main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's your first memory of the Classic Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by AmazingB , Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    What's the very first thing you remember from the Classic Trilogy? Be it a scene, an image, a line, a character, or whatever.

Mine is the scene at the beginning of ANH when Threepio says, "They've shut down the main reactor." But that line isn't part of my memory. Nor is the action going on around him part of it. The part of that scene that is the first thing I ever remember is the other protocol droid in the background. I always referred to it as "the other C-3PO" since at the time I had no idea what it's name was (I later found out but I've since forgotten, but whatever). I remember asking my brother what his name was and what we was doing there. My brother had no idea what I was talking about since it was such a minor point. Good times.

So, what's yours?

Amazing.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Well, the first time I watched aNH was at a friends house, and he was stupid and fast forwarded through what in his opinion were "boring parts" and the Falcon flying towards the Death Star. Man, that kid was an idiot. He called himself a Star Wars fan too.

Glad he moved, kinda.

3. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    My first memory of SW was when I was five, I have no idea why, but I was scared of ESB. I hid beneath my blanket during the scene in Bespin. It turns out it has become my favorite movie in the OT. It's funny how things turn out.

Pada915...So fresh and so clean

4. Ariana Lang

Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Honestly: An Energizer commercial, where the Bunny is fighting with Vader, but the batteries go out on Vader's lightsaber. That's my first ever memory of anything Star Wars.

5. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    the guy with the Triangle-shaped head in the cantina...

6. Squadron_Chick

Squadron_Chick Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2002
    The trash compactor bit and the "walking carpet" joke.

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I had a vague memory of seeing a Vader/Luke lightsaber duel from when I was very little. Then when I finally rewatched the trilogy when I was twelve or thirteen, I saw another Vader/Luke duel, and everything came flashing back to me. :)

Those were good times...

*languourous sigh*

8. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    "What a peice of junk!"

I thought that was the funniest line ever, and it is always the first thing I remember about Star Wars.

EDIT: spelling.

9. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    The opening. Specifically the noise when the rebel trooper goes over. It sounds like the poor guy needs a gaviscon x 10 or something.

10. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    1977 . . friend's house . . Darth Vader poster on his wall . .

[image=http://www.worldzone.net/scifi/coruscant/posters/13.jpg]

"Cooooooooool!"

-Otis

11. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Muppet Babies.

I'm not joking. I hated SW, but I always watched Muppet Babies as a kid, and they had tons of little SW snippets and clips. It made me watch the end of ROTJ when it was on national TV, and from then on, I've been hooked on Star Wars. :)

12. GORILLA

GORILLA Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2002
    I was 3 when I first saw ANH in the theaters in 1977. My earliest cognitive memory is the blaster shootout between the Rebels and Stormtroopers onboard the Tantive IV. I'd never seen a laser gunfight before. It blew my mind away. It still does. :)

13. Jedi_Stalker

Jedi_Stalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    Before watching the Prequels: The battle between Luke and Vader in ESB. When luke with a confident voice "You'll find i'm full of suprises!". Luke was my favorite character from them on, having totoally redeemed himself from being such a vag in ANH.

After Watching The Prequels: The end of ROTJ when Anakin's ghost stands alongside Yoda ans Ben. After seeing Anakin when he was good, and by seeing how close he and Obi-Wan were in AOTC, it really changes how I see Vader and the inner struggle he had.

14. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Lets see, I was age 7 in the theater during SWs first run. The first memory was the unique credits (which I couldn't really read well at the time) and then that fast moving Blockade Runner, followed by the very massive Imperial Cruiser (they weren't called Star Destroyers until ESB).

During the space battles at the end after Vader clobbered a couple X-Wings in the trench, I made the comment out loud "This really is a star wars!" and got a chuckle/nod out of my older sister as I recall.

15. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    3PO and R2 walking in the Tatooine desert from ANH...

16. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    My first memory of the OT is seeing Vader for the first time. I actually saw ESB and ROTJ in the theaters for their first run but Vader is the first real solid memory I have.

17. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Wow my first memory, can't really place it but probably Vaders first appearance in ANH, RotJ had alot memorable stuff for me also, The Walker breakdancing on the rolling logs, Vader saving Luke, Leia in a Slave outfit. I always remembered in TESB when Yoda says "You will be, you willl be" freaked me out every time I watched it. As I got older my parents always gave me a hard time when the scene came up because they remembered how scared I got.

18. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Amazing: Welcome to the movie forums! Glad you found your way over here.

Ariana: That commercial was aired in 1997 [face_plain] :_| I'm so old...

I still remember going to see ANH in 1977 when I was 4 years old. I was very mad that Darth Vader got away! Of course no one assured me at the time there would be 5 more movies to come out 8-}

19. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    When I was like 7ish, I watched Star Wars every now and then, but I don't think I ever understood what was going on. I had the "good guy, bad guy" concept down, and I understood there was a big fight going on and that people flew around in big spaceships... LOL.

But when I watched Star Wars 8 years later, with my best friend, the first thing I asked was, "Hey, is this the one where they're trapped in the trash compactor thingy?!"

I remembered that, and the Ewokes from ROTJ. But who could forget the Ewokes? Hehe. We have a stuffed one, somewhere... He's got the little Ewok outfit and everything. He's positively adorable :D

20. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm more or less certain that my first memory of the OT is the cantina scene in ANH, which I think I saw a glimpse of on TV before I ever saw the actual film for the first time.

21. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    The old Marvel comic:

I thought Luke SHOT Vader at the end of part 2!

22. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "Amazing: Welcome to the movie forums! Glad you found your way over here."

Heh. I poke my head in here every now and again. I always mean to make a regular habit of it, and I'm going to start making a conscious effort to come here more.

Amazing.

23. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Muppet Babies

I forgot about them...I remember whatching that episode and having no clue why Miss Piggy had pastries on her head.

24. shilowishbringer

shilowishbringer Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2002
    My first was in 79 at an old drive-in.I collected everything i could from the untill now.I'm 31 now.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    In the theater, my first memory -- oddly enough -- is of that second protocol droid and wondering how there could be two C-3P0's.

My first Star Wars memory period was being given Luke, Obi-Wan and Darth Vader action figures in 1977 before I even knew what the movie was about. If I only had those figures now.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.