main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's your first memory of the Classic Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by AmazingB , Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    In The Empire Strikes Back, The partwhere you first hear The Imperial March,. All of those ships dwarfed by the Exicutor. It was awsome

2. Imperial_March

Imperial_March Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    When I was about 6 or 7, one of the kids at my school asked me if I knew who Luke Skywalker's father was. I didn't even know who Luke Skywalker was! He told me it was Dar Faider or something like that - and I recognised that this was one of the action figures another kid had at school along with an r2d2 and chewbacca etc.

I eventually watched rotj finding jabba's scenes very boring and then I was quite interested in the throne room though, finding out that vader kills the emperor.

ok, here's a confession. At that age I LOVED the ewoks as I was already a fan of the ewok cartoon series and had watched the two ewok adventure movies. I thought basicly that rotj was a mere spin off of these movies!

When I was 12 I watched the ot in order. I hated anh and esb and I couldn't wait to watch rotj again. Of course my opinion of these movies has reversed in subsequent viewings!

3. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Yeah, when I was younger ROTJ was my favourite while I found ESB boring. Now that i've grown up I really don't know how I could have thought that. ESB keeps you on the edge of your seat more than any of the others. And ROTJ only gets decent when the battle of Endor gets going. I always have, and still do find Jabba's Palace scenes a waste of time.

And I swore I posted in this thread before but I can't find my post. So if I'm just blind im gonna make an ass of myself by reposting.

My earliest memory was Luke getting fried by the Emporer in ROTJ. And I remember asking my uncle whether Luke was gonna die.

4. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    My first memory is when I was five and it was the Cantina scene. I remember the Cantina scene and wondering why Evanzan was being so mean to Luke.

5. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    Mine was always Jabba.

I remember when I fist saw the movie he was the only thing that really stuck out (It was a long time ago, of course :p) I found him quite repulsive. But now he is my favourite slug in the galaxy far far away :p

Tayschrenn

6. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    One word: Ewoks.

7. Killkenny-Kenobi

Killkenny-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    Jabba the Hut it was for me.
    The green, fat and slimy creep. He is really great, and has no sense of good in him.

8. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    I don't really remember, but probably Vader or stormtroopers or something like that.

9. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    yay, K-K, another early Jabba memory!

I tell you, for a big fat slug, he is very impressive as a memory ;)

Tayschrenn

10. AnakinMoonwalker

AnakinMoonwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    The jawa`s, those things were so cool, I spent countless hours thinking what they would lok like under their hoods.

11. WellKnownCharacter

WellKnownCharacter Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    I think the problem that the PT faced (and will always) face is that back when we first saw these movies as kids (whether it was in '77 or '97) we had never seen anything like them before but with the advent of todays technology kids are constantly being bombarded with images that could never be real but LOOK real and that is why I feel that the ten years olds of today will never have the awe and wonder towards todays Star Wars movies (even in a visual way) that we have for the Classic Trilogy.

12. WellKnownCharacter

WellKnownCharacter Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    BTW,first memory would be seeing one of the movies in a very offhand way when I was at my sisters friends house when I was way too young to understand it.
    I honestly cannot remember which movie it was because I see to remember an old guy fighting-which would suggest A new hope. But then again I seem to remember a floating fortress in the dessert-which would suggest Jedi.
    It might not even have been Star Wars but Im pretty sure it was.

One funny memory I have is when in the release of the SE's I saw an interview with Anthony Daniels on GMTV in which for some reason they talked about the trash compactor monster a lot-(Diagnoa was it called?)-and when I finaly saw the movie for the first time I was really suprised the trash compactor eye didnt have a bigger part!

13. starwarsfan182

starwarsfan182 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    My first memory was from ANH, Luke igniting his fathers Lightsaber and the Tusken Raiders. I was 3 or 4 when my dad bought the Classic Trilogy and now im 18 yrs. old and i've been a fan since I was 3, but anyway those are my first memories.

14. Wormy

Wormy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 1999
    Mine was Jabba, too! I don't remember much, but we rented ROTJ and I was sitting on my mom's lap (i think i was kinda scared...) and she had to read the subtitles to me in a whisper so it didn't bother the rest of my family. I was born in '84, so the only verison of SW I've seen on the big screen is the special editions... I dunno how old I was there, but I've been a fan ever since!!!

15. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I was 9 when I went to see Star Wars at the theater.

I got chills when the music started.

Then they show those ships in space and I was just blown away. I remember thinking...wow, and it looks real!

16. Batty4btman

Batty4btman Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    When I was really little my favorite person that was the only person I knew was Darth Vader and the only reason I watched Star Wars was to see Darth Vader take off his mask. lol, I do remember being scared of the Emperor and the Rancor.

17. kmark

kmark Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2002
    Standing in a line for 3 hours to see the movie (torture for a 10 year old)then wanting to get back in line to see it again.

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Sitting in the theater (I was 9 when SW came out in 1977) and watching Darth Vader walk through the smoke at the start of the film. From that moment, I was hooked. :D

19. DarthClovis

DarthClovis Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2003
    I was six when Star Wars came out. Darth Vader scared me so bad I don't remember anything from the first time I saw it except being very upset that Vader survived.

I had nightmares mixing up elements of American Graffiti and Star Wars. Imagine Darth Vader in a black 55 Chevy drag racing Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in the Falcon.

I remember being mad that R2D2 just made a cameo in the Christmas Special.

20. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    I saw ANH in the cinema on one of it's original re-releases. (Approx 79 I think, I was two and it was before ESB was out).

The only thing I remember was Han Solo Drawing his pistol and shooting at the Stormtroopers in Docking Bay 94.

UKS

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    My first memory is the ESB Vader-Luke duel, when I was 5-6? years old!

:eek: :eek: Man, I was scared of Vader (and his scary voice)!! That duel was so creepy for me. I almost didn't dare to watch! I also remember Luke flying through that Cloud City window.

So, my first memory is ESB.

Luckily, that's all over now, well I do hope so! :p

22. blobo

blobo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    the first apperance of Vader in ANH, walking through all that smoke, i thought wow that is one scary looking dude

23. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I remember being terrified of Yoda. No joke. I thought he was a badguy, he gave me the heebiejeebies.

24. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I was around six years old when the first Star Wars movie came out. As far as I can remember I liked it a lot. I was already starting to aquire an interest in science fiction movies and movies in general. I would say my favorite scenes are: 1) the space battles going on in the trenches of the Death Star in a new hope, 2)the scene in a New Hope where Obi-Wan used the Jedi mind trick on the Stormtroopers in Mois Eisley, 3) the Hoth scene in The Empire Stikes Back, 4) and the light saber duel on Bespin between Luke and Vader.

25. Jericho

Jericho Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2002

I was 3 when ANH came out in '77. I still remember seeing the opening battle between the stormtroopers and the rebels on the Tantive IV. I remember being particularly amused with that shot where R2 and C3PO cross the line of fire untouched. I thought that was so funny. I really liked all of the scenes onboard the Death Star, esp. Vader vs. Obi-Wan and Han/Luke/Leia's escape. That movie was quite an event for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.