main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's your rating of AOTC from 1-10 (10 being the hightest and 1 the lowest)?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Obi-Gon_Jinnobi, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjay

jjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 1999

From the title to the scenes of the clones, it was a bore.

the last 40 minutes was amazing.

simply amazing.

but the dialogue and the acting and the plot sucked eggs.

boring too.

and very artificial. I don't see how all that glitter makes it gold. Maybe george is painting a picture more suitable for pbs or National Geographic or for NASA, but in a film, I belive a story and solid dialogues would be helpful.

Of course, money is to be made and fans are to satisfied, so with all the fancy dancy spacey dacey scenes. But I would rather have a good chemistry between the cast blurting great lines.

2. OB_Wan_Baloney

OB_Wan_Baloney Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
  3. Darth_Envy

Darth_Envy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 20, 2002
    I also would give it a 9. By comparison, I would give TPM a 3 or 4.

AHBY!

4. DarthMoses

DarthMoses Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    most awful movie experience ever. I had to pee 4 times, and I didn't drink anything! I also got sick right after Anakin killed the Tuskens, and I had to leave. SO I didn't get to see the last 45 min. I hope its better than the first half...it wasn't very good. Though I was surprised with how much better the performances were compared to some reviews.

right now....I'll give it a 7, after I see it again...probably 8 or 9.

5. Golden_One

Golden_One Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Definately! It was so cool...I haven't decided whether It's now my favorite SW movie, instead of Empire Strikes Back, so maybe when I go see it for the second time it'll clear things up a little :D.

6. FOTR-AOTC-TTT_2002

FOTR-AOTC-TTT_2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    SLAVE2,

the surprise is *how much* I disliked it.
    It has the best scene in sw movie ever though (tatooine, anakin/shmi, ...).

But the rest is a shame.

7. jediman22

jediman22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    on my first viewing i gave it an 8, but i went back and now i give it a 9 1/2

8. VaderSkywalker

VaderSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    9 3/4, the last quarter goes to acting.

9. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
  10. Skyvancost

Skyvancost Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    9 - For me one thing is missing, something that made starwars what it is : epic space battles. but i guess i will be the purpose of episode III.
    Didn't like the C3PO head story either.

Chris (from france)

11. Jedi_Wannabee

Jedi_Wannabee Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    From Denmark (Imperial Cinema) the results it:

AT 00:01 10
    AT 03:00 10
    AT 06:00 10
    AT 09:00 10
    AT 12:00 10
    AT 15:00 10
    AT 18:00 10
    AT 21:00 10
    AT 23:59 10

YES!! I saw it 9 times in a row SAME DAY MAY 16th!!
    I Was a little tired to the end, but it was still great!!

LUCAS DID IT AGAIN!
    MAY THE FORCE BE WITH HIM!!!

Jedi_Wannabee
    Daniel

12. Hermit_Boy

Hermit_Boy Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    9.5 at least. I am not sure where the complaints are coming from. Will the acting be nominated for an academy award? Probably not, but it did not detract from the movie for me.

I am also not sure what everyone is complaining about with the first part of the movie. I thought everything with Jango and Boba was good. The assassin bot and Zam sequences with the speeder chase was all good too.

Sure the first half was not as action packed as the last 40 minutes, but it was all interesting.

13. Lil Ka Mil

Lil Ka Mil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2000
    I give the movie an 8.

I am an utter fan boy, but not a fanatical fan boy.

I was excited to see this movie and spoiled it a bit by reading three reviews before hand. I went in completly open-minded and had these observations of the movie.

1. George said he was going to tell his story and he did.

2. This one isn't for the kids. The middle of the movie is a bit slow as George tries to develop his characters and it will bore them.

3. The end was as exciting as any of the other four movies, proving once agian George may not have the middle down but he can begin and end a movie.

4. The love scences seemed to be a bit forced, but I do see what George wnated to get across.

5. The ending was F'ing great, I can't say this anymore.

My SW movie ratings are as follows

Empire - 10
    SW - 9.9
    AOTC - 8
    Jedi - 8
    TPM - 7

14. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    I give it a 10. I don't care what other ppl think if the movie sucks. well, they are wrong. I really enjoyed AOTC. The dialogue didn't bother me. I thought the acting was good. I liked Hayden and natalie's acting. Even Ewans. Yoda ROCKED!!! I can't wait to see it again!!

15. Ric Olie's Hairdresser

Ric Olie's Hairdresser Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    I would give it a 6.5. I must say though, while I was disappointed with the movie a tad (given the precedents of ESB and ANH), I was not disappointed in the TPM way (Jar-Jar, etc.).

