main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What's your favorite small detail from the Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Nerdling, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I just noticed that two different posts here refer to Qui-Gon as a pimp.

2. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Palpatine never speaks directly to Obi-Wan.

3. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Always loved the scene with Chewie and R2 playing dejarik while 3PO was trying to give R2 advice. :D

4. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Luke’s camo poncho.

The weirdly designed hyperdrive on Amidala’s royal starship.

"Close the blast doors!" ....."Open the blast doors! Open the blast doors!"

The fact that ray shields are called ray shields.

The light-up platform Vader kneels on when speaking to the Emperor hologram.

The art direction in Dexter’s diner.

Watto's junk yard.

Garindan.

"Good shot, Janson!" -- cut to Janson smiling like a dork.

The 'Old Folks Home'.

The voice modulator that disguises Leia in her bounty hunter outfit.

The two Techno Union workers scooping lava as Anakin and Ob-Wan blaze by during their sword fight.

Chance cube.

General Madine (General Madine’s hair).

"Daahd, Ah-think weben tracked!"

Those rad black helmets worn by Death Star gunner operators.

The ion cannon.

Grievous’ starfighter, the Belbullab-22, because it looks like an American muscle car.

5. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    I like how calm Yoda presented himself, he acted as though he knew the events to come, but knew he could not interfere.

Thuro likes this.
  6. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Ludicrous speed.

Oh, wait...

Jedi General Gelderd likes this.
  7. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Leia: "Your friend is indeed a mercenary. I wonder if he really cares about anything or anybody."
    Luke: *chases after her* "I- I care!"

He's like some kind of lovesick puppy around her, it's really adorable, especially because he doesn't know they're twins. XD It's so sad and pathetic, yet hilarious and cute.

Thuro, DarthIshyZ and Yanksfan like this.
  8. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Tarkin's rolled r's.

9. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Han banging the Falcon to start it up in ESB. Anyone who has had to dealt with a crappy car can relate to this.:p

10. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Han Fonzerelli!

Thuro and Ananta Chetan like this.
  11. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Always loved the "eye rolls" that Han gives to C3PO throughout ANH & ESB, as he eventually has some sort of respect for him by ROTJ.

Thuro, DowClimber and Darth Dnej like this.
  12. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Damaged clothes.

Luke's outfit on Bespin, Obi-Wan and Anakin's clothes on Mustafar.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Kit Fisto's smile and the fact that he got quite a bit of screen time during the battle of Geonosis in AOTC.

[​IMG]

Thuro, DarthIshyZ, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  14. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I did enjoy the smile.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Obi-Wan's subtle sarcastic wit throughout the PT always gets me laughing.

16. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Idk why I noticed this, but I always appreciated the way in TPM how the droids swing on their racks as they're deployed on the grassy plain. Small details like this make it all the more realistic.

Thuro, Lady_Misty and darth ladnar like this.
  17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I love how Palpatine deliberately designed the clones to be stupid and how it shows (and backfires) in the OT.

Thuro and Lady_Misty like this.
  18. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    While Anakin is slaughtering the Sand People the shot cutting ti Yoda, but u hear Qui Gon's voice yelling "Anakin! Anakin! Noooo! " then faintly I think you can hear Vader's breathing.

In RotJ: as he is dying, Vader/Anakin comforts Luke like a dying parent would comfort their child.

RotS: that tear in Anakin's eye after killing the Sep Leaders, but the look of strength & resolve he has.

Thuro, Lady_Misty and darth ladnar like this.
  19. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

Yup, you definitely can. That's actually one of my favorite moments in the film. Somewhere, somehow, I feel like there are some fascinating secrets relating to the 'netherworld of the Force' and the very essence of Force Ghosts in that brief instance where Qui-Gon begins to break through into the real world.

In Attack of the Clones Qui-Gon was able to, ever so slightly, come back to the real world during a moment of intense rage on Anakin's part (cue Vader's breathing). In Revenge of the Sith, when Anakin completely succumbs to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Vader, Qui-Gon gains the ability to directly communicate with Yoda. During The Emperor's and Vader's dark reign over the galaxy in the time leading up to A New Hope Qui-Gon passes this knowledge on to Yoda and Obi-Wan, which is why we see them manifest themselves (in an actual ghost-like form) once they both eventually pass away. I like to think that, while Qui-Gon began to reenter the world one step at a time via Anakin's suffering, it was through Anakin's ultimate sacrifice and redemption that he presumably gained a ghost-like form like Yoda and Obi-Wan and Anakin after the events of Return of the Jedi.

Thuro and Lady_Misty like this.
  20. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Ok, first off there is the Jedi Starfighters! Don't get me wrong, I love those X Wings, but I find the Starfighters much more interesting!

Second off, Boba Fett! Nuff Said for that one!

Hayden Christensen at the end of ROTJ (Actually, while I prefer Hayden, I could care less who is in the Anakin force ghost, I just like how Anakin is there looking over and smiling at his son!)

Oh, and you can't forget that random sink flying in the CIS Ship's explosion!

Seagoat and Lady_Misty like this.
  21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Got to agree with this. They didn't have to show Janson at any point in the film; he could have been name only. But if they hadn't, then we'd probably have missed Wes' wonderful humor in the X-Wing novels, because he probably wouldn't have been characterized as an immature idiot. :p

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I like the "blink and you miss it" (because it is not only short... but, also tiny within the frame of the shot...) moment just after Vader does the double take after the Falcon jumps to light speed at the end of ESB. As he is walking away from the window, across the bridge of the control room, he turns his head and stares at Admiral Piett as he continues walking. It's an amazing millisecond of a moment and it took 75 viewings to finally notice it.

DarthIshyZ and StarWarsVerses like this.
  23. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
  24. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    That tear in Anakin's eye after killing the separatist leaders on mustafar. It is the last we see of Anakin Skywalker until the end of rotj (in between he is not Anakin but hatred and anger concealed in a life support suit with a cool helmet)

Sent via my astromech droid

Thuro and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  25. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    When Darth Maul ignites the second blade on his lightsaber on Naboo. I am sure my jaw would have really hit the floor if I had not known it was coming sooner or later.

Darth Maul rules!

:)

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.