main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's your rating of AOTC from 1-10 (10 being the hightest and 1 the lowest)?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Obi-Gon_Jinnobi, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthVader2

DarthVader2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2002
    I really loved this movie, everything to me seemed to work, although I really thought 5 minutes of the movie could have been better so I am going to give it a 9.9. :)

2. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    10 out of 10!

i almost can't believe it myself, but i think this might be the best star wars film of them all.

3. MINI_YODA

MINI_YODA Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    I hate rating SW movies but here goes

8.5/10 on first viewing, some of the things the critics said SEEMED to be true

10/10 on 2nd viewing. The Critics and I were wrong. This movie is so rich it's beyond comprehension.

4. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999

While I could have done with less whining and NP is the worst actress I've ever seen the movie is amazing

5. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Well i saw it earlier and I have to say as it was my firt viewing that i rate it at about 8 out of 10.

The love story seemed rushed and didnt seem believable.
    The main actors were great and the dialogue, acting & effects were brilliant.
    I was disappointed by the supporting cast (not Ian McDiarmid, samuel, christopher or Yoda) tho. Very poor.
    Is it me or does it seem wrong that Boba sounds too disimilar to when he speaks in TESB?

Oh well still a brilliant movie :D

6. milkchess

milkchess Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    i would have given the cheesy love scenes a 6, but seeing it w/a hard core wild crowd made it a million times more fun so i have to still give the movie a 10. LOVED IT!!! i'm on a star wars high baby! only 9 hrs till my next showing!!!

7. Miiike

Miiike Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2001
    I have always viewed each film of the OT with equal respect. Although I really liked TPM, it was not quite to the level of the first 3 films, though it tends to grow on me more and more. Although I may need additional viewings and more time to be fair, this one is equal to the OT. As with each of the films from the OT, I feel a 10 (an 11 if I have Nigel's amp). All I know is I have been unconsciously humming a familiar theme all day.

8. Grifter71

Grifter71 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    I'd rank this as a 3. I have been a fan of Star Wars since viewing the original Star Wars upon its release in 1977. I'm 30. I've watched all of the films multiple times and hold the opinion that the films have decreased in quality since Jedi. AOTC is horrible. I'm in shock as to the reactions here in these forums but to each their own. As this is a forum, I'll say my piece. The dialogue is juvenile (Star Wars and Empire didn't insult me with continually corny lines, a few yes), the deliveries stale and mechanic (what can you do, the dialogue is pathetic and you're in front of a blue screen 99% of the time), the romance is laughable in an "After School Special" sort of way and Anakin is the single worst written character in all of the films. Lucas is still feeding off of the good fortune he had with the original Star Wars and it's high time he assembled talented people to carry out his vision as they did with Empire. I'm not going to be ripped off any longer. It isn't my intent to offend anyone here but I do hope that all of you will actually give serious thought to this film and how flawed it and the entire saga has become from a creative, theatrical and technical perspective.

9. POTAStar

POTAStar Jedi Master star 2

May 26, 2001
    AOTC was a masterpiece. I didn't know such a movie could be made or even thought of. It is beyond "WOW." I can't describe the way I felt sitting in the theater from 10:45pm to 3:00 am.

11 out of 10 for the most original, mind-blowing experience ever.

10. Mace_Winduel

Mace_Winduel Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2000
    Gotta give it a 10.

Beats Empire hands down.

If 3 is this good, we are going to be in for a treat.

11. Obi-Gon_Jinnobi

Obi-Gon_Jinnobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    Wow, I never even thought once this thread was going to be this big!

Anyway, this is how my ratings go...

AOTC--10
    TPM--9.5
    ROTJ--9
    TESB--8.5
    ANH--8(?)

I don't get why everyone thinks TPM is bad! It owns SW (along with AOTC).

Glad to hear your opinions!

P.S. Anyone who thinks AOTC is cheese doesn't know SW and is a comic book lova!

