SW Community is fantastic - don't alienate yourself from it by being a douche.

...P.S, I'm still not sure if you're a troll or not.

25. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Well wether you believe me or not is up to you. But I'm not a TROLL. I certainly don't live under a bridge :)

Darth Venator likes this.