main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whats your favourite piece of OT DIALOGUE and WHY?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jon_Bon_Kenobi, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    Han: "Bring it on! I prefer a straight fight!"

That quote just shows how much of a bad ass Han is.

OB1: "Whos' the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

Great OB1 mumbo-jumbo paradox.

Luke: "You worry about those fighters, I'll worry about the tower."

A personal favorite, I pop that into many multiplayer video games w/ my friends.

2. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Palpatine: Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.

3. Da-Observer

Da-Observer Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2003
    "The force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things that surrounds up, and penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together." -Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The entire dialogue between Luke and Obi-Wan in Obi-Wan's home is memorable. In this dialogue, I find it interesting that Obi-Wan's talk of Owen does justify Owen's reasons for keeping Luke grounded on the farm, as Owen does not want Luke to end up like his father did.

4. Jedimancer

Jedimancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2004
    Not sure what my favorite dialogue is, but I do LOVE the dialogue between Yoda and Luke on Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back. Especially memorable is the scene where the ghost of Obi-wan has to convince Yoda to train Luke. I love it at the end of the scene when Luke says,"I'm not afraid," and Yoda says "You will be. You will be..."

5. Predator150

Predator150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2004
    "The force is with you skywalker, but you are not a jedi yet." - Vader

"Don't get excited! We haven't got time for anything else." - Han Solo

6. DarthDeadite

DarthDeadite Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    "Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

Vader had a sick sense of humor.

7. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2001
    Han: Perfect...you fixed us all real good, didn't you? My friend...(pow!) If there was ever a time in the OT that I thought the Rebels were screwed, it was this. Luke running into a fight he can't win, Han screwed, Leia and Chewie helpless prisoners.

Vader: The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am.

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've created. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the Power of the Force."

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not delivered us the stolen data tapes, or given you prescience enough to-GAK-GAK-"

Everybody just watches for a few seconds.

"That's enough. Vader, release him!"

"As you wish."

*Thunk*

LOL, it's nice to see Vader "correcting" someone on the Force. it's also an interesting comparison to Obi-Wan's reaction to Han talking smack about the Force: Obi-Wan accepts and politely shows why he's wrong-Vader nearly kills a man.

9. Coligeon

Coligeon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    I like what Han says in my signature.

"Kid I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other an I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I never seen anything to make me believe there's one ALL powerful force controlling everything."

10. Aelle

Aelle Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2004
    The answer is definetly anything Obi Wan says in ANH. More specifically, the exchange between him and vader during their duel. Call me a dork, (you're a dork!) but that scene still gives me chills. Whether or not you like the "slow" paced duel, the dialogue is kick-arse.

11. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    it has to be:

Luke: "Your over confidence is your weakness"

Emperor: "Your faith in your friends is yours!"

The reason I choose this one is because I love how quickly the Emperor snaps back at Luke with a insult and than goes back to his chair knowing Luke just got a huge burn!

12. geordiejedi1982

geordiejedi1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    LUKE: Never! I'll never turn to the dark side. You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.
    EMPEROR: So be it...Jedi.

I just love the build up to this scene, the total rage of Luke attacking, and the realisation that he could become his father if he isn't careful. It also follows up on Yoda and Obi-wan telling him to become a jedi he must face Vader once more. That he has the control to face his anger and the dark side and turn his back on it shows he truly is a Jedi. The fact the Emperor acknowledges it just backs this up.

THREEPIO: That malfunctioning little twerp. This is all his fault! He tricked me into going this way, but he'll do no better.

I love the petiness of this line. Even when he's on the verge of being stranded in the middle of nowhere permanently, he still refuses to admit he's wrong

LUKE: I'm not afraid.
    YODA: you will be. You will be

Another masterful line. Up until this point, Luke hasn't really given much thought about the actual consequences of being a Jedi, maybe even thinks it's going to be pretty straightforward after his little tricks in ANH. Yoda's response (which I always thought sounded sinister) coupled with Luke's look of "aah, maybe this isn't such a good idea" is fantastic.

13. C6P6H6

C6P6H6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    I have two lines.

First:"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."
    I think Vader was dabbling in a bit of dark humor.

Second: Just the part of the Emperor's speech to Luke, where it seems he's spitting out the words: "Your pitiful little band"

14. xizor77

xizor77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2004
    68 INT DEATH STAR - CORRIDOR TO EMPEROR'S TOWER 68

Darth Vader walks down the corridor to the Emperor's Tower and
    private elevator. The Emperor's private guard steps in Vader's
    path.

GUARD
    Halt! The Emperor does not wish to be
    disturbed at the moment.

VADER
    (raising his gloved hand to the two guards
    and choking them with the Force)
    The Emperor will see me, now!

GUARD
    (repeating Vader's command)
    The Emperor will see you, now.

a cut scene from return of the jedi..

15. sweetcaroline

sweetcaroline Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2004
    There's several that I like. One is "I am your father". The malignancy in Vader's voice sends shivers down my spine. Another one is "When gone am I the last of the Jedi will you be". It's so final. Luke has the responsibility of the universe on him at that point and he's the only one that can restore order and bring freedom to the galaxy. Yoda will be with him of course but cannot fight the battle for Luke. It's very sobering for Luke.

16. Darth_Malt

Darth_Malt Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    "Stay on Target" - "Almost...there" - "They came...from....behind!"

"Good shot, Jansen!" - "One more pass"....

"Good.....our first catch of the day" - That line is so robotic.

17. NtriusBIL

NtriusBIL Jedi Master star 1

Feb 10, 2004
    I think that what makes the quote for Han in the detention area is the way he winces after saying "How are you?" like he knows every word just gets them deeper in it.

18. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    THREEPIO: That malfunctioning little twerp. This is all his fault! He tricked me into going this way, but he'll do no better.

I love the petiness of this line. Even when he's on the verge of being stranded in the middle of nowhere permanently, he still refuses to admit he's wrong

Heh, well put.

19. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    All of the Yoda/Luke from Empire.
    Despite the fact I actually prefer the prequels over the originals, I still find this to be the best dialogue in saga. I just enjoyed the whole teacher/student talk.

wolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.