12. naz_da_fett

naz_da_fett Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    What you put TPM ahead of the ESB, what the heck are u smokin, well anyways what the phuck, was mace windu (aka bad ass motherphuker) awsome or what....

10.0 ESB
    9.5 ROTJ
    9.0 AOTC
    9.0 ANH
    8.0 PM

13. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    10!!!!!!!!!!

I can not express how big of a 10 AOTC gets....it was unbelievable.

14. V8ER_H8ER

V8ER_H8ER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 1998

This movie was by far one of the best in the series. Empire still holds a special place in my heart. However, this film easily takes second place. Great job Lucas.

15. KeithFranklin

KeithFranklin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 1998
    This thread begs a question. Why no polls in the Spoilers allowed forum?

16. theharri

theharri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    10 although I would have given it 9 after the first viewing. I give all the films 10 except ROTJ which I give 9-9,5
    Order of films:
    TPM/AOTC
    ANH
    ESB
    ROTJ

17. Devilish

Devilish Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2001
    AOTC 10
    ROTJ-9
    ESB-8
    PM-7
    ANH-7.5

18. DarthDrumAce

DarthDrumAce Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Im 31 and have been a Star Wars fanatic since I was 7 that being said:

WOW!!! 11 of 10 if not more.

Saw it at the 12:01 showing last nite. And for 2 hours and some change I was sucked into a fantastic world that only George Lucas can create!! I am one of the Few I guess that liked TPM but AOTC blows that away by far. Luckily I didnt spoil myself to much before I saw the movie...I mean I checked this site a bit over the last 3 years..but not enough to ruin it for me.

I guess If I were to be nit picky I think Dex and some of the other CGI characters looked a little...well too CGI. But as for some of the other complaints I have read about acting and the love story taking to long...NO WAY it was great the movie IMHO was well paced and Hayden...man when he killed the Tuskens and the look on his face when he brought his Mother's Body home..He was All VADER I could see it in his eyes...it was AWESOME!!!!!

I saw TPM 8 times at the movies and of course own the DVD. Im sure Ill see this one much more then that. STAR WARS IS BACK!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT FOR EpisodeIII !!!!!!!!

19. CapDarius

CapDarius Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Solid 5. Worst movie of all.

No, I'm not trolling. I am fan and I really was disappointed by this film.

Why?

- I thought the Anakin character was not likeable at all.
    - The romance was rushed and not believable.
    - The C3P0 scenes in the Robot Factory were totally inane. He made jokes that were non-period for the film and his head removal was completely ridiculous.
    - It was neat to see Yoda fight, but the light saber duel was nothing compared to others (like Darh Maul).

20. Pancrase

Pancrase Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2001
    9.5 out of 10

Anakin was GREAT. I really didn't get all the complaining about his character. Hayden did a great job with the acting considering it was a Star Wars movie.

I loved how much air time Yoda got.

Obi-Wan is just as always: GREAT!!

I even felt the love dialogue was great. It really didn't seemed forced if you go into the movie with the sense that it is suppose to be epic events within the movie.

21. Jedi_Tonedus

Jedi_Tonedus Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    What can I say. Has to be a well deserved 10.

If I were to rate all the rest, they would all get 10's. I love them all, but if I was forced into a corner and asked which order I would watch them in I would go with this.

AOTC
    TPM
    ANH
    ESB
    ROTJ

But they are all so excellent though.

AOTC rules big time......

22. Master_of_Darkness

Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    1st viewing: 9
    2nd: 9

NP and Hayden's part in the love story isn't the best, but everything else is damn good. The last 45 minutes of this movie are truly spectacular.

23. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    11 out of 10

24. jiabaoyu

jiabaoyu Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2000
    I'd give it a 9/10.

I already wrote my very LONG review, so I won't regurgitate it here...but suffice it to say, I really enjoyed it (despite a demand to go to the bathroom and being spoiled rotten). The only reason it didn't get a 10 is because of the dialogue in the love story and the fact that I was spoiled rotten coming into the theater!!

25. Chang

Chang Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    9.5 out of 10!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.