What's your rating of AOTC from 1-10 (10 being the hightest and 1 the lowest)?

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Obi-Gon_Jinnobi, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHutt Force Ghost

star 5
    9 for now...
    I'm going to see it again today, so it might move up a spot... :)

It's hard to quantify a SW movie after seeing it only once. I'm still too freaked out about just seeing a new SW movie.
  2. Executor_ Jedi Knight

9/10

The acting and dialogue sucked. But what else is new? This is Star Wars.

The order of preference of the movies for me:
    1) The Empire Strikes Back
    2) Attack of the Clones
    3) A New Hope
    4) Return of the Jedi
    1000) The Phantom Menace

And I got to see it on a DLP! The way it was meant to be seen! I love Canada!
  3. Katriel Jedi Master

star 4

George can do better than this.

The love scenes were absolutely laughable and prompted many members of the audience I was in to start adding their own commentary.

I liked Hayden as Anakin and thought he did a good job with what he was given. His character comes off as uneven though because of the writing.

Natalie Portman absolutely sucks. She's got that monotone down to a science.

Yoda, Mace, Obi Wan, Dooku, Palpatine: they made the movie work which shows you what good actors (the human ones anyway) they are.

The entire OT ranks way above Ep I and II in my book.
  4. Balance_Point Jedi Master

star 4
    8/10

It was pretty good--okay, it was awesome :D--but there were several parts that could have been done better. Still, looking back, everything worked out near perfectly, and everything the movie sets out to do, it does well. (Except for the love story... but even that keeps getting better as it rolls along.)

I've only seen it once, so this is a tentative rating. Once I've seen it a couple more times, I'll be able to decide for sure.
  5. DARTH_HENDRIX Jedi Master

star 1
    I loved it. Give it 9 out of 10. I hear alot of negative talk about the the way people speak in these movies( monotone, wooden) I just want to point out that these are senators and jedi speaking in these movies, much more formal than say a bunch of rebels. The imperials in the ot spoke real formal(wooden and monotone)just a thought..
  6. Count_Cuckoo Jedi Master

star 4

What more could you have asked for, being as this is the middle of the story for the prequal trilogy. Episode 3 is going to be great and with Sam Jackson speaking on TV yesterday how he wants to be involved in a 4 way sabre duel as a fitting end to Mace's life, commenting that he wants to go out in a big way.

The best is to come, but AOTC is as good as it gets for now.

7. oBi1JaCoBi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would have to go with a 9 right now. I need to see it a few more times to know. I thought everything was incredible though and I didn't cringe once at dialogue during the movie... I really liked the little things like when Obi-Wan caught Anikan's saber when it fell while Anikan was on top of Zam's ship...
  8. XV426 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hmm, first off, I have to see this film again. But my impression from last night: I'd rate it somewhere between 7 and 8. Trounces Menace (duh!) and Jedi in terms of the fun factor. But I didn't like Anakin or Padme. I thought the "romance" was pathetic. Not only was the "dialouge" embarassing, no way do I believe that someone like Padme (who had all the emotions of a chunk of wood) would fall for such a creep. And the thing is, I'm supposed to feel sorry for these two people. But I don't. I do feel sorry for Obi-Wan, however. Here's this powerful, good soul coming into his Jedi prime at the end of the Jedi order. Sad. Indeed, the dark feel of Clones is most appreciated.

Yoda has earned the praise, but Dooku did nothing for me. Surprisingly, neither did Sam Jackson. I still consider the Menace duel the best of Star Wars. The CGI was uneven, but worked wonders for the most part (the opening chase sequence is beyond words).

ESB
    ANH
    AOTC
    ROTJ
    TPM

9. DarthHomer Force Ghost

star 5
    On first viewing 10/10 . . . but that was in a digital cinema with a cheering crowd, so I may revise that after a second viewing.
    Here's how I rank the other films:
    ANH 10
    ESB 10
    ROTJ 8
    TPM 9
  10. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    It's 10/10. Not better than ESB, but equally good... It has got different advantages, merits of course.

You guys think the love scenes are slow or dull- but it's just because the other parts are so breathtakingly fast.

And XV - you are mistaken: "someone like Padme (who had all the emotions of a chunk of wood) would fall for such a creep" is exactly what that kind of girl would do. :)
  11. yahoo_auctions Jedi Knight

star 1
    I rate it 26.5

That was GREAT!!!
  12. jedimatt87 Jedi Padawan

13. JediPraxeum Jedi Master

star 3
    From 1-10

A FREAKIN 12!!!!!