The good: Ian McCallum, scene at the Tuskin camp, Yoda with a lightsabre, shout out to the blue juice on Tatooine, minimal Jar Jar, the tingles you get when the music starts (don't abuse that George)

The bad: Jar Jar (even minimal, I hate him), most of the acting, video game type scenes that would have been cool in moderation but dragged on too long, flying R2 (why dind't he ever do that in the OT)

The ugly: Jar Jar, the "Sound of Music" scene (you know, when Padme was running through the fields of Naboo in her flowing dress)

16. Anakin2001

Anakin2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2000
  17. Obi-Wan_Vader

Obi-Wan_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Well, I've actually added up EVERY numbered rating, including the "0" for a negative 10 rating, and "10" for anything over a "10" rating. Also, if someone's first viewing was 8, and second viewing was 9, I scored that post as an 8.5

So far, on this board, for 237 ratings, the average for this movie is.........

If we were to round up, that brings it to an average rating of

Not bad, George, not bad at all!!! I'm sure it would be higher if not for some AWFUL ratings from some. But hey, you can't please everyone!!

18. PatJedi82

PatJedi82 Ex-Mod star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 31, 2000

Half, and little bit better than a half. I need to see it again before I can make a final rating.

19. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001

Some bits annoyed me, but I expected too much.

20. Spud

Spud Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    6 on the first visit, 8 after the second. I think it's one of those films that grows on you.

21. dancin_hippo

dancin_hippo Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2002
  22. BLKNIGHT18

BLKNIGHT18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2001
  23. Lan-Ker

Lan-Ker Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2001
    After seeing the film only once, I give it a 7 (above average film but too many flaws to make it better than the OT).

Things that made me squirm in my seat:

The romance. I never believed that Ani/Padme were so deeply in love that they would risk everything for it. The dialogue and the scenes (Even my wife sang "The Hills Are Alive") were too cliched and dated. I was hoping for something on par with the Han/Leia relationship. George, because of ESB, I know you can write romance.

Yoda's duel with Dooku. Yes, I realize this has gotten universal praise from fans and critics alike. However, I believe George missed a huge opportunity on this one. Should the scene have been presented as comical (everyone in the theater was laughing) or should it have been awe inspiring seeing THE Jedi Master finally show why he is THE Jedi Master? When he mocks Dooku with pseudo Kung Fu gestures, I rolled my eyes. I expected that kind of scene to have more reverence to it. Oh, by the way, I feel the Duel of The Fates Scene in TPM was better.

Padme's wardrobe through the whole film. OK, granted ROTJ has the sexiest outfit of all time in Leia's slave girl outfit. But, that was one scene. Was Britney Spear's the costume consultant for Natalie? This was sexed up Star Wars. 'Oh no Ani, we can't do this. Did you notice my cleavage in the firelight?' This goes against all the other movie's philosophies on how the lead woman dressed. I think I have Padme's navel memorized.

Anakin's mechanical hand. You mean to tell me that the Rebel Alliance had better medical technology than the Jedi at the height of the Golden Age of the Republic?

OK, now what made me smile:

The political plot was brilliant. Seeing how Palpatine is rising is fascinating and realistic.

Dooku. Man I want to see more of this dude in Epi III.

Jango Fett. His scenes with Obi-Wan were tense. Best acting of the movie.

Kudos to Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan, he was the one I cared about the most and I believe he will make the transition from young obi-Wan to old Obi-Wan easy to believe.

Anakin's journey as a Jedi. The scene with Shmi was a bit hackneyed (she dies right when he gets there?) but Anakin's growth was right on. I particularly enjoyed Dooku kicking his butt like, "You may be the Chosen One but you have a long way to go." Overall good job by Hayden.

My personal ratings for the films:

ROTJ - 10; ESB - 10; ANH - 9; AOTC - 7; TPM - 7

24. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I would have to say a 9/10. It's my second favourite Star Wars movie behind The Empire Strikes Back.

Well Done George.

25. HBMC_Kloon

HBMC_Kloon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Lan-Ker:

I hate to break it to ya buddy, but people weren't laughing at Yoda, they were laughing in amazment.

I laughed, not because I found it funny, but because it was incredible.

Everyone of my friends were laughing and cheering like mad, and after they said that was the best scene, not because it was funny, but because it was the best scene in the film. And of those friends, only 2 of them were die hard SW fans, and two of them casual fans. The other 5 were just people who enjoy a good film, and they LOVED it.

I'm sure some people did laugh at it, but your notion that people were laughing at it because it was comical is flat out wrong.

BYE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.