main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What's your favorite Order 66 scene?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Klingon Padawan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Wow. Didn't know that.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, he was also in AOTC as a young Jedi, who was later retconned into the same character from ROTS.

3. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I just love the entire thing. I mainly love the scene with Vader leading the sacking of the jedi temple with the 501st behind him, but the overall Order was so magnificent to me. I love how it was done.

4. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    My favourite "Order 66" scene:

ANAKIN: I think Chancellor Palpatine is a Sith Lord.
    MACE: A Sith LORD?

PALPATINE (Sith Lord): Execute LORDer Sithty Sith.

Result:

Jedi Masters and Clone Commanders lose their minds (and their lives).

This post was brought to you in the style of "I am your father" / "I am Queen Amidala".

5. Major Smith

Major Smith Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2013
    I love Ki-Adi mundi scene, when he's leading the charge then he looks back at that look is on his face for a split second when he realizes what happens. The fact that he also manages to deflect a couple of shots makes me like it even more

6. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    I always thought that his death was a little pathetic. I mean, we see Anakin and Kenobi deflecting numerous shots from destroyer droids, we see Yoda deflecting many shots from the clone troopers in the Jedi temple alongside Kenobi. We see many other Jedi deflecting blaster shots quite easily for the most part. There didn't seem like there was an infinite amount of blaster shots coming his way nor did the clones seem to have any good shots until he got hit.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Aayla's death was worse.

8. Major Smith

Major Smith Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2013

I seem to remember there was some clone doctrine about jedi's saying that they can't withstand sustained fire on there own from clones. I mean Mundi managed to deflect a few shots, but he faced at least about 12 clones firing at once, I mean all it takes is 12 clones to aim at 12 different points and they'll be overwhelmed. But I do agree it's funny how they fight off numerous droids before hand, I always thought the most pathetic one was Ayala's, I mean she didn't even get a word in edgewise

Dredalus likes this.
  9. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    That one too. She didn't even defend herself.

10. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    It's just the droid thing that gets me. I mean, if you fought on Geonosis, withstanding thousands of battle droids, super battle droids, and destroyer droids, you should be able to defend yourself against a squad of clones, but I guess not.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    There could have been a shock factor behind it. He wasn't expecting his clones to turn on him so there could have been a split second hesitation on his part and that could have been all that was needed.

12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Don't forget that Mundi was captured in the arena. He's one of the Jedi who gets pushed into the middle.

I don't particularly care about his combat performance during Order 66, he gets a few deflections in, the shock and hurt on his face alone makes it my favorite Order 66 scene.

Major Smith likes this.
  13. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    That's true. We do see a glazed over look on his face right when he sees the weapons aimed at him.

14. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    His look is so emotionally reaching to the audience as well. Like you said, the shock in his gaze makes it so much more real.

15. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    I dont really like the scene because it spelled the end to my favourite part of the trilogy but if I had to pick one it would be Anakins march with a massive amount of clone troops behing him it was so bad ass watching it in the cinema.

16. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    I enjoy that scene the most out of them all, but that wasn't a Jedi killing scene like what we've been discussing.

17. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I've said before how I think Ki-Adi Mundi's death is a powerful scene, but it's actually not my favorite.

My favorite part of the Order 66 montage is the death of Plo Koon on Cato Neimoidia. And it's not even his death that interests me, but the clone pilot's response to the tiny Sidious holo that appears and gives the order.

"Execute Order 66."

"It will be done, my Lord."

That second line is my favorite, because every clone responds to that order the same exact way. Except Cody, who just says "Yes, my Lord."

But to just hear the clone pilot say those words with such loyalty and devotion, is a masterpiece. In fact, Order 66 itself is the culmination of a great masterpiece by the Sith.

Plus, the clone pilot looks exceedingly happy when he gets the order. Look at him, he's actually smiling when he says "It will be done, my Lord."

I love me a character that not only does his job well but also enjoys it.

18. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    I also found that interesting. It's shown that they obeyed the Jedi with combat and orders and everything like that, but secretly their true allegiance was to Palpatine and whatever he said was what was to be done, no matter what the Jedi said.

19. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    Yeah but the Threads title says favourite order 66 scene so it doesn't matter

20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    If you go by EU, then that pilot, Jag, was a little messed up. He'd been demoted from commander to captain previously, and he was only on the frontlines because Plo recruited him. Despite this, it's pretty fair to assume that after his demotion he wasn't a big fan of any Jedi, even Plo. It's just too bad we never got to see Wolffe's reaction to the execution order. Would the one-eyed clone have pulled the trigger?

21. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    It just seems to me that I need to get more involved in the EU part of SW.

22. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Actually, I liked the entire sequence.

darthwannobi likes this.
  23. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    The intercutting of Yoda in anguish over all of the goings-on was very powerful. After he cuts down the two troopers that were about to blast him from behind, the realization of what is happening hits him- and the Wookiees. JW quiets the score to a vocal passage and Chewie picks Yoda up on his back to get him the hell outta there. Chewbacca is the best representation of loyalty in the saga. Strong stuff. That moment was far stronger to me than all the carnage.

Darth Chiznuk , Revanfan1 and Sarge like this.
  24. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That's why Chewie's death in the EU is so dismaying. He was just being his loyal self–saving his best friend's son. I don't care if he was crushed by a moon or a peanut, it's the sacrifice that counts. He could never go out doing anything else.

25. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Out of all the Order 66 scenes in ROTS my favorite moment would have to be the one with Plo Koon. There's just something rather haunting about seeing his starfighter get shot down by those clones and then seeing his ship burst into flames and consume him. It's a pretty chilling scene if you ask me.