AOTC ROCKS....HARD!
  14. Randall_Fett Jedi Padawan

I give it a 6. While the action and the plot were impressive, I especially liked the links that showed how Anakin was developing into Vader, as well as how the Lars family were brought in. R2D2 was awesome in this movie, but I thought that some of the dialogue was bad (love scenes and anything Padme says), but more importantly Anakin (Hayden Christensen) cannot act and many other characters and for that reason the movie receives a six.
  15. JediBindu Jedi Master

star 1

Visually its the most incredible movie ive ever seen. The pace was relentless, the action and war scenes were the best ive ever seen in a movie. McGregor owns the role of Obi Wan now, I though Hayden did a great job. I like Anakin quite a bit and can completely see him becoming Vader now.

As far as the romance goes I liked it quite a bit. Yea, it was corny but who's not when
    they are in a relationship except maybe all the smooth Casanova?s we obviously have on
    these boards.

Ive been a Star Wars fan since the beginning and ESB has always been my favorite but
    after two showings and another tonight, as of right now, I?d have to put them in this order:

AOTC
    ESB
    ANH/ROTJ/TPM
  16. AgentCoop Force Ghost

star 4
    I give it a 9.

It was absolutely spectacular. It was everything that I had wanted TPM to be. My faith in "Star Wars" is renewed. When I saw TPM I had no desire to see it again, and I didn't until it was released to home video. I can't wait to see AOTC again.

My revised ranking:

1.ESB
    2.ANH/AOTC (a tie, with a slight edge to ANH)
    3.ROTJ
    4.TPM
  17. neoxeon2 Jedi Master

star 4
    9-9.5, and im seeing it agin today. in about 2 hours.
  18. big_boss_nass Force Ghost

star 4
    11 out of 10

Mace kicked Jango's arse.
  19. Lady_Kat Jedi Knight

star 2
  20. jediart Jedi Master

star 3
    ESB=10
    ANH=10
    ROTJ=9
    TPM=6
    aotc=2 :( :( :mad: :mad:

LOVED Jango Fett and Obi-Wan fight :)
    LOVED Asteroid battle
    Loved clone trooper battle

I am 37 I was 12 when I seen ANH in 1977
    I have been a huge fan a big time fan.
    The trailers looked so cool,most early
    reviews where great????????????????????
    I walked in ready to be blown away.....

WHAT THE HELL ????????????????????? :mad:
    I can't put into words what I just seen.
    Its like I just seen a two hour trailer
    what happened to the movie?????????????
    You have no idea how bad it makes me feel
    to say all this. :( :( this is one sad fan.

21. Saffsmale_uk Jedi Knight

Seen it once so far.....seeing it again tomorrow, my rating is 10 out of 10 if not 11....i thourght it was as near as damn it perfect....you cant get much better than that & id rank it in alot of ways as the best star wars film of all & in some ways id rank it joint best with Empire, in other ways id rank it a very close 2nd best behind Empire-but thats at the very least,i thourght it was superb & a true star wars film in every sense of the phrase, for me it had it all & i was not dissapointed one bit infact quiet the opposite...well done goerge & thank you-Star Wars is back & a what welcome return that is.
  22. Gothmog Jedi Knight

9/10!!
    I've seen it 2 times as far, and it was fantastic!!

I think some of the scenes could have been done better, and that we got to see Jango & Boba without their maskes disappointed me.
    But unlike everybody else, I kinda liked the relationship between Anakin & Padmé, and I think Anakin was a great actor. Of course, some of the dialoges between them could have been better, but one of my favorites was when Anakin comes back after "saving" Shmi, and you see the hate flows through him with the Imperial March playing in the background.

But I hoped we would have seen more of Sidious, and I was disappointed when Yoda said "begun the Clone War has", and then the movie just ended.

Really looking forward to Episode III; I almost started crying when I came out of the movies because I had to know what would happen next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  23. DarthMaul84 Force Ghost

star 1
    I love this movie. I think it is really, really great. However, being as spoiled as I was, going into the movie I knew everything, and therefore I realized all the cool scenes that were cut, so in terms of my viewing experience I would give it a 6 or 7. This is how I rate my enjoyment of the movie on the first viewing. Although I think the movie is incredible, It wasn't as awesome to me as some, seeing as how I knew exactly what was going to happen and was pretty pissed to see all of the cut scenes that I feel would have helped the movie (especially Dooku's scenes and him using 2 sabers). In terms of movie quality, I would give AOTC a 9. Almost perfect, and tied with ROTJ as my favorite Star Wars movie. The more I see it, the better it will become. Now I can't wait for the DVD!
  24. Hector Jedi Knight

star 3
    9 out of 10.

After re-reading some of the reviews, I'd have to guess that they were watching a different movie.
  25. JediStrider Jedi Master

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.