What's your first memory of the Classic Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by AmazingB, Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. shilowishbringer Jedi Padawan

I still do and over 100 others.
  2. BLUEJEDI3 Jedi Master

star 3
    2 parts in A New Hope

First as a child seeing SW on the big screen back in 77 i remember thinking this ship is huge is it ever going to end right at the beginning.

Second, Stormtroopers blasting the hatch and coming through closely followed by an omminous black figure who i knew just had to be a very evil entity without him doing or saying anything.
  3. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Buying the Emperor action figure from ROTJ at my local Kay-Bee Toy Store in the mall. My first memory in one of the films would probably be Vader/Luke dueling in ROTJ on the second Death Star.
  4. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    These are the only things I remember from my initial TV viewings of A New Hope, in the early 80's ( 1982 or so )...

Artoo getting captured by the Jawas, and getting sucked into the vaccuum tube. And...

The dianoga popping it's eye up from the sludge.

Ironically, I guess my first-ever movie was ESB, which came out just the month after I was born. My parents took me to that, and thanks to having a bad diaper accident, my mom missed most of the latter half of the movie.

I honestly don't think I saw ROTJ in the theater during its first run. I have no idea why.

My first real concrete memories of all the OT movies wasn't until about 1988, when I played with my friend's old Kenner toys, and he had the trilogy on video.

Before that, I think it was just hazy glimpses of the movies at friends' birthday parties, which was a standard thing...
  5. TheWombat Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember when I was really little, my first SW memory was the Christmas Special being on at my grandmother's house. I didn't remember much about it (thank God) except that it had wookiees and had something to do with Star Wars. Then I started getting the action figures. Then finally I the movie came on TV.
  6. NearysEpiphany Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The year was 1979. Star Wars was playing in one of those little shoebox theaters in the mall. We arrived a little late, and the first thing I saw was the grey haired Rebel dude staring in fear at the door the stormtroopers were about to blast through. I remember wondering why his chin strap was crooked. Heh.
  7. FormXIIMaster Jedi Padawan

I remember my mom made us stop at the mall on the way to see ROTJ, and they had Emperors Royal Guard figures, so I bought one. I thought he was the coolest figure ever, but was miffed when he didnt fight in the movie. As I got older, I realized that they didnt need to fight, they were intimidating enough! That made them COOLER!
  8. MikeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    My first memory of the CT was Han Solo in the cantina...thats when I started watching the movie. Never saw the real starting till couple years after.
  9. Plo_Koen Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    Vader in ANH

It sacred me so bad I couldn't watch it at night
  11. SaberGiiett7 Force Ghost

star 6
    I remember watching a commercial for the Trilogy being played on USA Network.That was when I was about 4.
  12. TK421_DoUCopy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Seeing ANH at the Drive In when it first came out. IMAX can never top that atmosphere...
  13. Sithwitch_13 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Luke arriving back at the homestead and smoke rising from it. Although it DID take me nearly 6 years to realize that the smoke was rising from the burned skeletons of Owen and Lars. (I was 4 when I became a SW fan, so cut me slack.)
  14. DarthStothe Jedi Master

star 2
    I don't remember my FIRST memory, but ever since I was little, a picture of Solo frozen in carbonite from one of my SW picture books my mom used to read to me was stuck in my head.
  15. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Mine was of Artoo and Threepio walking in the desert at the beginning of ANH...

16. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    My first memory was the cover of my ESB picture book. It just showed Vader standing in the carbon freezing room with lightsaber in hand.
  17. Chewies_bandolier Jedi Knight

star 3
    Walking into the movie auditorium late, just in time to see the Tusken Raider jump up in front of Luke in ANH and scare the pants off me. I didn't have the nerve to see that scene in its entirity for another five years.

C_B
  18. DJ_Skidz Jedi Padawan

My first memory i have of Star Wars is when i went round to my Uncle's house during Christmas and Return Of The Jedi being on TV, I was about 7 or 8 at the time. I got there just as Luke and Vader started the duel. But i do know that i had already seen the films before this.
  19. Spacegirl Jedi Master

star 4
    My first memory is sitting in a not-crowded theatre (I guess word hadn't gotten out yet)in May '77 and seeing this huge ship firing lasers at this smaller ship, out in space above a planet. Incredibly loud and unbelievably beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No one had seen anything like it before; movies just didn't look that way. My second memory is Luke's blue blue eyes (in Ben's hut) (my first crush began at that moment) and then the sudden glowing blue of the lightsaber, accompanied by that beautiful hum. Afterwards, we talked about how they could make a second movie if they wanted to because no one actually saw Darth Vader die.
  20. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
  21. Jedi_Learner Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My first memory of the Classic Trilogy is when Han Solo shoots Greedo.
  22. D_Lowe Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    My first memory was in May of 1977. I was a four year old boy. My parents were big fans of Sci-Fi films and took me and the rest of my family to see Star Wars when it opened up. I was very blown away when I first saw the lightsaber in Kenobi's hut when Luke turned on his father's lightsaber. I thought it was the coolest weapon because of the glow and the noises it made. I still think they are the coolest weapon ever and the coolest noises.
  23. AudreySolo Jedi Padawan

Ewoks running through the forest in ROTJ.

I saw ROTJ when I was little, and that one scene stuck in my mind. I was never really into Star Wars though, and somewhere along the line I confused the Ewoks with Mohicans (as in "Last of the Mohicans") and thought that the Ewoks /were/ the Mohicans. Didn't even connect it to SW 'til I watched the OT before the Special Editions came out. ^^;

EDIT: Spelling
  24. chaos9001 Force Ghost

star 2
    my first scene i remembered was the cave in dagobah.
  25. batvader Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Battle of Hoth sequence. Walkers, walkers and again walkers. This has to be one of the most memorable action scenes ever put on film.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.