What's YOUR opinion on spoilers

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by jedi5150, Apr 24, 2003.

?

What's YOUR opinion on spoilers

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
I don't want to know anything, I mean ANYTHING about Episode III 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I don't mind knowing casting, characters, locations, etc but no deaths, plotpoints, etc 5 vote(s) 45.5%
Just casting and characters for me 1 vote(s) 9.1%
If it's on starwars.com or the insider, it's fair game 5 vote(s) 45.5%
I want to know EVERYTHING! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
  2. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    OK,

With 5 votes we have a two-way tie...anybody else?
  3. BithLord42 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Personally, I don't want to know any of the big plot points but I don't care about casting, characters, or ship designs, so long as they don't reveal a major plot point. For instance, if there's an official release saying such-and-such actor will appear playing so-and-so character, I won't freak out, unless it's something like, such-and-such is in the film and he saves the day, or he kills Count Dooku, or something like that. I guess what it boils down to, is that if this film has an equivalent to "No Luke, I am your father." I don't want to know it till it comes out of the characters mouth. But I don't mind the little things. So, I personally don't go around the internet looking for spoilers, and I don't read the novel or comic book adaptations 'til after I've seen the movie, but if a friend accidentally lets a spoiler slip, or I read one in an e-mail, I'm not going to get mad at them, or cry or anything. It's Star Wars, and I'm still gonna' enjoy the movie, no matter what.

that's just me,
    Ryan A.
  4. MrsStrahd Jedi Knight

star 1
    Same here. I also don't mind idle speculation about who will do what and such, provided that's all it is. If I may refer to the X-Men, it's like speculation about whether or not Gambit, Angel, and Beast will appear in the next X-Men movie and what they'll do there. It makes for fun discussion, without giving anything away.
  5. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, everybody, I've been reading spoilers on TFN. but rest assured I won't spill the beans.I know it can make the spoiler free nervous to be around someone that knows stuff, but don't worry the secrets are safe. There are things I bet are true, other stuff I'm not so sure, but I do Episode III will be awesome.
  6. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I voted for if it's on SW.com or in the Insider it's ok...but I mean only on the front page of SW.com. I don't have Hyperspace and I'm glad. While they don't tell you per say, they show you way to much! This is the LAST SW film for all time and I want to enjoy every last minute without it being super spoiled for me ahead of time!
  7. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Last film ever? Perhaps not....we can only hope....there are rumors however.....
  8. JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, lets hope the new rumors are true...
  9. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    There are sure alot of rumors out there, maybe that big Lucasfilm meeting Nov. 5 will put some of them to rest.
  10. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm sure it's just to announce the new DVD's. But if it is more, than I'm not complaining!
  11. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just as I guessed, the summit news was for the DVD's. So let's not ruin the "last SW film of alltime." At least for all we know. And if there are more SW films, they will probably be made a long time from now by someone other than Lucas. So that being said, death to spoilers! I HATE them.
  12. JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why are you so against sequels being made Qui Gonn? Isn't that what we all want as Star Wars fans? As for spoilers, I agree, however more came out of that summitt then just news of the DVD's.
  13. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    True, *supposedly* more came out of the meeting than DVD's, but really, we haven't had an official press release, right?

personally I'd rather see more films than TV projects (especially live-action), it's too hard to keep the quality up.

Really though, I humbly request that you all keep your Boise squablings to the Boise forum...we try to keep it a bit more friendly over here..... :)

Doug
  14. JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Knight

star 1
    More friendly it is then, my apologies.
  15. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Doug,
    It's cool. Jar Jar was just kidding around. We also like to keep things friendly over in the NBO threads.
    As for why I'm against more sequels-well it's because all the cast from Jedi are to old now and SW is Anakin's story, and now that Anakin is dead, the story ends, at least the movies do. I don't mind the books at all. I just feel that since the main character the films follow is dead, that the films should be over. Now if Lucas has some grand scheme that I don't know about and he plans to make a few more, I'm not complaining!!!
  16. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've got a question for everyone regarding spoilers and what can be mentioned. It use to be information on the official Star Wars site was fair game and information from there was ok even with people extremely sensitive to spoilers.
    When I mentioned that space battle which has been discussed at the official site for almost a year at the last meeting some members thought I let something slip.
    The official site has released alot more info on the making of Episode III than they have with the previous movies especially for those with Hyperspace subscriptions. I haven't felt like the official site has let out anything particulary spoilerish, but I know I'm not as sensitive about that as others.
    Mainly I'm posting this just to get a new defination from members about what can or cannot be discussed in a meeting.
    Having been on Hyperspace since it started there is a lot of information I might be taking for granted and if Hyperspace and the Insider is considered spoiler-ridden please let me know. I've always just figured if it came from an official source it was cool to discuss with everyone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.